Is Syrian war over?

I wouldn't say that given past bloodshed and assassinations.

However, the schism is certainly burning a bit hot right now...

Not as hot as it was though, because a lot of the youthful, vigorous young Arab and Persian fellows from poorer families have ended up buried in the desert.

The manpower drain on Hezbollah, Hamas, ISIS, AQ affiliates, and all the rest has really done the West a short term favor.

Runaway truck sightings aside.
Given the demographics of the area I don't think it was very significant. The median age in Syria is still 20 years old.

The Sunni majority isn't happy being ruled over by an authoritarian minority group
of course they'd be much happier to have the sharia...so the western coalition supports them.

In Syria I don't think the issue is really theological, its more in-group/out-group stuff. The Alawites don't have some religious issue with the Sunnis, they're just painfully aware of their status as a minority and are fighting tooth and nail to keep their privileged position under the Assad government. The Sunni majority isn't happy being ruled over by an authoritarian minority group but there are major Sunni business families that support the Assads because they formed a quid pro quo arrangement.
Things tend not to go well for religious minorities in Sunni majority countries.

I don't blame the alawites for fighting tooth and nail to avoid being wiped out/abused for being a religious minority

Doesn't that imply that the war is not over, then?

If US troops are still stationed in Syria, Assad can't restore the government's pre-Civil War borders.
I don't think the war is over, it's yet another phase. And i'm quite sure assad wont be able to restore his old borders

Given the demographics of the area I don't think it was very significant. The median age in Syria is still 20 years old.

That's a good point, but there are some things we can not calculate. As well, I doubt we can easily calculate the median age in Syria -today-.

As for those calculations: Such as how many sons were lost, how many brave/hot headed sons, how many can even a very poor family accept losing now?

We do know that after the more excitable and depraved lunatics are offed, they start to run low, not everyone can be a great radical or a capable one, and once the most capable and radical are culled in these conflicts the group tends to die on the vine.

As does the schism until more excitable and violent youths are of age to face a cluster bomb.

You mean the 42 cruise missiles? Yes.

Oh, I wouldn't put too much stock into that. I think that was for the headlines, while Obama was funnelling arms that he knew would get into ISIS and other group's hands to be used against Syrian Defense Forces doing much more damage.

Who cares as long as the idea of importing a shitload of Muslim cavemen into America is no longer a big thing.

Back