Is Khabib in Conor's head moreso than any other fighter in his entire career?

I think its the other way around, Khabib clearly doesn't like Conor and what he stands for. Khabib is a humble guy that fights for the sport and legacy, he's been fighting his whole life and that's just who he is and I dont think he likes all the media and BS that comes with the fight game. Conor pretty much is the exact opposite, now we know that Conor has a on camera persona and who he is off cameras is a different person but it goes back to the point that Khabib isnt too much into that part of the game.

If there is anyone that's been talking about this fight and how badly they wanna hurt the other guy its Khabib, I mean how many times have we heard him talking about how badly he wants to pound and disfigure Conors face and embarrass him? I think its pretty clear that Khabib wants to prove a point, not only that he's the better fighter, but that that the whole hype surrounding Conor and how he promotes himself is BS and that he can be seen as the best LW without all the hype.

So with that said, I think that Conor is more so in Khabibs head because Khabib doesnt really wanna embarrass and hurt Conor but rather the on camera persona that is Conor. That's the way I see it, it's gonna be interesting how the press goes leading up.

Khabib is a Russian hick. He doesn't have the brain for mind games. He thinks it's all about will, and it's not.

If Khabib leaves his head up like he did against Al, Conor is going to Aldo him.

Khabib always starts off a little to nervous.

I think Conor should just rush him at the start and try to take him down.
Like he rushed Mayweather? Well, it sure would end up with the same result. Just much sooner.

The shit is about to go down

I think its the other way around, Khabib clearly doesn't like Conor and what he stands for. Khabib is a humble guy that fights for the sport and legacy, he's been fighting his whole life and that's just who he is and I dont think he likes all the media and BS that comes with the fight game. Conor pretty much is the exact opposite, now we know that Conor has a on camera persona and who he is off cameras is a different person but it goes back to the point that Khabib isnt too much into that part of the game.

If there is anyone that's been talking about this fight and how badly they wanna hurt the other guy its Khabib, I mean how many times have we heard him talking about how badly he wants to pound and disfigure Conors face and embarrass him? I think its pretty clear that Khabib wants to prove a point, not only that he's the better fighter, but that that the whole hype surrounding Conor and how he promotes himself is BS and that he can be seen as the best LW without all the hype.

So with that said, I think that Conor is more so in Khabibs head because Khabib doesnt really wanna embarrass and hurt Conor but rather the on camera persona that is Conor. That's the way I see it, it's gonna be interesting how the press goes leading up.
Khabib looks like a stoic stone cold killer when he talks about ruining Conor. Russians are pretty well known for being ruthless while maintaining composure. I would imagine even more so with a Dagie mountain Russian.

Conor's actions on the other hand were completely reckless and batshit crazy. Flying across a continent to throw a dolly at his bus, getting in trouble with the police. He seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and act a fool while Khabib just sits back cold and calculated.

The Irish are a scrappy breed, much more so than North Americans, but Russians are cut from a different cloth entirely.

Last edited:
No. Conor seems to be on his head. Khabib wants to embrass & hurt him which is worst possible mind-set going against Conor.

Nate got in his head pretty good..

WarmCompassionateHorseshoebat.gif
GOLD

Khabib looks like a stoic stone cold killer when he talks about ruining Conor. Russians are pretty well known for being ruthless while maintaining composure. I would imagine even more so with a Dagie mountain Russian.

Conor's actions on the other hand were completely reckless and batshit crazy. Flying across a continent to throw a dolly at his bus, getting in trouble with the police. He seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and act a fool while Khabib just sits back cold and calculated.

The Irish are a scrappy breed, much more so than North Americans, but Russians are cut from a different cloth entirely.
As a Russian expat I approve of this post. Russians are indeed very composed in a fight. But Dagestanis... those guys are ruthless. I'd rather fight another Russian than a Dag.

The guy flew across continents to throw a dolly at his bus and risked jail time ffs.

I mean that speaks for itself.

Just look at this pic he seems unhinged.

vid_conor.0.jpg

Also, during their backstage confrontation Conor seemed rattled to me. I'll let other people draw their own conclusions but that's my take from the video.
200.gif

I don't get all the love for Khabib/hate for Conor.

He has pulled out of so many fights. His fight aren't overly exciting.

Conor is yet to pull out of a fight... win or lose his fights are enjoyable.

But to answer your question... I think Conor realises it isn't a great stylistic match up for him... but he is such a draw now he doesn't need to be on the mic talking smack to get people interested in the fight. His time is better served learning decent TDD.

I agree, I think from ufc 200 when he was pulled for wanting to lower his media responsibilities, it was clear that we'd get less mcgregor media moments.
He's beyond that with regards to the ufc now, the ground work has been laid.

You guys said Aldo was in Conors head after the UFC 194 weigh in lol.

TFerg got in khabibs head by not paying attention to him during the face off. So much that khabib got triggerd by tony making a small hand movement.
Im just hoping to see some good content in the pressers, ive missed conors rhetoric its usually hilarious.

Neither of them has really said anything yet. They're in training camp focused on the fight, as they should be

Can't be in someone's head if you don't even talk to (or at) them

I don't think there has been anything that really indicates he is in his head. The next conference they are in should show who is in who's head.

When Nate called him a rich kid I literally thought Conor was going to start crying.
Nate by far up to this point. Rich kid, beat 3 midgets now you all pumped up, Steroids lol, and my personal favorite, when he made him flinch at the staredown.

Size and style alone should make that a reality plus - has mcgregor ever been underdog since UFC start ?

Back