Media Islam Makhachev plans to break Charles Oliveira at UFC 294, eyes welterweight title - ESPN MMA

It's called having a loyal and supportive fan base. Usually you get that by putting on exciting fights and being a great fighter! Perhaps if Islam had some fans he would have the same support. But he doesn't cause many people don't like him.

Islam does have fans. They’re just not outspoken spewing nonsense. Most of the Olivera fans are from the Conor tribe. They jump from fighter to fighter to root, hoping someone will eventually beat Islam. First was Charles, then Volk, now back to Charles.

Islam’s the man; but… why does he want his 2/3 fights after winning the title to be against non-LWs?

And remember, Volk hadn’t had a fight at LW in 5 years; and had the champ in all kinds of trouble at the end of the 5th.

Guy’s super talented and has the chops to go on a nice GOATLW streak if he wanted to.
Cuz Henry Cejudo is being celebrated as one of the best combat sport athletes ever for winning a second belt after 1 title defense, so why wouldn't Islam want it

Oliveira is who he beat to win the title. He has yet to defend against a lightweight and is calling for a welterweight title fight. Its ridiculous. Silva, GSP and Jones all established themselves as GOATs before people started discussing cross division title fights.

It's the UFC's fault. Islam is making the situation worse.

Who said I wasn't? You can check my post history, I have multiple posts criticizing welterweight. Islam is suggesting clogging up his own division and making welterweight even worse. Belal about to be screwed over for a third straight time.
Why would Islam give a flying fu*k about what GSP or Jones did? Henry Cejudo did it after one title defense and he's celebrated for it till eternity, why wouldn't Islam do it? are you guys that stupid? do you make stupid rules in your head and expect people to follow them?

Cuz Henry Cejudo is being celebrated as one of the best combat sport athletes ever for winning a second belt after 1 title defense, so why wouldn't Islam want it

That’s a fair point; but in addition to a few other differences, he moved up and stayed.
Do we really expect Islam to stay at WW?

Either way, fair point!

Back