Is the UFC 145lb Division Doomed?

Hell no to signing Budd. All she does since she got KO'd by Amanda Nunes is go for a takedown and lay on top of the other person every round. I don't want to see that.
Well since that 2011 fight, her second pro fight.. She has only lost once, to Rhonda that same year in her fourth pro fight, won everything since. Has 3 wins by TKO, 1 sub win, and 6 Dec wins, since then. But the Dec win vs De'Randemie in only her third pro fight was dominant, the Dec wins vs Tweet and Holloway were also clear victories. Then the two Dec wins vs Blencowe were good mma fights.

Maybe you don't want to see it, but actual fans of Combat Sports don't mind and to build a division, she and others of similar resume are needed.

Budd already got beat by Rousey in about a minute way back when. Talita has missed weight a few times, should be fighting at least a division down, and missed a couple of years with injuries. Her last weight miss was the event that made Coenen finally retire.

Ibragimova hasnt fought since Jan 2016 when she fought Cyborg.

They wont do a TUF because both Cyborg and Anderson have said they wouldnt be able to make weight on the regs for that show, subsequently anyone that could would probably drop to 135 or 125 as soon as the show ended.

145 is a dead end and pretty much has been for a decade.
Budd was in her fourth fight. Talita hasn't lost regardless.. nor does her missing weight ONE TIME in her career mean she should fight in a lower weight class when she's winning at the bigger weight class, with every win being a finish. I never mention Daria in the part you replied to, but reality is, she is a known sparring partner for a few top women still and for the weight class, she can be added. If I mention TUF in any reply, it def wouldn't have Cyborg or Anderson coaching it.. 145 is only dead to casuals, as this sport is too new for anything to be dead.

It's too heavy of a class.
How many women out there are big and strong enough to cut down to 145 ?
Extremely few. Now ask how many of those who are big enough actually fight.
"Crickets"

WMMA is a tremendous waste of time and money. Close it up and put those resources towards building the men's divisions.

you are the pussy who wants to bet on it.
But only if it is my money? LOL
Shows you got no balls, kid.

Pussy, now you're trying to obscure your original comment to talk your way out of this, haha.

Let's clear it up. A or B?

A. you want to bet $100 that Cyborg leaves the UFC to sign up with Bellator by the end of 2018.

B. you want to bet $100 that Cyborg does not leave the UFC to sign up with Bellator by the end of 2018.

you are the pussy who wants to bet on it.
But only if it is my money? LOL
Shows you got no balls, kid.

Nov 17, 2017 @ 05:25 PM

On Friday, the 32-year-old Brazilian's website posted images of her signing the new deal that is said to make her the highest-paid female in the promotion and one of the highest-compensated fighters in the UFC overall.

Cyborg was near the end of her current contract, but this new deal will keep her with the UFC for the next 15 months or longer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...o-mammoth-new-contract-with-ufc/#44b8a3cb2332

Give up kid, you lost.

Pussy, now you're trying to obscure your original comment to talk your way out of this, haha.

Let's clear it up. A or B?

A. you want to bet $100 that Cyborg leaves the UFC to sign up with Bellator by the end of 2018.

B. you want to bet $100 that Cyborg does not leave the UFC to sign up with Bellator by the end of 2018.

Kid,
You are too stupid to continue this talk.
You want to bet 100 buck that Cyborg is lying.

But you are running away from putting your own money on the line.

Show me the money, bitch, or you are a proven liar on top of being a pussy.

Nov 17, 2017 @ 05:25 PM

On Friday, the 32-year-old Brazilian's website posted images of her signing the new deal that is said to make her the highest-paid female in the promotion and one of the highest-compensated fighters in the UFC overall.

Cyborg was near the end of her current contract, but this new deal will keep her with the UFC for the next 15 months or longer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...o-mammoth-new-contract-with-ufc/#44b8a3cb2332

Give up kid, you lost.
aww so cute. The BF came to the rescue...

But the contract is about how many fights she has, and she has two more left on this contract.
That means after her second fight, she will be free to find another home or sign a new contract with them.

Last edited:
Kid,
You are too stupid to continue this talk.
You want to bet 100 buck that Cyborg is lying.

But you are running away from putting your own money on the line.

Show me the money, bitch, or you are a proven liar on top of being a pussy.

BAHAHAHAHHAHA I knew it, you even backed out of that one. Damn, $100 must be so much for you.

I want to bet you $100 that Cyborg won't leave the UFC by 2018 to join Bellator. You in, coward?

Not many things in this world I deem pointless.

Except for two imbeciles arguing back and forth on a forum repeating their opinions. Neither one will listen to the other so they go in circles trying to get the last word.

I thought we were the superior species.

Anyway, Cyborg should probably just go to bellator when her contract expires. It may be less money for her but it'd be a huge rating spike for Bellator. Cyborg could probably juice more. I don't know how good the drug testing is in bellator compared to USADA in UFC.

BAHAHAHAHHAHA I knew it, you even backed out of that one. Damn, $100 must be so much for you.

I want to bet you $100 that Cyborg won't leave the UFC by 2018 to join Bellator. You in, coward?

Kid, why are you talking about me? You still did not commit to putting your money on the line.
you are the one who wants a bet. Put up or shut up like the little bitch you are.
Don't be a pussy.

Cyborg fighting in the UFC is still a bigger attraction in both men and women. She's certainly the biggest attraction among female fights.

The numbers for UFC 222 is 260,000 PPV buys, which is very respectable considering the short notice main card of her fighting another can. Like her or not, many people tuned in to possibly witness a homicide on cable, and this is exciting.

This beats quite a few 2017 UFC's (ie. Holloway-Aldo-II 230k, Holm-GDR 200k, Ferguson-Lee 200k, Aldo-Holloway-I 200k, Romero-Whitaker 130k, Nunes-Schev-II 100k, Bellator Sonnen-Silva 95k).

Fighting a bit more familiar name might draw more decent numbers, 260k is ok i guess, she fought a complete unknown.

Kid, why are you talking about me? You still did not commit to putting your money on the line.
you are the one who wants a bet. Put up or shut up like the little bitch you are.
Don't be a pussy.

Ok, I'll play. I'll bet you $100 that Cyborg won't leave the UFC by the end of 2018 to sign with Bellator. Will you take this bet (going against it), coward?

Ok, I'll play. I'll bet you $100 that Cyborg won't leave the UFC by the end of 2018 to sign with Bellator. Will you take this bet (going against it), coward?
show me.
<DontBelieve1>
I want to see a slip.

I read an article in yesterday's paper saying grunting adds 10% power to strikes. Once Holly masters the art of +10% grunt power, she'll wreck everyone easily.

Back