Is Kevin Lee the best LW in the world?

Whether or not it was beyond his control is irrelevant. Fighting Khabib is a rare occurrence for any fighter. And any rational person would realize that. Tell me what is wrong with that statement.
It is a somewhat accurate exaggeration that is circumstantial and can become false in the near future.

Nothing wrong with the statement. If you believe that then good for you. I believe it to be an exaggeration based on dislike for the fighter. If you wish to believe otherwise then go ahead. I don't care.

I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is his toughest matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a good shot of winning with his improved striking.

Thoughts?

LOL, no. He's an solid wrestler that's developed a rear-naked choke. He's not even the best grappler in his division.

I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is his toughest matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a good shot of winning with his improved striking.

Thoughts?

Look, how fast, they jump on nuts

They don't even hesitate anymore

Complains Bisping never fought a top ten

Complains about other nut huggers

Hops on a nut that isn't even worth

This. He has the potential to be a major threat but is unproven.

I wouldn't even say that. I mean, he's young so he can become more versatile, but he's a poor mans Khabib right now. When you think about all the great hybrid grapplers in MMA throughout history, all of them are pretty much better than him. I think Eddie, Gaethje, Conor, Tony, Khabib all soundly beat him. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nate knocked him out.

I wouldn't even say that. I mean, he's young so he can become more versatile, but he's a poor mans Khabib right now. When you think about all the great hybrid grapplers in MMA throughout history, all of them are pretty much better than him. I think Eddie, Gaethje, Conor, Tony, Khabib all soundly beat him. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nate knocked him out.
I'd give him the edge over Eddie and Nate 9/10 times. I'd give him a somewhat decent shot against Conor if his chin weren't garbage. Otherwise yeah, Highlight, Tony, Conor, and Khabib would most likely make fairly easy work of him.

No wtf, way too early to tell dude. Plus he got KO'd by a Jui Jitsu guy. And if Cucuy pulls out I think Lando would be a fucking dope last minute replacement.

:meow:

I'd give him the edge over Eddie and Nate 9/10 times. I'd give him a somewhat decent shot against Conor if his chin weren't garbage. Otherwise yeah, Highlight, Tony, Conor, and Khabib would most likely make fairly easy work of him.

Nah, Nate fucks him up. If it's a 3 round fight it might be close, but Kevin looks to work on the ground which plays right into Nates game. It would either be a sub for Nate or a close fight either way.

If it's a five round fight, Its going to be Nate. Too many opportunities at that point to light him up.

Lee doesn't have anything for Eddie. Eddie lights him up easy and KOs, probably inside 1.

Nah, Nate fucks him up. If it's a 3 round fight it might be close, but Kevin looks to work on the ground which plays right into Nates game. It would either be a sub for Nate or a close fight either way.

If it's a five round fight, Its going to be Nate. Too many opportunities at that point to light him up.

Lee doesn't have anything for Eddie. Eddie lights him up easy and KOs, probably inside 1.
Nate has shown to crumble under strong wrestlers before. He has crazy subs off his back but if you pin him down then he doesn't offer much of a fight. He's insanely hard to finish tho, and subbing him is not an option so it definitely going to the judges.

Lee has wrestled better wrestlers than Eddie. He has the size and reach advantage. If Eddie tries to face fuck his problems per usual then he could definitely lose. I am not particularly fond of Eddie so my bias may be showing. If Eddie can close the distance then he can TKO Lee. If Lee gets him down he can get the sub

Best LW? Probably not.
El Cucuy is.

Best Asian LW? Probably, yes.

All anyone ever does on this site is complain (with good reason) that the UFC is all about marketability rather than actual skill level and it is turning into a circus but at the same time everyone on this site jumps all over these fighters that just run their mouths.

Countless times I've read Mike Perry should be fighting Robbie Lawler next when he's beat absolutely fucking no-one and now Kevin Lee is the best LW in the world when he has beat absolutely fucking no-one (Chiesa in reality is top 15 at best).

Yes Kevin Lee is talented but Tony, Khabib and Connor absolutely destroy this kid all day long and you could potentially add up to another 5 names on that list. Best LW in the world? Not a fucking chance.

It is a somewhat accurate exaggeration that is circumstantial and can become false in the near future.

Nothing wrong with the statement. If you believe that then good for you. I believe it to be an exaggeration based on dislike for the fighter. If you wish to believe otherwise then go ahead. I don't care.

How is it hate? I love Khabib. I'm just a realist. It's literally a fact. He doesn't fight often. Are you saying he fights often? If you do, then say it. "I think Khabib fights often." It seems like you're not outright saying it because it would make you look like a fool.

I believe so.

Thoughts?

Fighting Tony is one of the biggest step ups in competition that I can think of in recent memory. His best win is Chiesa who was woefully overranked at #9 in the world. Tony is arguably better at Lee's strengths than Lee is.

That's not fair to have to beat Khabib tho. People have been trying to fight him for years and he rarely shows up on fight night.
It's not fair to Khabib to not rank him number 1.

How is it hate? I love Khabib. I'm just a realist. It's literally a fact. He doesn't fight often. Are you saying he fights often? If you do, then say it. "I think Khabib fights often." It seems like you're not outright saying it because it would make you look like a fool.
He does not fight often. The phasing you used made it seem likelike a bigger deal then it was. The claim seemed hostile, sorry if I offended you.

Khabib needs to fight more. However, I believe saying this will be a persistent issue is mildly premature. Thats it. Just my opinion

Back