Is the High Fat, High Protein, No Carbs or Sugar diet safe?

haha doesn't even address ketones or the fact that you can produce glucose without carbs completely undermines the laughable claim that you'll die without carbs

dumb

What about ketones? The fact remains our brains absolutely require glucose and cannot run entirely on ketones.

The problem with gluconeogenesis is that it's an expensive process. Protein and glucose are similar calorie wise, but synthesizing x amount of glucose will require twice as much protein or muscle tissue via this process. That's quite inefficient when you think about it. Who here is willing to pay twice as much for something they can have for less? If you want to live longer, you have to think in terms of efficiency. But if your main concern is to get ripped, I guess longevity is not an issue. Who needs a head when you have aaaaaaaabs

Doesn't high protein high fat low carb simply dehydrate the body? Much of the original weightloss is basic weight cutting, not weight loss

i used the keto diet to make weight for my last fight and it worked wonders. I had way more focus and energy and wasn't hungry all the time

I eat a modified diet similar to this with intermittent fasting plus I eat fruit, I just stay away from proccesed carbs, sugars and anything that comes out of a packet, but If I feel like eating icecream and pudding every now and again im eating it.

At the moment in 12kg lighter at resting weight than I usualy am and when Im training I drop another 5 kg fairly quikly

Where did you go walking? Trails? Around town? Treadmill?

Curious - did you do it all at once (the walking) or break it up throughout the day?

If you did it all at once, how long did that take you?

Congrats, btw.

Walked home from work.

On weekends I'd walk around town checking out garage sales.

I basically walked everywhere, whenever I could.

I think it's pretty relevant when you claim that you cannot die from eliminating carbs from your diet

I don't think any diet suggests you reduce your intake of carbohydrates to zero. Twenty grams a day is the lowest you're meant to go, and that's only in the early stage.

Just out of curiosity, have you actually read about any of these diets? I mean the diet itself. I find that most naysayers have not.

Relevance to the topic at hand?

We are talking about eating a healthy diet that includes fruits and vegetables. Maybe the fruits and vegetables available in your part of the world differ from mine, but I don't have a problem getting enough glucose in my diet.

Vegetables have carbs.

Fruit has a metric fuckton of carbs.

Rogan is likely on the Evan Fields diet and I don't think you'll see the results he's experienced from diet alone.

Limiting carbs to lose weight is a great choice. Someone who trains to perform in sports might want to consume more energy though.

Works well enough, but a real bitch to maintain for any decent time.

you are quite fucked going out and eating, no choices.

You burn 500 calories cycling hard as hell for 2 hours, or jogging hard for 30 to 45 min.

500 calories is a honeybun. Or a few eggs and some bacon.

Exercise is really nothing more than a cherry on top. It's too easy to undo it.

The major chunk of weight loss is caloric intake.
What you're not taking into account is the increase in metabolism that accompanies exercise.

Your body gets accustomed to the increase in activity and keeps your system in constant high alert.

Also, the increase in musculature means you burn more calories than you would without them. I burn more calories @210lbs than say someone with less gains who also weighs 210lbs.

I say, if you feel good and look better you feel eating that way, go for it. For me It would be hard to eat that way long term. More power to a person that is able to follow a keto/ very low carb diet though.

With health, overall it's hard to be healthy with todays medical system. There is always something physicians are looking to find as a "disease". Once a disease condition has been identified, it's a revolving door of monitoring and further testing.

Along these lines, I enjoyed this article by Dr. Emanual. He's one of the creators of Obamacare. As he points out, it is best to pass on the annual physical. Many of the tests done, cholesterol testing, blood pressure, etc have not been found to improve or extend a persons life. They do cause a good amount of worry and stress for Americans though.

Skip Your Annual Physical

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/opinion/skip-your-annual-physical.html

What you're not taking into account is the increase in metabolism that accompanies exercise.

Your body gets accustomed to the increase in activity and keeps your system in constant high alert.

Also, the increase in musculature means you burn more calories than you would without them. I burn more calories @210lbs than say someone with less gains who also weighs 210lbs.

That increase accounts for tens of calories.

It's nothing.

Diet is most important.

That increase accounts for tens of calories.

It's nothing.

Diet is most important.

Nothing? Metabolic rate of muscle tissue (1lb) is between 6-10 calories at rest. If your lean mass is for example 140lbs, we're talking about 780-1400 calories.

Can you increase your lean mass on a low-carb/high-fat/high-protein diet? I'm hesitant to say yes, but then again it depends how far you're willing to go. You will be essentially destroying muscle tissue to create glucose at very inefficient rates.

I think Joe Rogan is on that type of diet as well as some crossfitters.

It doesn't sound healthy to me. I talked with a coworker of mine he lost a lot of weight and does cross fit, he said he doesn't eat lots of carbs he cut out bread, potatoes and rice, and no fruits. He said he limits his carbs to a really low amount if possible and tries to eliminate Sugar.

He only eats steaks, meats, fish, chicken, and veggies and nuts, he eats avocado since it has a lot of oil

I remember him eating Bacon with eggs and avocado, and cheese.

I also saw that he would eat Salmon with salad and have olive oil on top

I dont know if this is healthy his skin is really oily, he sweats a lot and his B.O smells really bad like some Taco meat from far.

The one thing he told me though is when he first started doing it he was feeling light headed from adjusting to zero carbs or low carbs and low sugar.

He also said he has difficulty passing stools, and has to take a fiber supplement to bulk up his stools. But he claims this diet which is low sugar and low carbs is worth it since its proven to fight disease and sickness and prevent them from growing.

I personally can't do this diet, seems a bit extreme and dangerous eating that much fat
it doesnt "sound" healthy to you. what exactly do you think is bad about it?
diabetics are on a diet like that, for an obvious reason.
this has shown to reduce the frequency of ceasures in epileptics.
some ethnicities live on this diet simply due to lack of carb-high foods, and they are doing fine.
maybe if you said why you think it is not healthy, we could talk? giving an example of a co-worker is really no proof or indication of anything.

Nothing? Metabolic rate of muscle tissue (1lb) is between 6-10 calories at rest. If your lean mass is for example 140lbs, we're talking about 780-1400 calories.

Can you increase your lean mass on a low-carb/high-fat/high-protein diet? I'm hesitant to say yes, but then again it depends how far you're willing to go. You will be essentially destroying muscle tissue to create glucose at very inefficient rates.

Nothing.

And that's not true. It would take a fast of about a week for your body to start breaking down muscle. Your statement goes against what the keto diet is. So you think a keto diet just destroys muscle all day? No. The only thing to consider when building msucle or not is caloric defecit or surplus.

If you have already gotten down to the weight you want, and are able to be in a surplus, then a keto diet is the best thing for you to build muscle.

This isn't directed at you TS as I didnt read your post but I am so sick of people constantly looking for the next EZ DIET to get buff/ripped on. Its so fucking simple. Eat smart and exercise more. All this counting macro/keto/ garbage will not make even 1% more of a difference.

People want to sprint before they can even stand up. Copying pro bodybuilders with 20 years of lifting experience and gear use and think it will transform them.
Actually the Keto diet really works. I was a fat ass, but now I have a six pack. I'm ripped as hell. I tried all sorts of diets before. The fact that I can eat the same 2500 calories per day and burn fat is fucking awesome. It also fills you up quicker if you just eat chicken, beef, and fish. A slice of bread is like 150 calories for fucks sakes.

Last edited:
You lose weight on keto because you eat a ton less. I can't cut easy on keto because I stop eating pasta, rice, potatoes.

But I noticed I just ate less In general.

What annoyed me is my mouth was extremely dry all the time.

Back