Is Taylor Swift the most overrated artist of this century?

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
Her voice is not even mediocre, its borderline bad.

Seems like she's proof if you have a certain look, talent is not a prerequisite for fame and fortune as a ..er.."singer"

I don't think there is a huge line of people who would objectively insist Swift is a god tier artist or something. Popular, sure, but you can't really underrate or overrate how popular a musician is.

I suspect the demographic that she make music for and Sherdog's don't have much overlap, so whatever is the consensus here will be biased against her anyway. I was surprised how much the movie about her tour made, beating out debuting Killer of the flower moon on its second week in the box office.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, bud. Can't believe I'm defending Taylor Swift right now but she can play the guitar and sing at the same time so she's pretty legit compared to most.
Never listened to her nor do I want to start now. If she plays an instrument and writes her song, she's already at the top 10% of pop stars.

Never listened to her nor do I want to start now. If she plays an instrument and writes her song, she's already at the top 10% of pop stars.

Pretty much this. Shes “overrated” if you start comparing to her the likes of The Beatles and MJ, but otherwise I think she’s pretty legit.

I am surprised at how popular she is… but she’s also really hot. So I’m fine with it.

I don't think she's the most overrated. She can sing, play instruments and write her own music/songs. There are a bunch of artists out there who are quite popular and don't do the same as she does.

She fills all the checkboxes of an American music sweetheart with the country and now pop crowd.

Also have you seen her competition? The music industry has definitely seen much better days.

I prefer artists with bigger boobs and have shown them like Rita Ora. Don't know any of her songs though.

Preach, bro!

I rate women's' boobs on the Prime Perry Scale. :p

Hate the Game, not the Player.

Swift has built herself into a Billion-dollar brand by the simple expedient of writing songs about her bad taste in ex-boyfriends. 'hespect the hustle. ;)

Joking aside, while I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to her, the few times I've heard her sing have been pleasant enough. The girl definitely has some talent.

Reactions: MRT
She's actually pretty good. I think one of the few pop stars who has legit talent.

Is still overrated though, especially this last year its like shes taken over everything.

I don't know much about her music but pretty fuckable IMO.

/shrugs

Back