Is Kovalev as racist as Pascal claims?

Do you need to hear Mel Gibson screaming "you jew, darky, honky, cracker, spic!" on video more than once to know he was a complete racist douche bag?

Context is important as well.

Pointing at a tee-shirt with a monkey holding gloves doesn't exactly scream "Complete racist douche bag" to me.

Comparing what Kovalev did to Mel Gibson is reaching pretty far. Mel Gibson said it with malicious intent over the phone and threatened his ex-wife.

Kovalev pointed at a shirt with a monkey and gloves and smiled.

Seems like we've had a thread like this before, and I'm gonna say the same thing I did last time.
Dude he's Russian, what do you expect?

who cares. If you're looking for role models, boxing isn't your sport.

If Kovalev was truly racist his coach and sparring partners wouldn't be black
I know an actual neo-nazi [NJ Hammerskin Nation member] who trains in an inner city boxing gym. So obviously his coaches and training partners are black. He doesnt broadcast his politics, but anyone whos known him long enough will know, and he maintains a cordial and friendly relationship with minorities when required.

I wouldnt classify Kovalev as a "card carrying" racist, or even racist by Slavic terms [that was a racist generalization in itself], but a pampered liberal would be horrified by his insensitivity.

lol, Mark Wahlberg is also a notorious piece of shit, except he actually got physical with Jews/Asians/Blacks

Yeah, I'm not surprised. He strikes me as that type of guy for some reason.

Context is important as well.

Pointing at a tee-shirt with a monkey holding gloves doesn't exactly scream "Complete racist douche bag" to me.

Comparing what Kovalev did to Mel Gibson is reaching pretty far. Mel Gibson said it with malicious intent over the phone and threatened his ex-wife.

Kovalev pointed at a shirt with a monkey and gloves and smiled.

Agreed. Context is very important. I wasn't even talking about Kov. Kovalev is awesome. I was only referencing your point that there needs to be more than one instance of racism. I was pointing out in a general sense that it doesn't take more than one instance, if that one instance is blatant. That's all. I don't think Kovalev is particularly racist. Maybe a little bit.

But, nonetheless, one instance of overt racism can be plenty to tell if someone is racist or not. That's the only thing I was point out. No comparison of Kov to Gibson.

Literally blinded an Asian guy, right?
something along those lines. Seemed to specifically have an issue with Vietnamese people. Famously also chased down black people down the streets throw rocks and racial expletives at them.

The only thing that redeems him slightly is that he allegedly chased black people on mopeds, which, whilst awful, is kinda hilarious to think of when you take into account that Mopeds are some of the least terrifying things to come out of hte last 50 years.

i like how americans are saying "of course he's racist, what do you expect from a russian?"
involuntary irony = gg

Back