Is it must to use weight lifting belt while exercise ?

The guy just says so without any source.

Belts make your abs and back work less and support the spine. You're not engaging more muscles by having support vs not.

I mean he even says it gives them more support than normal so you can do more work. You need a lifting belt once you've properly trained your core by lifting without one first.

All quotes from the article I already posted earlier in this thread.

Claim is that the spinal errectors will work less thoroughly with the belt

"
Moving on to squats, one study utilizing a maximal isometric leg-dominant lift in untrained people found 18% higher spinal erector EMG activity when using a belt.

Another utilizing squats with 60% 1rm found 23% higher EMG activity in the spinal erectors when wearing a belt.

Finally, two studies with well-trained subjects (8rm squat of at least 125.5kg or 1.6x bodyweight in one, and 1rm of 156kg and 1.8x bodyweight in the other) found no meaningful difference between spinal erector EMG activity when squatting with or without a belt with an 8rm load or a 90% 1rm load, while one found a small decrease when squatting a 90% load with a belt."

Doesn't seem supportive of erector spinae being less active in general with the belt.

As for abs.

"Starting with the deadlift, one study utilizing a maximal isometric back-dominant lift in untrained people found slight (nonsignificant) increases in rectus abdominis (“six pack”) activity and decreases in external oblique activation when wearing a belt.

Another study utilizing D-1 football players lifting 12rm loads had the same findings, except that the differences did reach significance.So, wearing a belt probably increases rectus abdominis activation slightly and decreases external oblique activation slightly, relative to deadlifting beltless.

Moving on to the squat, one study utilizing a maximal isometric leg-dominant lift in untrained people found significantly (54%) higher rectus abdominis activity, and slightly (14%, nonsignificant) lower external oblique activation when wearing a belt.

Two studies in well-trained lifters (lifting 8rm loads or 90% 1rm loads) found no significant differences in external oblique activation."

The evidence seems to support an INCREASE in abdominal activity, with a slight decrease in oblique (because there's less side-to-side movement). This effect seems variable, and it's not unreasonable to think that consciously cuing to flare the olbiques might mitigate the effect.

Well go ahead and tell new lifters to use belts to squat 225 and never learn to breathe properly. Using a belt early is a horrible idea. Belts have a place but it isn't for every set. Period. When they're collapsing under 315 without a belt then they have a problem.

Strawman falacy. Nobody said you don't need to learn to brace without a belt or that you need a belt for curls. Like, seriously, jezz.

When someone is collapsing with 315 without a belt he is collapsing with 315 with a belt more than likely. Or maybe 330, but whatever, no difference there, the belt isn't the problem, is their lack of strength, and a belt can help to solve that problem faster.

That's not what you said in the post I quoted, is it?

What I quoted was simply incorrect. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post bullshit you're just guessing at.
It's the rest of my post that you cut in half which puts what you quoted in correct context. Learning to lift correctly without a belt is how you should train. Belts offer support for muscles you already know how to engage. Wearing a belt won't help you learn to engage them.

All quotes from the article I already posted earlier in this thread.

Claim is that the spinal errectors will work less thoroughly with the belt

"
Moving on to squats, one study utilizing a maximal isometric leg-dominant lift in untrained people found 18% higher spinal erector EMG activity when using a belt.

Another utilizing squats with 60% 1rm found 23% higher EMG activity in the spinal erectors when wearing a belt.

Finally, two studies with well-trained subjects (8rm squat of at least 125.5kg or 1.6x bodyweight in one, and 1rm of 156kg and 1.8x bodyweight in the other) found no meaningful difference between spinal erector EMG activity when squatting with or without a belt with an 8rm load or a 90% 1rm load, while one found a small decrease when squatting a 90% load with a belt."

Doesn't seem supportive of erector spinae being less active in general with the belt.

As for abs.

"Starting with the deadlift, one study utilizing a maximal isometric back-dominant lift in untrained people found slight (nonsignificant) increases in rectus abdominis (“six pack”) activity and decreases in external oblique activation when wearing a belt.

Another study utilizing D-1 football players lifting 12rm loads had the same findings, except that the differences did reach significance.So, wearing a belt probably increases rectus abdominis activation slightly and decreases external oblique activation slightly, relative to deadlifting beltless.

Moving on to the squat, one study utilizing a maximal isometric leg-dominant lift in untrained people found significantly (54%) higher rectus abdominis activity, and slightly (14%, nonsignificant) lower external oblique activation when wearing a belt.

Two studies in well-trained lifters (lifting 8rm loads or 90% 1rm loads) found no significant differences in external oblique activation."

The evidence seems to support an INCREASE in abdominal activity, with a slight decrease in oblique (because there's less side-to-side movement). This effect seems variable, and it's not unreasonable to think that consciously cuing to flare the olbiques might mitigate the effect.
Thanks for posting sources. I learned with old school guys who never wore belts until trying to hit PRs or 90% doubles or triples. They said learn to do it without a belt and I did. I never felt good wearing a belt until I learned to breathe and lift properly. Now it helps with heavy lifts only. I still don't wear it until at 90% or above.

I put my belt on at 225 sometimes.
Well do what works for you. My old school thoughts aren't made up by me not knowing shit. A lot of guys think this way. Seems to be more layers to it than I thought, and as always, what works best for you, do it. The belt was messing me up more than helping me when I started, so I mostly lift without it.

https://breakingmuscle.com/olympic-weightlifting/weightlifting-belts-should-you-use-one-pro-and-con

This guy explains exactly how I was taught.

Wel, the stuff you posted that was factually incorrect was definitely made up.

Wel, the stuff you posted that was factually incorrect was definitely made up.
Lol what I just posted was exactly what I was talking about. Brand new lifters are likely to miss their queues if the didn't already learn them. It's exactly what I said. If you don't know how to engage the muscles already, a belt may inhibit you. You won't engage anything properly.

There is no need to wear a belt all the time. There is a lot of discussion in the fitness community about whether you should wear a belt at all. Some people believe you should only rely on your own abilities to stabilize heavy loads. I don't intend to delve into that debate here, but I will say two things: first, under a heavy load, a belt can help reduce your odds of getting an orthopedic injury. Second, a belt will definitely aid in lifting performance.

In my opinion, a weight belt is only necessary during near the max attempts on compound lifts, definitely not when you're on a bicycle. You shouldn't wear a belt with loads that you can easily support—below 90% of your one rep max on big, barbell lifts.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lessons-in-weight-belts-how-and-why-to-use-them.html

Lol what I just posted was exactly what I was talking about. Brand new lifters are likely to miss their queues if the didn't already learn them. It's exactly what I said. If you don't know how to engage the muscles already, a belt may inhibit you. You won't engage anything properly.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lessons-in-weight-belts-how-and-why-to-use-them.html

Are you seriously still trying to retort to him calling you out for saying "Belts make your abs and back work less and support the spine. You're not engaging more muscles by having support vs not". When to wear a belt is debatable, but your statement is not. It's flat out false.

Are you seriously still trying to retort to him calling you out for saying "Belts make your abs and back work less and support the spine. You're not engaging more muscles by having support vs not". When to wear a belt is debatable, but your statement is not. It's flat out false.
Well I hadn't gone back to read it. He didn't quote that part at all. I definitely worded it wrong now that you shows it. My apologies.

Let's see the childish responses flow lol

Well I hadn't gone back to read it. He didn't quote that part at all. I definitely worded it wrong now that you shows it. My apologies.

Let's see the childish responses flow lol
More childish than arguing over something for ages bc you couldn't remember what you said even though it's literally written on a msg board right in front of your eyes?

More childish than arguing over something for ages bc you couldn't remember what you said even though it's literally written on a msg board right in front of your eyes?
Like I said, I should have checked. I said I'm sorry. Plz don't be mean to me. I don't know if I can handle that kind of rejection :(

You guys like cake?

Somewhat. Lately whenever I eat anything the taste is intense, So I just taste a bunch of sugary shit and its not enjoyable. I'm just happy flesh of the dead tastes delicious.

You guys like cake?

As long as it's butter free, I'm allergic to cows milk and it makes me shit blood with eczema on my johnson.

Really helped me with my diet since it started tho.

Well do what works for you. My old school thoughts aren't made up by me not knowing shit. A lot of guys think this way. Seems to be more layers to it than I thought, and as always, what works best for you, do it. The belt was messing me up more than helping me when I started, so I mostly lift without it.

https://breakingmuscle.com/olympic-weightlifting/weightlifting-belts-should-you-use-one-pro-and-con

This guy explains exactly how I was taught.
Lucky, you never did post your old school lifting stats. Just curious, what were your best numbers back in the day?

Lucky, you never did post your old school lifting stats. Just curious, what were your best numbers back in the day?
I said I learned from old school lifters. Never said I was good or bad. Nice try, though. I'm only 30.

Back