It only gets worse: Kellerman reveals "deal" to Golovkin is for November 2017!

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up anymore. Kellerman on First Take just revealed the details of Fishnets' 'great deal' to Golovkin. Apparently he wanted Golovkin to sign a contract for a fight 14 months down the line!

Go to 5:28

So it is true what Abel Sanchez said in @Marc A's thread. There are a lot of ways to avoid a fight, and Oscar is going through that entire list.

Ward signed a deal to fight Kova a yr ahead. Sound like GBP was looking to do the same but GGG doesnt want to play ball.

Yeah, it's not exactly shocking that Oscar was bullshitting. I do think it's interesting how people are willing to give someone like Canelo a clear pass and say that it's his team who are blocking it despite Canelo's wishes. He has responsibility for who he chooses to negotiate for him.

Ward signed a deal to fight Kova a yr ahead. Sound like GBP was looking to do the same but GGG doesnt want to play ball.

Actually they just signed a contract for that fight last month...

Actually they just signed a contract for that fight last month...

yes but HBO's deal with Roc was for that fight to happen after Ward's warms up. HBO only made a TV with Ward with the promise of that happening. So it was already on paper.

All of us at Roc Nation Sports are thrilled to partner with HBO as we embark on the next chapter in the storied career of Andre Ward,” said David Itskowitch, COO of the boxing division of Roc Nation Sports. “Starting this multi-fight agreement and Andre’s quest to conquer the light heavyweight division with a fight on the highly anticipated Nov. 21 pay-per-view event is a fitting way to kick things off. We are hopeful that Nov. 21 is the first step toward a 2016 showdown with Sergey Kovalev.”

Ward’s deal includes three fights. Once on the Cotto-Canelo undercard, then again next spring with the final fight being against Kovalev (28-0-1, 25 KOs) in what could possibly be for the mythical pound-for-pound title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...ight-deal-with-hbo-is-official-160023467.html

Sounds like GBP was trying to get the fight on paper and then start building it up but GGG doesnt want to.

Last edited:
Told you. Lol at GGG getting a pass. it's cool when he does it

yes but HBO's deal with Roc was for that fight to happen after Ward's warms up. HBO only made a TV with Ward with the promise of that happening. So it was already on paper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...ight-deal-with-hbo-is-official-160023467.html

Sounds like GBP was trying to get the fight on paper and then start building it up but GGG doesnt want to.

That was an expectation, it wasn't written in the contract.

The fact that they signed a contract for the actual fight a month ago tells you all you need to know. Besides what the hell was Ward going to do at LHW other than challenge Kovalev? It's not like they have a list of available opponents for him. It was more like

"Look, we need a fighter for Kovalev at some point cause we're running out of opponents, you wanna do it?"

- "Sure, just give me a couple of tune ups and I'll fight him down the line"

Ward could've not moved up to LHW at all and kept fighting at SMW, whip up on Jack, Bute, Degale, etc. and Roc still would've paid him well. He's fighting Kovalev because he wants to fight Kovalev. In a world where fighters won't agree to fighting each other, it's crazy that Ward gets thinly-veiled criticism because he made a good fight lol.

That was an expectation, it wasn't written in the contract.

The fact that they signed a contract for the actual fight a month ago tells you all you need to know. Besides what the hell was Ward going to do at LHW other than challenge Kovalev? It's not like they have a list of available opponents for him. It was more like

"Look, we need a fighter for Kovalev at some point cause we're running out of opponents, you wanna do it?"

- "Sure, just give me a couple of tune ups and I'll fight him down the line"

Naw. It was a smart deal and Ward took it. thats all that is all there is too.

Told you. Lol at GGG getting a pass. it's cool when he does it

You mean him getting a pass for not signing a contract for a fight 14-months away? I have never even heard of somebody doing that. That is like 4-fights down the road.

Ward could've not moved up to LHW at all and kept fighting at SMW, whip up on Jack, Bute, Degale, etc. and Roc still would've paid him well. He's fighting Kovalev because he wants to fight Kovalev. In a world where fighters won't agree to fighting each other, it's crazy that Ward gets thinly-veiled criticism because he made a good fight lol.

From who?

You mean him getting a pass for not signing a contract for a fight 14-months away? I have never even heard of somebody doing that. That is like 4-fights down the road.

From who?

Post above mine. To say Ward is only fighting Kovalev because of a lack of options is absurd.

I think he meant for making unrealistic offers.

I think he meant for making unrealistic offers.

But he didn't get a pass for his 75-25 offer to Jacobs, it was almost universally shit on by the members here. There were maybe two people who defended it, which is probably how many people will defend Oscar here.

Post above mine. To say Ward is only fighting Kovalev because of a lack of options is absurd.

Oh I see what you mean. I hope that's not what he meant to say. Nobody would have blamed Ward for staying at 168 forever.

It's remarkable the hate GGG elicits from American based fighters and their fans (and team).

It really is.

When he's the "b-side" no one thinks he deserves the amount the belt dictates that he should get.

When he's the "a-side" somehow the "b-side" money the belt dictates in an insult and a duck and a joke.

At the end of the day two guys are dropping legit belts. Both because they don't like the belt mandated split.

But somehow it's GGG who doesn't want to fight?

Sure.

I must have missed the part where GGG made all the WBA and WBC rules and regulations himself.

But he didn't get a pass for his 75-25 offer to Jacobs, it was almost universally shit on by the members here. There were maybe two people who defended it, which is probably how many people will defend Oscar here.

I imagine it will play rather differently other places than here, though.

Back