is it safe to mention that you're MMA fan during job interview?

That depends. Some people strongly dislike MMA and MMA fans. They think it's barbaric. Golf and polo are real sports for real gentlemen.

It sounds like something DanTheWolfman would do.

I take that back, he would tell them he is a MMA Fighter (not a fan), and then name drop all of the people he knows, and make the interview about himself rather than the job.

I forgot to mention, during a somewhat interview for a writer that needed to know something about MA and his only experience was one BJJ class, the smug guy who started smirking and stuff talking about how he was too deadly for MMA because he did a Google search and found out that MMA was not a fight to the death and stuff. It took a lot of power not to kick this guy's ass who was in his 50s with a dad bod and had never been in a fight in his life.

That depends. Some people strongly dislike MMA and MMA fans. They think it's barbaric. Golf and polo are real sports for real gentlemen.

Polo is the most retarded shit i've ever seen, i had the displeasure to sit through a game and i got the feeling everyone knew it sucked but they were there anyway, everyone watching was either family or friends of the people involved in it, nobody really gives a shit who wins or what happens

Riding horses to hit a ball with a stick, what a waster of the horse's time

When asked about hobbies I tell them that I train and have had some amateur MMA experience. I've always gotten positive response. I say that I'm very competitive, and view MMA as one of the most pure form of competition that exists today which is why I partake.

I've been married for 8 years now, my wife doesn't even know I watch mma. don't mention it, ever

Honestly I wouldn't even say anything.

Just walk in and put the interviewer in a triangle choke

as the title say, would that hurt you if you mentioned it?
honestly if you're going to be that stupid, you might as well take it up to 11
giphy.gif

As a (very) successful business owner, I am FAR more likely to hire a WWE fan instead of an MMA fan. WWE fans tend to be more mature and level-headed from what I've noticed.

The interviewer generally figures out i'm into human cockfighting when i fill the room with uppercuts during the interview.
Also make sure you mention what belt level you have attained here on Sherdog. Being a black belt or higher will increase your chances of getting the job, and mention you're a plat member (even if you're not) so you dont sound poor.

Please tell us about one time you were in a tough situation and you found a quality solution to the problem?

I own the UFC hotdog brander. Did you know the hamburger brander is out now?

as the title say, would that hurt you if you mentioned it?

Why would that even come up ? Personally, Id leave it out as some people still find it barbaric and Im of the opinion that Id rather give them less chances to find faults with me.

"Trains UFC" is prominently featured on my résumé.

honestly if you're going to be that stupid, you might as well take it up to 11
giphy.gif
To be honest admitting you like pro wrestling would probably go over better.

Although a few months ago you might have got some brownie points for admitting you liked Ronda Rousey.

Just say you're into martial arts. It lets the interviewer know you have an interest/hobby and doesn't automatically invoke an image of cage fighting in their mind.

Unless you know the interviewer is also a fan, no, don't share it.

Back