It only gets worse: Kellerman reveals "deal" to Golovkin is for November 2017!

Find the post where I did that, cupcake. I've been pretty clear that Oscars offer is shit and Golovkin should get more than they're offering. Hack poster is a hack.

And start tagging me if you're going to talk about me. Ironic that a guy who calls prizefighters cowards acts passive-aggressive... anonymously... online. One time you responded to me in the middle of a post to someone else. Untuck your tail, you can.

In review I was mistaken, it was lazy posting, apologies.

It's true the hit and hug tactic is really effective. If any other fighter other than Klitschko did it they'd be getting warned all the time but I guess we are talking about Floyd here who gets away with murder. I suppose on that basis he could hit and hug enough to nullify all of GGG's attacking opportunities. The more I think about it the less I'd ever want to see that fight as it would just be 12 rounds of frustration watching Floyd hit GGG with a few jabs and lead straights and then tying up.

Floyd wouldn't be able to do that against GGG, he's too big for him. He's not an ex-flyweight like Manny. GGG would walk through Floyd's punches to land his own and eventually the power would make the difference like it did against Brook. Floyd would never fight someone like GGG anyway.

Floyd wouldn't be able to do that against GGG, he's too big for him. He's not an ex-flyweight like Manny. GGG would walk through Floyd's punches to land his own and eventually the power would make the difference like it did against Brook. Floyd would never fight someone like GGG anyway.
GGG is too big for Floyd, that is absolutely true. But comparing that to Brook is a fucking Joke. Brook is a solid top 2 WW on every media ranking now, but Floyd is light years ahead if him skill-wise. You of all people know that.
And what's this BS about Pacman's FLW run? Was GGG a bodybuilder at age 16-19? cause that's how old Manny was there, as he suddenly had a growth spurt and jumped up 3 weight classes(skipped the 2 weight classes inbetween) to SB dev. As if Mayweather and Pacman haven't humiliated great LMWs before.

Considering how confidant Floyd was in beating comeback Taylor(that tried his luck at SMW a few times), who even tho old, outclassed the younger Soliman taking his title belt. He could have been a 6 dev world champion by now if Jermain wasn't a crazy homicidal drunktard.

My main point, I wouldn't bet too hastily on either in that fight. Mayweather's godly defense is not to be under estimated.

I do think Floyd would try to use the grappling to nullify GGG but then GGG has a wrestling background so it could backfire and GGG could outwrestle him. It really depends on the referee, whether Floyd can buy one or not as to the result. IF he gets a ref like he did vs. Hatton like Joe Cortez then Floyd will get the clinch and the ref will immediately break them up so GGG can't work.

In fact I'm interested to see the Jacobs fight because his team are going to try and tie up GGG. I think they could be in for a surprise when GGG counter wrestles him. The referee could play a crucial part in the outcome of that one.

Last edited:
I do think Floyd would try to use the grappling to nullify GGG but then GGG has a wrestling background so it could backfire and GGG could outwrestle him. It really depends on the referee, whether Floyd can buy one or not as to the result. IF he gets a ref like he did vs. Hatton like Joe Cortez then Floyd will get the clinch and the ref will immediately break them up so GGG can't work.
Clinching in boxing is used as a defensive tool. You dont get points for out wrestling someone so even if GGG "out wrestled him" Floyd has still done what he wanted which is to tie up to avoid the dangerous punches of GGG.
whether Floyd can buy one or not as to the result.
Please stop...

Clinching in boxing is used as a defensive tool. You dont get points for out wrestling someone so even if GGG "out wrestled him" Floyd has still done what he wanted which is to tie up to avoid the dangerous punches of GGG.

Please stop...

Who said anything about getting points? Being a good wrestler means you know how to get of, avoid and work in the clinch. It's counter wrestling. Triple GGG's counter wrestling ability would allow him to gain better position in the clinch and launch his own attacks. But he needs to be allowed to work to do that. If the referee immediately breaks them as often happens in matches that involve PBF then GGG wouldn't be able to work his counter wrestling.

Please stop what? Watch the Hatton fight and you'll see how ridiculous the ref was by not allowing Hatton to work from the clinch where he is known to do some of his best work. And most times it was PBF initiating the clinch. That's why the referee is so critical and if Joe Cortez was not in the pocket that night he deserved to be. Terribly biased refereeing.

Who said anything about getting points? Being a good wrestler means you know how to get of, avoid and work in the clinch. It's counter wrestling. Triple GGG's counter wrestling ability would allow him to gain better position in the clinch and launch his own attacks. But he needs to be allowed to work to do that. If the referee immediately breaks them as often happens in matches that involve PBF then GGG wouldn't be able to work his counter wrestling.

Please stop what? Watch the Hatton fight and you'll see how ridiculous the ref was by not allowing Hatton to work from the clinch where he is known to do some of his best work. And most times it was PBF initiating the clinch. That's why the referee is so critical and if Joe Cortez was not in the pocket that night he deserved to be. Terribly biased refereeing.
Yeah, I've heard that "boo hoo, the ref wouldn't allow Hatton to do illegal shit" argument for too long now.

Yeah, I've heard that "boo hoo, the ref wouldn't allow Hatton to do illegal shit" argument for too long now.
Illegal shit lol yeah like work out of the clinch. Turning your man in the clinch to gain a better angle by pushing on their elbow which Hatton used all the time isn't illegal. And really considering we are talking Floyd here Mr. Forearm shove himself. Please stop with the faux indignation.

Illegal shit lol yeah like work out of the clinch. Turning your man in the clinch to gain a better angle by pushing on their elbow which Hatton used all the time isn't illegal. And really considering we are talking Floyd here Mr. Forearm shove himself. Please stop with the faux indignation.
You're not allowed to punch the back of the head or the back. In the instances Cortez broke the clinches, those were the available targets for Hatton.

I'll stop with the "faux indignation" when you stop stating your ignorance of the rules as fact to discredit a fighter you don't like.

I aint about to make a thread on this but here is a video where Abel is calm and cool and sounds reasonable. Most the time he is running off the mouth worst than Freddie.

You're not allowed to punch the back of the head or the back. In the instances Cortez broke the clinches, those were the available targets for Hatton.

I'll stop with the "faux indignation" when you stop stating your ignorance of the rules as fact to discredit a fighter you don't like.

Cortez broke all the clinches as soon as they happened. And stop trying to make a strawman argument about only the back of the head being avaiable, the point is Ricky should have been allowed to work out of the clinch. A fighter I don't like? Who Mayweather? That's assinine. I like Mayweather but I'm also a realist and recognise that's he's as smart out of the ring as he was in it. Getting a referee on side through monetary gain or even if it was just through fear of something like a lawsuit isn't something that strikes me as unlikely when it comes to PBF the man who played for every advantage he could get on fight night. C'mon even you with your head shoved so far up Floyd's ass can't be that naive?

Strawman argument about the back of the head being available? Watch the fight. When two guys are tied up in a clinch, there aren't legal punch options. That's precisely why the ref breaks them up. People who complained that Hatton wasn't allowed to fight his fight against Floyd are literally complaining that Hatton wasn't allowed to break the rules.

_44289100_clinch_getty.jpg

Let em fight ref!

hatton3_2.jpg

Come on ref, let Hatton fight his fight!

Boxing is limited combat for bitches who can't really fight.

Cortez broke clinches a little too much (some of it was warranted as Hatton was clearly trying to hold and hit himself rather regularly; if we want to talk about fighters capitalizing on questionable refereeing, Hatton's career is a much better example than Mayweather's) and Floyd should have probably got a warning for excessive holding (one would have likely been warranted). As the fight wore on, Cortez did let them fight out a lot more on the inside, and Floyd clearly got the better of it. It didn't matter who was reffing that fight, Floyd was always going to win, and it wasn't going to be particularly close.

Back