is it safe to mention that you're MMA fan during job interview?

SoundHawk

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
as the title say, would that hurt you if you mentioned it?

also don't forget to mention that Diaz won 1,2,5 rounds

If interviewer has UFC action figures in his office, you're good to go.

I tell people I train and that I will hurt them if I don't get the job.

I'd make sure to say you're a fan of "Martial Arts" and not "Ultimate Fighting". One is a lot safer than the other to say in an interview IMO.

Make sure to let them know your a Sherbro

I tell people I train and that I will hurt them if I don't get the job.
bc92f3a127962208c22dd74c7ceb78d90d70e92f22d3ea81f3c90360426351a1.jpg

I used to say I played football during a job interview and it always helps to say you have a hobby and even saying that you support a team or a fan of a sport helps too. But I wouldn't say that I was a mma fan in a job interview. Your just saying to the job interviewer that your into violence and it would go against you in an interview.

Depends. Ask the interviewer how they feel about Meryl Streep first before you go there.

hmmm I dunno if I'd word it like that but when people in interviews ask what hobbies I have I tell them I box, train BJJ/MMA etc. I think the word 'fan' has different connotations.

To Be seriously honest a lot of people still think of it as some barbaric Neanderthal bloodsport and will think less of you for watching it

I just tell them I train UFC right before I lift my sleeve and show them my tribal tattoo. I've gotten every job I ever interviewed for.

Not only would I say I'm a fan, I would get up and show them some moves. A bit shadow boxing then RNC one of them maybe.

Rule of thumb, never volunteer anything in an interview unless you're DEAD SURE it will go over well.

I interview a lot of people and my advice would be no. There's a risk that the interviewer has a negative opinion of human cockfighting.

In general you want to avoid controversial topics. Don't say you're a Trump supporter. Don't say you hate Trump. Don't say Kanye West is an idiot. They might think he's great. Now, the one exception is if they say it first. If the interviewer says, "well I'll make this quick because I want to get home to watch Conor get knocked out" then you know it's safe to talk about.

Besides, being a fan is not a hobby. A hobby is if you train in martial arts, play basketball, go mountain biking, etc.

Watching something and posting about it on a forum is not a hobby that will earn you any respect.

ehh, i'd honestly not mention that. anything related with violence isn't a good idea when you're trying to make a good first impression. feel free to bring it up after you're hired, though.

I don't tell anyone. I watch UFC alone in the dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back