Is Jon Jones beating his opponents at LHW with his skill or his size?

Jones beating DC is proof that being taller, bigger is not skill and you win due to size.

DC beating the HW he fought is proof that being taller, bigger is not an advantage and you can lose due to size.

Jones has adapted skills to fight were many lanky guys typically struggled in the past. His inside clinch game wrecks the more stocky grappler types when in the past getting to clinch and out muscling the lanky guys was a key to victory.

It is funny how people making this argument talk out of both sides of their mouth to do it. Jones beat DC not with skill but by being 'bigger' and yet DC beat how many 'bigger' HW's.

This right hear should be posted every time this dumb topic pops up.

Awww, did I hurt your wittle feelings by telling you your thread was fucking retarded?

Jon Jones is the GOAT bitch, get mad about it.
did you really say "wittle"....lol

LOL you talk about my threads...I encourage anyone to look at yours...

"WHICH SHOT CAUSED DC TO DROP?" im retarted? lol

No one putting forth that Jones wins due to size will ever engage your question there honestly as the difference is how Jones applies that body style. The DIFFERENTIATOR. And that differentiator is the SKILL.

Why could Diabate not due everything Jones could do and more at LHW when as TS says Daibate even has an elite skill area (his striking) and Jones does not have one dominant area?

The difference is solely the overall skill level Jones brought to the game. He may not be the best pure wrestler but his MMA wrestling is good enough to nullify the best wrestlers in the division. He may not be the best pure striker in the division but his MMA striking is good enough to hold with the best in the division. His clinch game, where lanky guys usual suffer as they struggle to get power in close, is instead devastating as he has found a way to use elbows and other short strikes effectively.

Jones is arguably the most complete fighter(well balanced in all areas) this sport has seen and that allows him to beat guys who look like they have a clear advantage in certain areas. And some shertards want to argue that to be that takes little or no skill and simply showing up with a size advantage is enough to take people to being one of the GOATs of this sports.

Shertards. Trolls, Idiots. :oops:

acutally i really dont tgive a fuck whos more well rounded, cuz its stupid ... lol, but you have never heard of MM right? cuz hes probably the most well rounded fighter, just my opininon.

hm....some say skill some say size. Many say both, which doesnt answer the question much ...but the debate continues

Don't flatter yourself. every top fighter has haters and trolls and you can start a thread about GSP and greasegate and get a "debate" if you want it. But don't mistake that for anything more than haters gonna hate or shertards gonna troll.

What I am saying is EVRYONE's size and build contribute to whatever level of success they have as they have learned to use that specific body style optimally.

What seperates the top guys from everyone else is the level of skill they can APPLY to that body style. DIabate with Jones anti wrestling SKILLS and clinch game SKILLS could have been a murderer with his elite striking game. But he did not have those other SKILLS and therefore guys could force him out of his game into their games and beat him.

The differentiator at the top levels of MMA is and always be the skill, SKILL, SKILL.

You want to pretend it is the size.

But how many short / stocky fighters are in the top 5 of their respective divisions? I think we need some data to settle this. But I'm too lazy and so will just argue blindly :)

Hes definitely skillful but his size plays a huge factor. Hes the biggest LHW of all time and also the best. That is not a coincidence. He wouldnt be anywhere near as successful at HW.

did you really say "wittle"....lol

LOL you talk about my threads...I encourage anyone to look at yours...

"WHICH SHOT CAUSED DC TO DROP?" im retarted? lol

Awwww, look at the wittle baby crying because his thread sucks.

Look at him getting all weird stalking my profile trying to find something to talk shit about.

Keep getting mad you fucking pussy. I bet you're so hurt right now LMAO.

No one putting forth that Jones wins due to size will ever engage your question there honestly as the difference is how Jones applies that body style. The DIFFERENTIATOR. And that differentiator is the SKILL.

Why could Diabate not due everything Jones could do and more at LHW when as TS says Daibate even has an elite skill area (his striking) and Jones does not have one dominant area?

The difference is solely the overall skill level Jones brought to the game. He may not be the best pure wrestler but his MMA wrestling is good enough to nullify the best wrestlers in the division. He may not be the best pure striker in the division but his MMA striking is good enough to hold with the best in the division. His clinch game, where lanky guys usual suffer as they struggle to get power in close, is instead devastating as he has found a way to use elbows and other short strikes effectively.

Jones is arguably the most complete fighter(well balanced in all areas) this sport has seen and that allows him to beat guys who look like they have a clear advantage in certain areas. And some shertards want to argue that to be that takes little or no skill and simply showing up with a size advantage is enough to take people to being one of the GOATs of this sports.

Shertards. Trolls, Idiots. :oops:
You hate this thread so much you sat there and typed the biggest responses to try and prove points for one, I already made....and youre trying so hard to discredit others opinions. You have posted more than anyone (aside from my thread responses) .....You hate this thread? I beg to differ my friend. I believe I gave you a life this Monday afternoon. You are welcome.

Awwww, look at the wittle baby crying because his thread sucks.

Look at him getting all weird stalking my profile trying to find something to talk shit about.

Keep getting mad you fucking pussy. I bet you're so hurt right now LMAO.

lol wtf....You define keyboard warrior

Don't flatter yourself. every top fighter has haters and trolls and you can start a thread about GSP and greasegate and get a "debate" if you want it. But don't mistake that for anything more than haters gonna hate or shertards gonna troll.

or maybe you are a dick rider? i was a lewis dick rider when he wrecked mike tyson and my uncle told me, that tyson wasnt the same (drugs/bitches etc.), but i couldnt believe it ... i was probably the biggest dick rider lol
giphy.gif

I like Jon Jones. Apparently you talk alot but dont read much

Hes definitely skillful but his size plays a huge factor. Hes the biggest LHW of all time and also the best. That is not a coincidence. He wouldnt be anywhere near as successful at HW.
Agreed

lol wtf....You define keyboard warrior

You don't know shit about MMA. Also, you will never learn because you can't handle being wrong.

The fact that you made this thread and continue arguing your original point proves it.

or maybe you are a dick rider? i was a lewis dick rider when he wrecked mike tyson and my uncle told me, that tyson wasnt the same (drugs/bitches etc.), but i couldnt believe it ... i was probably the biggest dick rider lol
giphy.gif
Yeah I have to agree. Guy has a Jon Jones obsession. I never seen one like this

For instance imagine "IF" JDS or Cain's body allowed them to comfortably make LHW they would be very dominant LHW fighters as well.

So two of the smallest guys in the heavyweight division are "ifs" when it comes to making 205, yet Jones belongs at heavyweight?

Hm. I'm saying that if those fighters had their same skill level, but were of more average build, I think they would've been even less successful.

And you say "skill is the preeminent one", but I honestly don't even know what skill means. Skill sounds like a lot of factors all rolled into one, so sure, lots of factors in combination will be more important be comparison than a single factor.

But I do seem to recall a study that showed successful fighters have, on average, above average reach. Maybe would be worth finding.
It is that you don't know hat 'skill means' why we have this discussion still.

I think far too many shertards have probably never played a sport in their lives, let alone a high level one and therefore they think there is no real such thing as skill. Therefore the tall geeky book club kid should and could be as good at sports as Lebron James if only they apply themselves the same. Since what is skill anyway?

I can't each you want skill is but it is an inherent gift that we all have in different proportions. And while you can work on your own, we all have natural limits. And some just have more skill than others. Abd different skills can be applied to different sports or activities.

The reason Jones succeeds at the highest level of MMA has far less to do with his body type than his MMA skill. That, again is PROVEN, by many decades where we saw tall lanky fighters not coasting thru to the highest levels despite this size advantage. In fact many were dominated by much shorter and stockier fighters who would out muscle them, and put them on their backs or beat them up in the clinch.

It took him being able to apply skiils everywhere to beat the best of the best and to suggest otherwise is pure trolling. Does that mean his body was not key to his success once he adapted his skill to it. Sure. No different than Fedor's was key to his success as he had adapted his style to it. There is no reason to believe Fedor with Schilts or Struve's build would have been more successful. HIs build was key to his success and no one suggests he was not skilled because he used his body style to win too.

Back