Is Kevin Lee the best LW in the world?

Possibly if he beats Ferguson, but eventually his glass chin will catchup to it

Do you have any sources stating that he pulled out of fights early on or is that an assumption? If you have a source then I'll retract my claim, otherwise it is perfectly valid.

Your also aren't telling the whole story. He couldn't fight in that time frame because he was undergoing surgery and rehab for his knee. That was beyond his control

This year was a shit show and entirely his fault. Hopefully he fights by December and gets back to doing at least two fights a year.
pulled out vs Ferg twice and Cerrone once

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-22-finale-tony-ferguson-edson-barboza-103015

I'm sure there are more but I'm not about to spend too much time checking.

As for the whole story, obviously he didn't fight because of injury. MMA fighters in their prime are rarely out for any other reason. But from the point of a prospective opponent, it doesn't matter if a guy rarely competes because of injury, drug addition, soul-searching, or tiramisu. He would still be considered a risky guy to tie your next paycheck to.

I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is his toughest matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a good shot of winning with his improved striking.

Thoughts?
Real question is......are you gonna admit you are Kevin's mom?

giphy.gif

Notable wins - 39 year old Trinaldo, Fringe top 10 Michael Cheisa. Defenatly the best in the world...

Lee is a hype machine at the moment.

He has a win over a fringe top 10 guy (Chiesa) and that's it...

He and that idiot Perry get so much overblown hype on the boards, it has become a source of amusement.

Lee should have had a couple of top 10 fights before fighting Ferguson. As it stands, he gets wiped out and has to rebuild himself.

This.

Common sense guys, use it once in a while. Additionally, wasn't he clipped by Chiesa a couple of times prior to that debatable submission? BY CHIESA!! And we are discussing if he is the best LW IN THE WORLD? Thank god Tony will end this hype train once and for all.

pulled out vs Ferg twice and Cerrone once

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-22-finale-tony-ferguson-edson-barboza-103015

I'm sure there are more but I'm not about to spend too much time checking.

As for the whole story, obviously he didn't fight because of injury. MMA fighters in their prime are rarely out for any other reason. But from the point of a prospective opponent, it doesn't matter if a guy rarely competes because of injury, drug addition, soul-searching, or tiramisu. He would still be considered a risky guy to tie your next paycheck to.
I forgot about the Cowboy situation.

I get what you're saying. I'll wait to see how his next scheduled fights turn out before I say he's completely unreliable to schedule a fight with. I get your point tho.

Yes, he's the best in the world at LW by beating Michael Chiesa and Trinaldo and 5 fights ago getting KO'd by a guy with the striking ability of Royce Gracie (I know Santos is better than that but its more funny this way)

His only accomplishment of note at the moment is somehow skipping the whole line at 155 with win over a Michael Cheisa (He even ranked lol?).

I will gladly eat my words if Kevin beats Tony, because I like Kevin, and think we do need more personalities that could potentially crossover to the mainstream, however slightly he can, but I just don't see what's so special about this guy, and his striking defense, and striking is kind of blue collar, and rudimentary.

I just don't see him beating Tony, at all. Yeah, I guess he can wrestle him up, but Tony's also a very good scrambler, and can lock on a sub, quick as lightning. I think it comes down to who can take more, and who has the better striking, and IMO, Tony's gonna box his ears off.

Maybe he can beat a Barboza, and has that level of talent, but I don't believe it, and I don't think he has it in his tool box to be able to do that, whereas I have seen Tony do that, and I know he has that level of fight in him. I just don't think he's on that next level of fighter. The highest tier fighter.

lee is talented but his chin is questionable and Tony will test his heart and determination too.

I believe so.

He'll take Ferguson down and eventually submit him after great top control and g&p.

Conor won't be able to defend the TDs and pressure of Lee and eventually relent.

Khabib is his toughest matchup due to his Sambo background. Still Kevin has a good shot of winning with his improved striking.

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

You're either a troll, a die hard Lee fan or drunk

I will gladly eat my words if Kevin beats Tony, because I like Kevin, and think we do need more personalities that could potentially crossover to the mainstream, however slightly he can, but I just don't see what's so special about this guy, and his striking defense, and striking is kind of blue collar, and rudimentary.

I just don't see him beating Tony, at all. Yeah, I guess he can wrestle him up, but Tony's also a very good scrambler, and can lock on a sub, quick as lightning. I think it comes down to who can take more, and who has the better striking, and IMO, Tony's gonna box his ears off.

Maybe he can beat a Barboza, and has that level of talent, but I don't believe it, and I don't think he has it in his tool box to be able to do that, whereas I have seen Tony do that, and I know he has that level of fight in him. I just don't think he's on that next level of fighter. The highest tier fighter.
Dude beat a Barboza?

Barboza was lighting Ferguson up on the feet. It was a great win by Ferguson but without his unorthodox BJJ he was going to lose. I've been waiting for a rematch ever since. Ferguson has ducked it at every turn and Barboza tried to troll him for a little.

I mean you couldn't wait until AFTER his next scheduled fight IF he won to make this thread?

Lee is a hype machine at the moment.

He has a win over a fringe top 10 guy (Chiesa) and that's it...

He and that idiot Perry get so much overblown hype on the boards, it has become a source of amusement.

Lee should have had a couple of top 10 fights before fighting Ferguson. As it stands, he gets wiped out and has to rebuild himself.
Yair too? Frankie sent his career in a tailspin.

Dude beat a Barboza?

Barboza was lighting Ferguson up on the feet. It was a great win by Ferguson but without his unorthodox BJJ he was going to lose. I've been waiting for a rematch ever since. Ferguson has ducked it at every turn and Barboza tried to troll him for a little.
Saying that he was lighting Ferguson up is disingenuous. Ferguson outlanded him in head strikes and Barboza was slowly fading. If Barboza was really lighting him up on the feet then why did he shoot for a TD? Without his unorthodox BJJ he was going to lose? That's like saying without his kicks Barboza would lose?

Back