Is the High Fat, High Protein, No Carbs or Sugar diet safe?

I'm on it now and lost 30 pounds in the last 2 months. I know people who have done it for years and years and are in great health. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol. It's hard as hell to stick to, but worth it.

My blood pressure was 185/120.

I went keto and dropped it to 120/80 in a month.

The doctors were convinced they'd simply had the wrong readings the first time and I showed them the log I'd kept of my blood pressure taken every day (had my own machine).

They asked me how the hell I did it, and I told them keto and a hell of a lot of walking, and they told me that wasn't possible.

I shrugged and kept doing it, and felt great.

To be fair, I was walking about ten miles a day, and that's crazy good exercise.

The doctors were convinced they'd simply had the wrong readings the first time and I showed them the log I'd kept of my blood pressure taken every day (had my own machine).

They asked me how the hell I did it, and I told them keto and a hell of a lot of walking, and they told me that wasn't possible.

To be fair, I was walking about ten miles a day, and that's crazy good exercise.

Right on. I know some people do the diet and don't exercise at all. I guess if that works for them. I walk a lot at work so I think that might be helping me, like it might've helped you walking as much as you did.

Doesnt it mess with your hormones, I remember people who would go on those crash diets losing weight, but the moment they touch some carbs and eat they gain the weight back even worse and start bloating.

People who are obese have a lot of problems. Statistically, the percentage of obese people who lose fifteen percent or more of their body weight and keep it off for more than two years is zero.

One is the fact when you lose a lot of weight, you aren't necessarily losing fat. You're shrinking the fat cells. Really hard to shrink them, really easy to fill them up.

I dropped eighty pounds on keto, and I spent a weekend in Boston with friends and decided to eat what they ate for three days. I gained fifteen pounds. It was incredibly discouraging. It took me another couple of months to lose that weight.

I think Joe Rogan is on that type of diet as well as some crossfitters.

It doesn't sound healthy to me. I talked with a coworker of mine he lost a lot of weight and does cross fit, he said he doesn't eat lots of carbs he cut out bread, potatoes and rice, and no fruits. He said he limits his carbs to a really low amount if possible and tries to eliminate Sugar.

He only eats steaks, meats, fish, chicken, and veggies and nuts, he eats avocado since it has a lot of oil

I remember him eating Bacon with eggs and avocado, and cheese.

I also saw that he would eat Salmon with salad and have olive oil on top

I dont know if this is healthy his skin is really oily, he sweats a lot and his B.O smells really bad like some Taco meat from far.

The one thing he told me though is when he first started doing it he was feeling light headed from adjusting to zero carbs or low carbs and low sugar.

He also said he has difficulty passing stools, and has to take a fiber supplement to bulk up his stools. But he claims this diet which is low sugar and low carbs is worth it since its proven to fight disease and sickness and prevent them from growing.

I personally can't do this diet, seems a bit extreme and dangerous eating that much fat

Don't listen to these naysaying morons.

It's completely practical and way healthier than the average carb loaded diet.

Pm me if you want some tips and things I've learned over these past months.

I weighed 255 at the beginning of this year.

I am now down to 175.

I have never felt stronger and healthier.

Carbs are horrible for you in large amounts, and will always put weight on you unless you have been skinny as a rail your entire life and never gain weight.

No matter who you are, exercise can only account for 10% of your weight loss.

It's 90% diet.

It's a sustainable diet long term, lifelong. Doesn't mean you can never have delicious cereal, honeybuns and cookies ever again - you just have to work hard and save those as treats for special occasions and always make sure of the calories they have and don't overdo it.

Last edited:

It's 90% diet.

Eat clean and exercise.

The core is your diet, the modifier is how much exercise you get.

I'm not sure about the 10%, because when I was getting serious exercise (badminton 15 hours a week) I had no problem shedding weight when eating clean, and it's a lot slower at a reduced activity level.

Eat clean and exercise.

The core is your diet, the modifier is how much exercise you get.

I'm not sure about the 10%, because when I was getting serious exercise (badminton 15 hours a week) I had no problem shedding weight when eating clean, and it's a lot slower at a reduced activity level.

You burn 500 calories cycling hard as hell for 2 hours, or jogging hard for 30 to 45 min.

500 calories is a honeybun. Or a few eggs and some bacon.

Exercise is really nothing more than a cherry on top. It's too easy to undo it.

The major chunk of weight loss is caloric intake.

I wouldn't say no sugar/carbs but stick to fruits and veg. more sugary fruit/veg earlier in the day and less sugary veg/cruciferous/leafy toward the evening. well you can veg all day but no sugary fruit like 4-5 hours before bed. also balanced meals protein and a fruit or veg/salad etc. eat grain carbs once in a while if you crave it and it makes you happy. I basically eat paleo plus dairy and look/feel like a million bucks. pickled stuff is great for you btw. soups, stir frys and salads are great for this style. also love to roast shit broccoli, squash etc.

Anyone calling a ketogenic diet "bro science" is a dumb fucking asshole who doesn't know what they're talking about (see above). Don't listen to them TS. That said there are a number of different diets out there that work. Find one that meets your needs and lifestyle, research and try one out. There aren't any magic diets and they all require discipline to work.

I lost alot of weight just eating meat and veg. no carbs or sugar. That shit makes me feel like garbage, slow and lethargic.

Crossfit is a cult.
Crossfitters are freaks.
Whatever he does, do the opposite.
the end.
f282815aeda24d426e0778c95e51e687.jpg

*assaulted with crossfit blowback

The issue is with programming , some "Boxes" are aboslulety fucking mental when they prescribe their workout outs. Also idiots go in there not realizing their fucking limits. Also I don't prescribe to any of the fad Diets, I eat Carbs but I know when to eat them so they are actually used for Fuel .

Anyone calling a ketogenic diet "bro science" is a dumb fucking asshole who doesn't know what they're talking about (see above). Don't listen to them TS. That said there are a number of different diets out there that work. Find one that meets your needs and lifestyle, research and try one out. There aren't any magic diets and they all require discipline to work.

It's broscience, stop it. Might as well call amputation a good way to lose weight lol. Wanna lose 30lbs in a few minutes? Go see your nearest butcher.

just do what i did and never become a fat ass, and always stay in great shape. that way you dont need to worry about getting in shape, you will already be in great shape!

Everyone loses/gains weight differently.
Test your testosterone to estrogen ratio in your body first before starting a new diet you heard about.

Rogan's diet log works very well for me. I only notice weight gain when I eat carbs. Carbs are loaded with starch, and nearly impossible to avoid.
Rice has sneaky calories.

Where did you go walking? Trails? Around town? Treadmill?

Curious - did you do it all at once (the walking) or break it up throughout the day?

If you did it all at once, how long did that take you?

Congrats, btw.

And how long does it take before someone dies without carbs? I know several people who have done a low carb/keto diet for several years and they're in great shape, inside and outside.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/
The metabolic patterns of the brain, muscle, adipose tissue, kidney, and liver are strikingly different. Let us consider how these organs differ in their use of fuels to meet their energy needs:

Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the human brain, except during prolonged starvation. The brain lacks fuel stores and hence requires a continuous supply of glucose. It consumes about 120 g daily, which corresponds to an energy input of about 420 kcal (1760 kJ), accounting for some 60% of the utilization of glucose by the whole body in the resting state. Much of the energy, estimates suggest from 60% to 70%, is used to power transport mechanisms that maintain the Na+-K+ membrane potential required for the transmission of the nerve impulses. The brain must also synthesize neurotransmitters and their receptors to propagate nerve impulses. Overall, glucose metabolism remains unchanged during mental activity, although local increases are detected when a subject performs certain tasks.
To answer your question, National Acrobat and iWinYouLose will both go into prolonged starvation, we shall know how long it takes for a person to die from lack of carbs

Don't listen to these naysaying morons.

It's completely practical and way healthier than the average carb loaded diet.

Pm me if you want some tips and things I've learned over these past months.

I weighed 255 at the beginning of this year.

I am now down to 175.

I have never felt stronger and healthier.

Carbs are horrible for you in large amounts, and will always put weight on you unless you have been skinny as a rail your entire life and never gain weight.

It's 90% diet.

It's a sustainable diet long term, lifelong. Doesn't mean you can never have delicious cereal, honeybuns and cookies ever again - you just have to work hard and save those as treats for special occasions and always make sure of the calories they have and don't overdo it.

Its expensive life style right?

Back