Is Jon Jones the best fighter we've ever seen

Jones is the best, agree?

• Total voters
Like I said, read up and familiarize yourself with mma and the ufc. This is all recent stuff you can find information even on this forum.

For basic starters, just to begin with-
Rashad and Lyoto were light heavy weight CHAMPIONS.

Their career primes and greatest achievements were at light heavy weight. They were both undefeated when obtaining CHAMPIONSHIPS at, guess what? Light heavy weight.

They didn't move to mw untill Jones destroyed them making it impossible to stay at lhw. Their careers were/are in their twillights.

The operative word regarding all these fighters including Shogun, they were CHAMPIONS. That means they were the elite echelon, further rashad and lyoto were undefeated.

Read up, fighter chronology is available on this site too
Like I said former champions that were undersized and past their prime. You should go back and watch the fights. There's a thing called UFC fight pass you can watch them on. Even DC was undersized compared to that giant beating on little men. If you were around back then you might remember these fights taking place but you're a Conor newb so it doesn't surprise me you don't know the real level of competition

Like I said former champions that were undersized and past their prime. You should go back and watch the fights. There's a thing called UFC fight pass you can watch them on. Even DC was undersized compared to that giant beating on little men. If you were around back then you might remember these fights taking place but you're a Conor newb so it doesn't surprise me you don't know the real level of competition
Yeah this is why you have to do a litte reading on mma

Mma has weight classes. If youre new to mma and not familiar with it, you might think there are "height" classes, but the metric for size is mass in mma (infact ALL combat sports). So Jones is a slightly tall lanky dude but he weighs the same or less than opponents (like Shogun and Rashad) who weighed more fight night

So guys like Rashad, Shogun and Lyoto have infact fought HW (succesfully) because they had more mass.

Again the key thing to remember is these guys were CHAMPIONS in their peak divisions, fighters like Rashad and Lyoto were UNDEFEATED against opponents to obtain CHAMPIONSHIPS in their appropriate division.
So what this irrefutably means is, they were the best at Light Heavy Weight. This is fact.

Guys like Rashad and Lyoto only had career loses losing to OTHER CHAMPIONS they were irrefutably in their primes.

It was an exciting time in MMA, these guys were all awesome which is what made Jones so exceptional

Use that fight pass and read up on weight classes!! Good luck with your reading and enjoy!

opponents (like Shogun and Rashad) who weighed more fight night

Again the key thing to remember is these guys were CHAMPIONS in their peak divisions, fighters like Rashad and Lyoto were UNDEFEATED against opponents to obtain CHAMPIONSHIPS in their appropriate division.
So what this irrefutably means is, they were the best at Light Heavy Weight. This is fact.

Guys like Rashad and Lyoto only had career loses losing to OTHER CHAMPIONS they were irrefutably in their primes.!

<TrumpWrong1>

Just because jones grabbed you by the pussy (which isn't the only whole he sticks his fingers in) doesn't mean he fought legit guys in their prime.

Fact is many were undersized LHWs and all those guys you mentioned were past their individual prime. And he had to poke them in the eye to beat them. That fact isn't debatable

BlushingWigglyHog.gif
You might wanna update your sig?

<TrumpWrong1>

Just because jones grabbed you by the pussy (which isn't the only whole he sticks his fingers in) doesn't mean he fought legit guys in their prime.

Fact is many were undersized LHWs and all those guys you mentioned were past their individual prime. And he had to poke them in the eye to beat them. That fact isn't debatable
LMAO!!

Harharhar you post a picture of Trump and type "grab in the pussy" haharhar. So clevers.
This is why I encourage you to take a little time and read instead of typing inchorently

Shogun,Rashad and Lyoto were LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPIONS. Their PEAK PERFORMANCES were in LHW
Some were UNDEFEATED in the LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION when obtaining their CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS. Rashad and Lyoto had 2 shared losses to OTHER CHAMPIONS
Shogun was champion.

Their best performances as CHAMPIONS occurred in LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT, the only lost to OTHER CHAMPIONS

These are the simple basic facts. Nothing you typed refutes that

Take time, learn ,read educate yourself on records and also read up on weight classes

Have fun learning, the sport is engaging if you know some of the basics!

<TrumpWrong1>

* and take steroids

The guy fought 24 times n never really lost a fight.

Not only that but he was never close of being finished in a fight either (expect that armbar vs vitor)

You can make an argument that he lost 2 or 3 rounds in his career at most

That’s bettter than any other goat candidate
ridiculous comparison.....jones hasnt reached the end of his prime.....and the division hasnt adapted to the new size requirements yet.....

when there 6/10 top ten guys that are close to jones'size, he will start losing.....i dont think he is particularly fast or coordinated for his size, as far as pro athletes go....

It's become obvious that Jones was a PED cheat...but I sincerely don't think that's what is responsible for making him great. Jon Jones' greatest asset has been his creativity, mental fluidity and fight IQ. The man pulls off such unpredictable, unconventional and unique moves that allow him to overwhelm his opponents.

But fuck...the dude obviously convinced himself that he needed juice to win and now he's fucked and deserves little respect.

I voted yes because I think he could have been the best. Silva still has it, IMO, but Jones was so close. He had that special something.
What’s funny is that I always wanted him to lose

I'm sure he has tricks he hasn't had to use yet. What we saw so far wasn't full potential experienced wisdom Jones.

Jones has one of the best skill sets of all time.

Saying he's the greatest fighter ever isn't that hard to do. He sure is a douche bag tho

if he had the same success at hw than at lhw then yes, but he was a big fish in a small aquarium and his fight with gustafsson was very close, the only guy that had his size.

why should we forget the cheats? if a guy enter the octagon with a gun and kill his oponnent in one second, are we gonna proclaim him as the greatest fighter ever? where do we draw the line?

No matter what, Jones makes your fav looks like an amateur.

Back