is it safe to mention that you're MMA fan during job interview?

What a stupid question.

Most of the time it will be negatively perceived.

It may in some minority cases, help you if the interviewer is an MMA fan.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that the weighted-benefits of talking about it are negative.

question is...........whhyyy would it come up in an interview?

Unless your interviewing for a security gig, bouncer, cop or something....unless it's relevant to your occupation I wouldn't bring it up. Especially if you're interviewing for a desk job or something.

I wouldn't tell em. I got embarrassed when my mom looked at my pc when I had Sherdog open on screen.

I wouldn't tell em. I got embarrassed when my mom looked at my pc when I had Sherdog open on screen.

You denied Sherdog?, damn that is cold, never deny Sherdog, you ever stop to think how Jeff Sherwood the visionary gave us sanctuary here and be thankful

You denied Sherdog?, damn that is cold, never deny Sherdog, you ever stop to think how Jeff Sherwood the visionary gave us sanctuary here and be thankful

She thought it was some gay gigolo recruitment site I didn't know what to do

It probably ok, I mean who doesn't like martial arts?

The real answer to this is:

Yes, it is safe to mention. Because you may find out during the interview that a lot of people who work there are MMA fans after you say you are. And they might like you more because they know you will get along with everyone. And if they aren't, well you just dodged a bullet by not having to work with a bunch of idiots who think it's human cock fighting.

Sure, please do. Anything that makes the weeding out process easier is a good thing, a very good thing...

I'd play it safe, so no.

Then again, MMA is much less popular and accepted where I'm posting from than in the US. The "human cawkfighting" stigma lives on over here.

I have absolutely no idea why you would need to bring this up.

If I'm ever asked in a job interview about my interests, and I say sport, and they ask 'what sports', when it comes to MMA I just casually brush it aside by saying 'I like combat sports, too'. Cage-fighting is a fucking niche sport man, a lot of people will recoil from you when you tell them you like it.

Why the fuck would the thought of mentioning mma even cross your mind

{<huh}

Given the audience the UFC caters to, I'd say it's probably not a good idea.

I told someone that, and he (the boss) told he is a fan too, and i got the offer

Fill the room with Uppercuts...

and you'll start your new job on monday..

Back