Is Kovalev as racist as Pascal claims?

Pascal was raised in a country where racist jokes are taboo, kovalev was not. So ya its racist but i dont think it was hateful.

I would just like to see Andre Ward whoop outpoint him.

He's definitely a chickenist. He thinks all chickens sound like ducks.

Everybody has "Black, White, Hispanic, Asian etc etc" friends....That doesn't mean you aren't or can't be a racist....There are millions of Black, White, Hispanic people so statistically speaking its impossible to dislike every Black or White or Hispanic person you meet....Obviously even a hardcore racist isn't going to hate EVERY person from a given race.....there will be some that he likes due to sheer numbers.....That definition of a racist (you hate ALL Black/White/Hispanic people) is just not applicable in the real world......

To me the real definition of a racist is just someone who has a general dislike or disdain towards a certain race or ethnicity or a general feeling of superiority towards a certain race or ethnicity....That doesn't mean he can't have Black friends or that there aren't some Black people that he likes and respects....it just means that his collective opinion on that group as a whole is negative....

So it's very possible for Kovalev to be friends with John David Jackson (and real feelings of friendship not pretend ones), yet still dislike Blacks on the whole....Very possible....Same as Hopkins may have a handful of true White friends, but still dislike Whites as a whole

If you read Kovalevs interview he basically admits it himself....He likes some particular Blacks, but on the whole he doesn't care for them......I'm sure Hopkins and a few other Black boxers might say the same about Whites...

Only black americans have the right to decide what's racist because we cant be racist. Plus we endured way more during slavery than any other race ever.
7DTly.gif

Everybody has "Black, White, Hispanic, Asian etc etc" friends....That doesn't mean you aren't or can't be a racist...

"I have a black friend, so I'm not racist."
"Is he cool?"
"Yeah, he's not like the rest of them."

My grandma was that way. She'd swear that she wasn't racist and had some old lady friends who were minorities, but as soon as a black guy came walking through the neighborhood she'd start watching him and saying things like "I wonder what this character wants."

Lol nice dont take this post to serious I was trolling. But I do know people who say that lol
I figured you had to be, but yeah man I've heard the same bullshit myself.

Did the monkey t-shirt have a black fighters name on it or any reference to a black fighter??

No, he just saw a kid wearing a shirt and posted this tweet.

View attachment 77557

That's funny because its true. If you look like monkey you might have someone be like man you're lookin all aped out. Same thing if you look like a foot. Or this white girl nicknamed mule kid. We were kids and she looked like a mule. Actually she was kicked in her jaw by a mule.
Small town treasures

"I have a black friend, so I'm not racist."
"Is he cool?"
"Yeah, he's not like the rest of them."

My grandma was that way. She'd swear that she wasn't racist and had some old lady friends who were minorities, but as soon as a black guy came walking through the neighborhood she'd start watching him and saying things like "I wonder what this character wants."

My grandfather passed away many years ago. But when i was 7,8 everytime we would go out in public in omaha at least once a day he would go up to ablack man he would engage him friendly and always introduce the random black guy as Leroy,call him his buddy.always Leroy. Then he would kind of grillnthese men about their life choices service you name it.

Well we have videoproof of Kovalev brutally beating a lot of black guys, so maybe.

What do you guys think, is there anybody from Russia that could shed light on this? Regardless, it should be a good fight, hope Pascal can bring the heat and make this interesting.

I know nothing about the guy, but I read his explanation of the Adonis Stevenson tweet:

"I apologise for my tweet about Adonis Stevenson. I really did not know it was bad. In the last few days my friends at Main Events teach me some history about the United States. It is very different to where I grew up in Chelyabinsk. I’m still learning here and I understand I have made a mistake. I hope I can be forgiven this mistake and I will not do such a thing again."

Based on my experience in Russia, I think his explanation is somewhat plausible.

I went there with group of kids from my high school in '93, a year or two after the USSR collapsed. When we went to Red Square in Moscow, a bunch of Russian students on a field trip approached a black student from my school and asked to take a picture with him. He asked why, and they said "We've never seen a black person before".

I repeat: These children, who lived in the biggest city in the country, had never seen a black person before.

Moscow has a population of over 12 million, but even today, 92% of the population is ethnically Russian. There are probably a handful of black people, but only a handful.

Kovalev's hometown, Kopeysk, had a population of 70,000 when he was born. It is in the middle of nowhere - quite far from the more metropolitan Moscow - near the border of Kazakhstan. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no black people there at all.

Kopeysk is part of the province of Chelyabinsk. Chelyabinsk is slightly more diverse than Moscow, but is mostly "diverse" because it is home to more Asian ethnic groups:

2016-05-03.png

I doubt there are a significant number of black people in the province.

The population of Russia is about 144 million; in the entire country, there are only an estimated 40,000 people who are entirely or partially black.

When you don't see a single black person for the first 20 years of your life, you can't be expected to understand the racial issues of societies that are much more diverse.

This doesn't mean he's not racist, of course - there are plenty of people in Russia who hate black people even though they don't see many/any; I'm only saying that "I didn't understand that what I said was that offensive" is somewhat plausible.

Personally, I think he did mean to offend Stevenson, and he probably did know that the tweet was racially offensive, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't understand just how offensive it was.

Last edited:
Pops is racist. Whether or not we want to hold him him that is how he has been going so long/

Well he does seem to enjoy destroying the blacks.
but then again he destroys the whites too, so idk

Racism is overrated. People don't like people for a whole bunch of reasons. Why is race as a reason some unspeakable offense whereas other reasons for disliking someone are not?

Institutionalized racism on the other hand is awful, just like any other discrimination and denial of equal rights and opportunities. But personal racism, meh.

Certainly, more than one.

Do you need to hear Mel Gibson screaming "you jew, darky, honky, cracker, spic!" on video more than once to know he was a complete racist douche bag?

Do you need to hear Mel Gibson screaming "you jew, darky, honky, cracker, spic!" on video more than once to know he was a complete racist douche bag?
lol, Mark Wahlberg is also a notorious piece of shit, except he actually got physical with Jews/Asians/Blacks

Back