Is Jon Jones beating his opponents at LHW with his skill or his size?

It's both in my opinion.. the skill and the size / athleticism and real good fight IQ and confidence.

Jones beating DC is proof that being taller, bigger is not skill and you win due to size.

DC beating the HW he fought is proof that being taller, bigger is not an advantage and you can lose due to size.

Jones has adapted skills to fight were many lanky guys typically struggled in the past. His inside clinch game wrecks the more stocky grappler types when in the past getting to clinch and out muscling the lanky guys was a key to victory.

It is funny how people making this argument talk out of both sides of their mouth to do it. Jones beat DC not with skill but by being 'bigger' and yet DC beat how many 'bigger' HW's??

<bball1> so are we agreeing Jones didnt win because of his size or?{<huh}

This thread is no longer needed.
acutally i really dont tgive a fuck whos more well rounded, cuz its stupid ... lol, but you have never heard of MM right? cuz hes probably the most well rounded fighter, just my opininon.
And your GOAT just keeps getting bigger, pun intended. Maybe the real question is can he win without doping?

Last edited:
You are the one who pointed out he's the first to achieve that level with that body so how is he not the first to overcome? He is certainly not the first first tall, lanky fighter as for decades tall lanky fighters have been made fun of as easy submission bait or put them on their back and they get dominated.

So what makes the did first and only different if not his frame? Why does Jones succeed where Diabate and so many others failed?

You cannot point to his frame otherwise...

So could it be a skill differential?
So now defend your boy toy and the fact he is forever in the Cyborg category for failing drug tests.

So when you look at his high profile fights against top 5 caliber opponents, he had the most trouble with Gustafsson (tall and has reach), OSP (tall and has reach) and DC (short, but very high skilled)

Jones hasn't done well when matched against similar sized opponents.
agreed

size or no size, you got to have advanced top level mixed martial arts skills to beat the people on Jones's roster.

how the fck are you going to beat Daniel Cormier otherwise?

Looks like your GOAT got even bigger....
As I said upthead i've never liked Jones. Always seen him as the male Ronda Rousey personality wise. And I was anxiously awaiting his fall so if you think your post stings me you're an idiot.

Something idiot trolls cannot understand is that you can dislike a fighter in every way and yet still not jump on every idiotic troll post about him. I actually had a troll ask me many years ago 'why are you defending the guy if you dislike him' as if for that reason alone I should just go along with every mistruth or stupid statement about him.

Grow up.

As I said upthead i've never liked Jones. Always seen him as the male Ronda Rousey personality wise. And I was anxiously awaiting his fall so if you think your post stings me you're an idiot.

Something idiot trolls cannot understand is that you can dislike a fighter in every way and yet still not jump on every idiotic troll post about him. I actually had a troll ask me many years ago 'why are you defending the guy if you dislike him' as if for that reason alone I should just go along with every mistruth or stupid statement about him.

Grow up.
smh....k

You use the word troll way too much bruh

That is just the diamond class package you get when you are training under Greg Jackson's team

it's called, doing everything you can to win.

Including drugs and more drugs

Back