is leandro the p4p king atm?

And you think people give a fcuk about that? Roger Gracie is still the best pound for pound, whether you like it or not.

Lol. Yes, people generally care if you're an active competitor when they are compiling P4P lists. Find me a boxing P4P list that still has Floyd at the top, or and MMA list with GSP.

Roger is not the best ever he was a big ass dude with solid basics who beat a bunch of big guys back in he day sorry but the game is a lot more competitive now Rafa and lo have to be the top now lo fights 30 pounds heavier than his normal division and wins roger couldn't have that same game he plays if he was smaller

And you think people give a fcuk about that? Roger Gracie is still the best pound for pound, whether you like it or not.

Your posts are consistently wrong.

Roger is not the best ever he was a big ass dude with solid basics who beat a bunch of big guys back in he day sorry but the game is a lot more competitive now Rafa and lo have to be the top now lo fights 30 pounds heavier than his normal division and wins roger couldn't have that same game he plays if he was smaller

Roger won at ADCC, and had a very high submission rate in IBJJF. Lo almost never does no-gi events, has never (?) done ADCC, and tends to win his IBJJF matches with an extremely point-centric, stall-heavy strategy.

I also don't think he's looked nearly as good at the heavier weight class.

Not to mention that this is a grappling forum, so it seems a little odd to chastise anyone for offering and opinion on grappling.

Well by that logic, its a grappling forum, so it seems a little odd to be unimpressed with one of the current greats whose most recent accomplishment weighs heavier than the combined medal haul of the history of this board.

You know you can offer an opinion on grappling and still put your foot in your mouth and sound like a total asshole, right? Not mutually exclusive.

I think Lo has a legit claim at P4P all time in the IBJJF.

He's a natural light to middle weight who is has dominated 4 weight classes and is a constant threat in the open weight. He is a legit threat to win Worlds open weight. Has anyone else done this or similar?

How would Rafa fair at light heavy and/or in open divisions? His BJJ is incredible and as far as weight he is GOAT IMO but he's stayed in 1 weight class and rarely done Open weight. This should count heavily P4P IMO.

Lo is a different animal, he seems to do everything he can to seek out the toughest matches. When he comes up short, he makes adjustments and comes back stronger. After he got beat by Keenan it seemed like he was actively seeking him out to "run it back", now that's settled. He's got a much better shot at Faria and/or Buchecha too now that he's not so overpowered.

Well by that logic, its a grappling forum, so it seems a little odd to be unimpressed with one of the current greats whose most recent accomplishment weighs heavier than the combined medal haul of the history of this board.

You know you can offer an opinion on grappling and still put your foot in your mouth and sound like a total asshole, right? Not mutually exclusive.

Who are you referring to? So far in this thread the most snarky comment I've seen was from you:

Stop the presses! Can someone send a telegram to Leandro fucking Lo and tell him inverted vortex is not impressed with his double gold performance at the second toughest jiu jitsu tournament in the world? He's got a lot of work to do!

Even tho I will never, and have never played on the level of a football goat like Messi it's still possible to criticize him for a bad match.

I think Lo has a legit claim at P4P all time in the IBJJF.

He's a natural light to middle weight who is has dominated 4 weight classes and is a constant threat in the open weight. He is a legit threat to win Worlds open weight. Has anyone else done this or similar?

How would Rafa fair at light heavy and/or in open divisions? His BJJ is incredible and as far as weight he is GOAT IMO but he's stayed in 1 weight class and rarely done Open weight. This should count heavily P4P IMO.

Lo is a different animal, he seems to do everything he can to seek out the toughest matches. When he comes up short, he makes adjustments and comes back stronger. After he got beat by Keenan it seemed like he was actively seeking him out to "run it back", now that's settled. He's got a much better shot at Faria and/or Buchecha too now that he's not so overpowered.

You and I perceive him differently. Watch his Pans match against Matheus Diniz (or his loss to Tarsis Humphreys at the Five Tournament the week before) and tell me that's the performance of an all time P4P great. You never see that from Rafa, Buchecha, Roger, Marcelo, etc.

I also don't think he's looked nearly as good at the heavier weight class.

Not to mention that this is a grappling forum, so it seems a little odd to chastise anyone for offering and opinion on grappling.

they want to turn this into the heavies. no wonder reddit has way more action these days.

You and I perceive him differently. Watch his Pans match against Matheus Diniz (or his loss to Tarsis Humphreys at the Five Tournament the week before) and tell me that's the performance of an all time P4P great. You never see that from Rafa, Buchecha, Roger, Marcelo, etc.

He does game the rules more and doesn't go for the kill as much as I would like but he is going up in weight. Where alot of these guys would be settling into their weightclass and looking to be more dominant over their division, he's looked to move up to theoretically tougher weight classes and put tougher challenges on the open weight. The guys you mentioned are all incredible competitors but with all due respect, they have not done what Lo has done.

I would still consider Roger GOAT FWIW.

Off topic but still about Lo. Never seen anyone fold another person's foot in half like he did this last weekend :eek:

Just a pain submission, got to gut it through.

He does game the rules more and doesn't go for the kill as much as I would like but he is going up in weight. Where alot of these guys would be settling into their weightclass and looking to be more dominant over their division, he's looked to move up to theoretically tougher weight classes and put tougher challenges on the open weight. The guys you mentioned are all incredible competitors but with all due respect, they have not done what Lo has done.

I would still consider Roger GOAT FWIW.

We're splitting hairs I know (is he "great" or "teh greatest?"), but there's just a level of match to match dominance that other greats displayed more than Lo. Also the versatility across rulesets.

Xande, Werdum, Romulo, Jacarè... just a bunch of random big guys of course

This got to be the most retarded post in a whole lot of time.. Yeah roger subed a bunch of no ones just based on size, since h was a 450 pounds giant...

Last edited:

That's true enough, but the fact that Lo is an amazing competitor doesn't mean fans can't critique his game. I really do think he looks worse at HW than he did at LW and MW while still acknowledging he's a fantastic competitor.

I'd say Lepri is the man right now. No points scored against him at worlds or pans, and finishing the majority of his matches by sub (or nuking people out of the water like Liera 18-0).

Back