Is the High Fat, High Protein, No Carbs or Sugar diet safe?

@TidWell
I dont know if this is healthy his skin is really oily, he sweats a lot and his B.O smells really bad like some Taco meat from far.

If you have high testosterone oil excretes from your skin rapidly, especially if you have caffeine. Humidity makes it even worse.
Btw, how do you know what he smells like and how much he perspires?

It's not practical imo and if you aren't strict on it you'll just end up way worse off than when you started
it's as practical as the low oxygen diet. I tried it once, held my breath for one full minute. Eventually I had to revert to my previous, oxygen-laden diet, because I was destroying my body. But it worked for that full minute, I suggest everyone to try it out

Did I just read that you will die if you don't eat carbs? Fucking lol. Sherdog, man.

Reducing carb intake simply makes it easier to restrict calories while keeping a decent amount of food on your plate.

People hear "high fat" and they picture deepfried butter. Really it just means to not be afraid to consume fat in your diet. Cook your veggies in a little bacon fat or real butter. Have a small dollop of regular sour cream on your lettuce taco. Make your own salad dressing with olive oil. Have a dip or cream in your coffee.

All of this will make your healthy recipes taste better which is a big part of sticking to your diet, and knocking out sugars and startches gives you room in your caloric limit.

Plus a little fat is good for your joints and hormone production.

During a normal day, I'd way rather have a spoon of sour cream over my chicken thigh lettuce tacos for supper follow by a cup of coffee with real cream, rather than two slices of bread for a sandwich.

There's only three things you need to do to lose weight.

Eat less.
Eat better.
Move your ass more.

That's it.

It's broscience, stop it. Might as well call amputation a good way to lose weight lol. Wanna lose 30lbs in a few minutes? Go see your nearest butcher.

Be on the looks out for a Documentary Chris Bell is working on It. Should Be interesting stuff.

Did I just read that you will die if you don't eat carbs? Fucking lol. Sherdog, man.

Yes, it's called a brain, it uses glucose. I'll be here to answer any further questions.

You don't need oxygen either, right? I mean, we can hold our breath for some time..

Surprised at all all the hate on this diet. I've done it multiple times and it works awesome. Fat melts off, I have more energy, never feel hungry and don't get that stuffed feeling after a meal.
It's hard to maintain forever but you really don't have to.

I discovered I was extremely potassium deficient from strenuous, multi-hour cycling rides. I was replacing sodium but not potassium and other critically important minerals and electrolytes. The result was fatigue, irregular heart rhythms, depression, etc.
Eating more potassium rich foods and supps with it cured the problem.
just sayin

Yes, it's called a brain, it uses glucose. I'll be here to answer any further questions.

Relevance to the topic at hand?

We are talking about eating a healthy diet that includes fruits and vegetables. Maybe the fruits and vegetables available in your part of the world differ from mine, but I don't have a problem getting enough glucose in my diet.

Relevance to the topic at hand?

We aretalking about eating a healthy diet that includes fruits and vegetables. Maybe the fruits and vegetables available in your part of the world differ from mine, but I don't have a problem getting enough glucose in my diet.

I think it's pretty relevant when you claim that you cannot die from eliminating carbs from your diet

I think Joe Rogan is on that type of diet as well as some crossfitters.

It doesn't sound healthy to me. I talked with a coworker of mine he lost a lot of weight and does cross fit, he said he doesn't eat lots of carbs he cut out bread, potatoes and rice, and no fruits. He said he limits his carbs to a really low amount if possible and tries to eliminate Sugar.

He only eats steaks, meats, fish, chicken, and veggies and nuts, he eats avocado since it has a lot of oil

I remember him eating Bacon with eggs and avocado, and cheese.

I also saw that he would eat Salmon with salad and have olive oil on top

I dont know if this is healthy his skin is really oily, he sweats a lot and his B.O smells really bad like some Taco meat from far.

The one thing he told me though is when he first started doing it he was feeling light headed from adjusting to zero carbs or low carbs and low sugar.

He also said he has difficulty passing stools, and has to take a fiber supplement to bulk up his stools. But he claims this diet which is low sugar and low carbs is worth it since its proven to fight disease and sickness and prevent them from growing.

I personally can't do this diet, seems a bit extreme and dangerous eating that much fat

safe or not, I don't think it is healthy. Eat simple carbs/fruits around training, protein and low GI carbs frequently at other times

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/

To answer your question, National Acrobat and iWinYouLose will both go into prolonged starvation, we shall know how long it takes for a person to die from lack of carbs

With low enough carb intake and blood sugar levels, your body will move into ketosis and produce ketones by synthesizing fat in the liver as an alternative fuel source (hence the name ketogenic diet). Also, excess protein can be converted into glucose through gluconeogenesis.

Again TS stay away from the dumb fucks.

I think it's pretty relevant when you claim that you cannot die from eliminating carbs from your diet

I don't think it's possible to eliminate carbs from your diet.

Certainly not practical.

I don't think you know as much as you think you do about this subject. Comparing bread and other carb rich foods to oxygen is...stupid.

With low enough carb intake and blood sugar levels, your body will move into ketosis and produce ketones by synthesizing fat in the liver as an alternative fuel source (hence the name ketogenic diet). Also, excess protein can be converted into glucose through gluconeogenesis.

Again TS stay away from the dumb fucks.
Don't listen to him TS, National Acrobat is consciously or unconsciously omitting the fact that gluconeogenesis is not an efficient process to convert protein to glucose, at close to 57% efficiency rate. And on we go.

@TidWell

If you have high testosterone oil excretes from your skin rapidly, especially if you have caffeine. Humidity makes it even worse.
Btw, how do you know what he smells like and how much he perspires?

Im looking into this diet, because Im skinny fat, Im not fat but I have a bloated face and a bit of a gut. But Im curious about the oily skin, Im naturally oily and in my 30s and prone to adult acne, If I go on this diet Im scared ill break out with massive cystic acne on my back and face.

But Im tired of looking at my chubby face, I want to have that chiseled looked I had a few years ago.

Im also horrible at keeping a diet, I was wondering if I can still lose the fat without going to the extreme of cutting out Fruits and carbs completely, I need my fruits, I love mango and papaya an banana and apple.

I also love rice.

Don't listen to him TS, National Acrobat is consciously or unconsciously omitting the fact that gluconeogenesis is not an efficient process to convert protein to glucose, at close to 57% efficiency rate. And on we go.

haha doesn't even address ketones or the fact that you can produce glucose without carbs completely undermines the laughable claim that you'll die without carbs

dumb

No carb diet is an OK SHORT TERM plan for those people who need to lose a lot of weight. I don't think it's a viable long term plan.

I had a buddy who went no carb and dropped probably 35-40 pounds fairly quickly. Once he hit that point he reintroduced normal food. He should have just had to maintain his weight at that point. However he started eating like crap again and gained the weight back.

So ya, basially it's good to cut a lot of weight quickly but then you better be disciplined enough to stick to a normal eating plan.
This is a pretty good analysis. If you are strict with that diet, you will lose weight, but just because you are losing weight doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy. I'd say this is one fairly effective way to drop weight, but once you get to the point where you're maintaining weight, I think a more balanced diet is healthier overall

Im looking into this diet, because Im skinny fat, Im not fat but I have a bloated face and a bit of a gut. But Im curious about the oily skin, Im naturally oily and in my 30s and prone to adult acne, If I go on this diet Im scared ill break out with massive cystic acne on my back and face.

But Im tired of looking at my chubby face, I want to have that chiseled looked I had a few years ago.

Im also horrible at keeping a diet, I was wondering if I can still lose the fat without going to the extreme of cutting out Fruits and carbs completely, I need my fruits, I love mango and papaya an banana and apple.

I also love rice.
The whole no fruit thing was always a turn off to me, and is one of the things that made me think it's not that healthy of a diet when you aren't trying to lose weight.

One other option that's probably easiest is intermittent fasting... you don't necessarily have to change what you eat much

I also love rice.

Count your calories and start doing the compound lifts 3 times a week. Skinny fat people often benefit a great deal more from working on building their bodies up a little, rather than trying to diet the "skinny fat" away.

IMO anyways. You know your body better than me.

Some people have naturally chubbier faces, so be careful not to get too wound up with leaning out your face. One of the girls in my Junior High classes starved herself almost to death trying to get her face to be more thin.

Without carbohydrates you will die, stick to what we know and stay away from broscience. The people with the highest longevity thrive on carbs. Japanese and cultures around the Mediterranean sea have rice and bread as staple foods. Ancient greeks went by with bread, wine and olives and look how they are depicted in art work

dfdfdf-1-620x350.png

flickr-5890303031-hd.jpg

Unless you're going for the following look, stay away from these new fad diets
dd69f1590f66077ab211367f7dc4b20b.jpg

Problem is overeating, not carbs. Another thing to consider is level of activity. Our ancestors didn't spend their days sitting down lurking on Sherdog, I bet.

Its actually not "Bro science". It was created to help treat "difficult-to-control epilepsy in kids.
An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood, a state known as ketosis, leads to a reduction in epileptic seizures.

People found out that it also caused quick weght reduction and went stupid with it.

Back