Is Taylor Swift the most overrated artist of this century?

Lady Gaga is cringe AF and she's trying way too hard to be some kind of a pop version of Marylin Manson or something... <{clintugh}>
Moronic LG had the nerve to say in an interview that she was inspired by Led Zeppelin .....funny coz she not only doesn't even come close to the gods' influence, but she's downright moronically a heretic :):):)

Last edited:
Gaga is insanely talented and has some amazing music in her catalog

Depends who you compare her to, if comparing her to the Beatles or MJ or artists of that nature then yes she is Very overrated. Her singing is mediocre at best, her dancing is mediocre at best and the instruments she plays, they are to a basic level. Her songs are mediocre to me, just generic music. But in todays times this is seen as something amazing because it’s mostly filled by rap stars who can’t sing or play an instrument.

Her success is mainly due to her getting little kids to buy into her brand, they got the term ‘swifties’ just like they did with one direction ‘directioners’ and Justin beiber ‘believers’ they targeted the kid audiences as there’s a gap in that market.

Crazy to think as well that she will hold almost every record in music by the time she retires and stops releasing music.

The only s***s I see are the likes of LG, Beyonce and 99% of the "singers" who perform on the sluttiest of TV crap shows like American Idol. Luckily there are TRUE artists like TS to make us forget the sheer rot out there in popland :)

What makes Beyoncé what you called her but not Taylor swift

What makes Beyoncé what you called her but not Taylor swift
Simply because this thread started off on the wrong foot from post 1. Generally I'm unbiased and objective in my posts, but when I read posts like the Kanye post up here and insults at me cuz I truly objectively say Kanye is crap, I can adapt to the slur too.

Depends who you compare her to, if comparing her to the Beatles or MJ or artists of that nature then yes she is Very overrated. Her singing is mediocre at best, her dancing is mediocre at best and the instruments she plays, they are to a basic level. Her songs are mediocre to me, just generic music. But in todays times this is seen as something amazing because it’s mostly filled by rap stars who can’t sing or play an instrument.

Her success is mainly due to her getting little kids to buy into her brand, they got the term ‘swifties’ just like they did with one direction ‘directioners’ and Justin beiber ‘believers’ they targeted the kid audiences as there’s a gap in that market.
The lyrics and arrangements in TS's songs make the big diff in her music.

I’ve not heard all her stuff, the only album I’ve heard in its entirety is red, and it’s nothing special, I enjoyed the album, I liked the songs especially all too well, but it’s hardly revolver. There’s nothing special or groundbreaking about her music.
The lyrics and arrangements in TS's songs make the big diff in her music.

I’ve not heard all her stuff, the only album I’ve heard in its entirety is red, and it’s nothing special, I enjoyed the album, I liked the songs especially all too well, but it’s hardly revolver. There’s nothing special or groundbreaking about her music.
Did you even read my post ? IT'S THE ARRANGEMENTS THAT MAKE THE BIG DIFF .....oh why do I bother ?! Do any of you know what arranging music even is ? I don't think so honestly, at least from some of the posts up here !!

Moronic LG had the nerve to say in an interview that she was inspired by Led Zeppelin .....funny coz she not only doesn't even come close to the gods' influence, but she's downright moronically a heretic :):):)
So she said she was influenced by Led Zeppelin. Why have an issue with that? Did she say the only reason why she became a musician is because she wanted to be bigger than Led Zeppelin? I'm not familiar with her music, but to the best of my knowledge at least she isn't stealing from other artists and passing off their work as her own.

Let's face it : 99% of all pop songs out there are extremely wimply arranged and the overall format of the songs is totally repetitive and boring. At least TS knows how to dip in during the mixing and production stages to touch up the songs in a super way: something that the Gagas, Kanyes and Beyonces out there don't even know what all of that is.

So she said she was influenced by Led Zeppelin. Why have an issue with that? Did she say the only reason why she became a musician is because she wanted to be bigger than Led Zeppelin? I'm not familiar with her music, but to the best of my knowledge at least she isn't stealing from other artists and passing off their work as her own.
Gaga might not be stealing from other artists, but that's the point: the only alternative for her is to dish out the wimpiest of sounds ever. She might as well be stealing .....she isn't able to do anything else. Highly overrated.

Did you even read my post ? IT'S THE ARRANGEMENTS THAT MAKE THE BIG DIFF .....oh why do I bother ?! Do any of you know what arranging music even is ? I don't think so honestly, at least from some of the posts up here !!

Cool, nothing about the arrangements are anything special, again they are just generic pop songs. Her success is coming from targeting the audience of kids. Just like with the Justin beiber phenomenon, and more recently the BTS group. In fact one of the singers in BTS released an album recently which broke many records, nothing about the Album is great, but BTS have a massive audience of kids which made it sell in huge numbers

Back