Is Syrian war over?

Perhaps...it depends on what's going on in Lebanon and what Saudi Arabia/Israel/America have in store for that country. If there is a civil war brewing once again there, it might spill over unto Syria and drag them back in a conflict.

This.

Oh, I wouldn't put too much stock into that. I think that was for the headlines, while Obama was funnelling arms that he knew would get into ISIS and other group's hands to be used against Syrian Defense Forces doing much more damage.

I agree it was a headline launch.

Now it made sense why Turkey cooperated with Russia & Iran on the post-war discussions this week.

Turkey's terrified of Kurdish nationalism (which poses a separatist threat to both Turkey & Syria) and now that ISIS is eliminated as a major player in the civil war, the Syrian government is the only actor in the war that can push down the Kurds.

Good decision by Trump to preserve good relations with Turkey and let the war conclude.

Who cares as long as the idea of importing a shitload of Muslim cavemen into America is no longer a big thing.
I doubt that will change. The narrative will change from "refugees" to "economic migrants", "seeking a better life", etc.

No, it is at its worst point in history.

Agreed,

ISIS have proven that the Sunnis are more than willing to slaughter the Shites if given the chance this is something the Shites won't forget for a long time this is like Nazi era levels of genocide.

Now it made sense why Turkey cooperated with Russia & Iran on the post-war discussions this week.

Turkey's terrified of Kurdish nationalism (which poses a separatist threat to both Turkey & Syria) and now that ISIS is eliminated as a major player in the civil war, the Syrian government is the only actor in the war that can push down the Kurds.

Good decision by Trump to preserve good relations with Turkey and let the war conclude.
Trump shouldn't be supporting Turkey, with Islamist Erdogan and his agenda at the helm.

Agreed,

ISIS have proven that the Sunnis are more than willing to slaughter the Shites if given the chance this is something the Shites won't forget for a long time this is like Nazi era levels of genocide.

The shia went on their own slaughter spree in iraq when they tried to purge the country of all sunni political power. The saw the baathist saddam shadow in every corner of sunni participation in the political process. The difference is those death squads were on the US payroll indirectly since the US was the patron behind the iraqi government.

In the lead up to 2014 there were protests by the sunni and the iraqi army was sent in to disperse them. This population then threw their weight behind isis when the shia forces began to melt away. Isis ranks were full of baathists and ex saddam loyalists. The kind that would be partying it up and drinking alcohol in saddam's time. They wanted their power back and full retard religious extremist was the new thing to be.

Supporting Turkey is not a good thing.
Wether or not stopping the arms arrangement is a good thing is a separate issue and I'm not sure is a good thing either.
ISIS wanted that to happen as much as anyone. So Russia Iran Syria and ISIS all want that, not convinced on this one yet.
hope I'm wrong but I see some fucked up shit coming that will not be good for anyone but Assad and Russia tbo

ASSAD-SMILING.jpg

I think you're right.

Iran has made huge leaps since ISIS began their onslaught of Iraq and Syria, they're supporters of Assad and influence his decisions, they've now secured a land bridge through Iraq, they've got supporters in Iraq and will likely encourage an impeding Iraqi civil war.

The Saudis would like American support for a war against Iran as they have seen their sphere shrink.

They're winning, it's really the worst possible outcome that could have logically happened. While ISIS wins in violence longevity was not possible.

I think you're right.

Iran has made huge leaps since ISIS began their onslaught of Iraq and Syria, they're supporters of Assad and influence his decisions, they've now secured a land bridge through Iraq, they've got supporters in Iraq and will likely encourage an impeding Iraqi civil war.

The Saudis would like American support for a war against Iran as they have seen their sphere shrink.

They're winning, it's really the worst possible outcome that could have logically happened. While ISIS wins in violence longevity was not possible.

Is it really possible for a country's geopolitical clout to expand when its economy stays stagnant or even shrinks?

In the news you hear all these things about Russia asserting itself in the past decade but really it's just a sad case of a stagnant economy and Russia trying to preserve its allies.

If you look at the picture holistically, Russia permanently lost [most of] Ukraine whereas before the Crimean annexation you had a bipolar Ukraine that shifted Westward and Eastward every 2-4 years.

Syria was a reliable partner until Assad's power was challenged.

With all these campaigns in Ukraine, Syria, and the Caucuses- it's really just a case of Russia desperately trying to keep some influence in those countries.

It's not a story of geopolitical extension as much as a survival spree.

I think you're right.

I don't know about worst, but it was certainly the most likely outcome. I think our War Pig leaders figured we would have taken Iran out by now. Who would have thought 17 years of propoganda couldn't have at least got us some carpet bombing of innocent people? Looks like we've moved on to arming Saudi Arabia for the upcoming proxi war. Let them get some target practice by massacring Yemenis first, though.

The shia went on their own slaughter spree in iraq when they tried to purge the country of all sunni political power. The saw the baathist saddam shadow in every corner of sunni participation in the political process. The difference is those death squads were on the US payroll indirectly since the US was the patron behind the iraqi government.

In the lead up to 2014 there were protests by the sunni and the iraqi army was sent in to disperse them. This population then threw their weight behind isis when the shia forces began to melt away. Isis ranks were full of baathists and ex saddam loyalists. The kind that would be partying it up and drinking alcohol in saddam's time. They wanted their power back and full retard religious extremist was the new thing to be.

Good post

I almost forgot the Shiah led militias yeah so its double the fuck up those two factions of Islam wont reconcile soon.

Just like the Crussades in the medieval times it made the split between the Eastern and western catholics even wider and bitter when crusaders attack Orthkdox communities and kill them.

This is why despite my strong dislike againts Islam I can never suport other anti Muslim groups organized by other religions it just makes things worst it just becomes a religious supremacy wars.

Mr.Bush and Tonni Blais should be ashamed!

I don't know about worst, but it was certainly the most likely outcome. I think our War Pig leaders figured we would have taken Iran out by now. Who would have thought 17 years of propoganda couldn't have at least got us some carpet bombing of innocent people? Looks like we've moved on to arming Saudi Arabia for the upcoming proxi war. Let them get some target practice by massacring Yemenis first, though.

Mr.Bush and @tonni Blair's legacy Imo. That fucked up the mid easters even more.

Good post

I almost forgot the Shiah led militias yeah so its double the fuck up those two factions of Islam wont reconcile soon.

Just like the Crussades in the medieval times it made the split between the Eastern and western catholics even wider and bitter when crusaders attack Orthkdox communities and kill them.

This is why despite my strong dislike againts Islam I can never suport other anti Muslim groups organized by other religions it just makes things worst it just becomes a religious supremacy wars.

Mr.Bush and Tonni Blais should be ashamed!

I don't even know if you can call it double the fuck up when the Shia population had been oppressed for almost 40 years. Their reaction was human nature in light of that treatment.

I don't even know if you can call it double the fuck up when the Shia population had been oppressed for almost 40 years. Their reaction was human nature in light of that treatment.

Its Triple the fucked up then.

They opress they get oppress they opress back they opress and so on!!

Its Triple the fucked up then.

They opress they get oppress they opress back they opress and so on!!

Do Shiites have a history of violence against Sunnis, the way Sunnis have a history of violence against Shias?

Back