Media Islam Makhachev plans to break Charles Oliveira at UFC 294, eyes welterweight title - ESPN MMA

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

YouTube chapters below

Copy and pasted lol

<{outtahere}>

0:00 Taking on Oliveira a second time
8:58 Wants to fight for welterweight belt
11:00 Thoughts on Volkanovski fight
13:47 IV accusations
15:52 Khabib’s thoughts on rematch
19:11 Covington wants to fight him
20:58 Most enjoyable fight of career?
22:37 Will this fight week be different?
24:00 Not a fan of golf

I think it's Islam's time to lose, I saw weaknesses vs volk....hopefully Charles wins it because this narrative that he is weak mentally and breaks easily is exagerrated imo

Yes in his early career perhaps but lately not really.

What chance of winning do you give Islam against the current T10 WW's. Here's mine:

C. Edwards - 40%
1. Usman - 15%
2. Colby - 20%
3. Belal - 20%
4. Khamzat - 5%
5. Burns - 45%
6. Shavkat - 35%
7. Wonderboy - 55%
8. G. Neal - 55%
9. Brady - 60%
10. Luque - 50%

I've got Islam favored in only 3 T10 WW matchups and basically a pick 'em vs Luque.

He needs to practice his staredown in a dehydrated state. That's the only way to truly break a man.

Islam’s the man; but… why does he want his 2/3 fights after winning the title to be against non-LWs?

And remember, Volk hadn’t had a fight at LW in 5 years; and had the champ in all kinds of trouble at the end of the 5th.

Guy’s super talented and has the chops to go on a nice GOATLW streak if he wanted to.

Fucking champchamp era. A stupid cheat code to becoming a big name. I'm frustrated that so many fans gleefully fall for it.

Islam Makhachev ... eyes welterweight title

I hope he dominates Charles, knocks him out and breaks this Olivera bandwagon for the last time. I got tired of hearing the nonsense before the first fight, the excuses after it, and the rah rah pep rally before this fight.

No, constant rematches at WW has put THAT division on slow-motion. LW has had a pretty good rotation of contenders. It was stuck on slow-motion when it was Edgar/Maynard/Bendo for like 2 years

Well he's about to fight a rematch after fighting a featherweight. Still hasnt defended the title against a lightweight yet. And now he's trying to clog up both lightweight and welterweight. The UFC has jumped the shark on these cross division title fights.

Charles is my favourite guy at LW, but this matchup is just bad for him no matter how you look at it. Win or lose, still my boy.

YouTube chapters below

Copy and pasted lol

<{outtahere}>

0:00 Taking on Oliveira a second time
8:58 Wants to fight for welterweight belt
11:00 Thoughts on Volkanovski fight
13:47 IV accusations
15:52 Khabib’s thoughts on rematch
19:11 Covington wants to fight him
20:58 Most enjoyable fight of career?
22:37 Will this fight week be different?
24:00 Not a fan of golf

nice

Fucking champchamp era. A stupid cheat code to becoming a big name. I'm frustrated that so many fans gleefully fall for it.

Islam Makhachev ... eyes welterweight title

If the champ in the other wants to fight you and give you a TS, why not do it?
Both Leon and Colby want to fight him and Volk wants to fight him too.

Well he's about to fight a rematch after fighting a featherweight. Still hasnt defended the title against a lightweight yet. And now he's trying to clog up both lightweight and welterweight. The UFC has jumped the shark on these cross division title fights.
So Oliveira isn't a lightweight? Even though he was the lightweight champ?

Uh yeah right okay. The first rematch of Islam's career is too much and it's Islam's fault the UFC made Charles the next contender. Right.

Where's your outrage at the WW situation? Oh, you're not outraged about it? How interesting.

So Oliveira isn't a lightweight? Even though he was the lightweight champ?

Oliveira is who he beat to win the title. He has yet to defend against a lightweight and is calling for a welterweight title fight. Its ridiculous. Silva, GSP and Jones all established themselves as GOATs before people started discussing cross division title fights.

Uh yeah right okay. The first rematch of Islam's career is too much and it's Islam's fault the UFC made Charles the next contender. Right.

It's the UFC's fault. Islam is making the situation worse.

Where's your outrage at the WW situation? Oh, you're not outraged about it? How interesting.

Who said I wasn't? You can check my post history, I have multiple posts criticizing welterweight. Islam is suggesting clogging up his own division and making welterweight even worse. Belal about to be screwed over for a third straight time.

Back