Is it must to use weight lifting belt while exercise ?

belt not required (wearing an inzer shirt, ironically)

IMG_0109.jpg

How is him wearing an Inzer singlet ironic at all?

Most people lift more weight, move the bar faster, and achieve higher levels of muscle activation during squat and deadlift with a belt. All those things tend to produce greater adaptation. Article I posted goes over it pretty comprehensively.

How is him wearing an Inzer singlet ironic at all?
inzer is a well known belt brand and in the example i used of him lifting without a belt, he's wearing an inzer shirt, not an inzer belt. no?

inzer is a well known belt brand and in the example i used of him lifting without a belt, he's wearing an inzer shirt, not an inzer belt. no?

Inzer makes many different pieces of powerlifting equipment/apparel.

Also, it's a singlet, not a shirt. They're not the same.

I'm still not quite catching the irony part, though.

Inzer makes many different pieces of powerlifting equipment/apparel.

Also, it's a singlet, not a shirt. They're not the same.

I'm still not quite catching the irony part, though.
Yeah but in the context of what we're discussing its like i said "here see you don't need a belt" but he's still wearing an inzer (singlet, not belt)...nothing?

That article's a huge pile of shit. I read the first paragraph and had to quit.

I love how the author says, "if someone aims to get strong and doesn't wear a belt, they're a fucking idiot."
Yeah and highlighted it in bold to make it extra convincing!

Would you people PLEASE read The Belt Bible article that someone posted before. Becouse, you know, to become stronger wearing a belt is a really fucking great idea... and not wearing is not.

Holy fuck this is super wrong.
Well go ahead and tell new lifters to use belts to squat 225 and never learn to breathe properly. Using a belt early is a horrible idea. Belts have a place but it isn't for every set. Period. When they're collapsing under 315 without a belt then they have a problem.

Proper breathing is to take a large diaphragmatic breath, and push out against the abs while expanding the obliques, keeping the rib cage down. The belt reinforces those cues.

Here's a guy who can DL a thousand fucking pounds teaching breathing cues for lifting. You'll notice it's the EXACT same cues that would push your trunk against the belt.

Well go ahead and tell new lifters to use belts to squat 225 and never learn to breathe properly. Using a belt early is a horrible idea. Belts have a place but it isn't for every set. Period. When they're collapsing under 315 without a belt then they have a problem.
That's not what you said in the post I quoted, is it?

What I quoted was simply incorrect. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post bullshit you're just guessing at.

once again, the basic breathing pattern for bracing with a weight (as opposed to the hollowed position optimal for doing gymnastic holds) will expand the diaphragm and obliques, which would push directly against the belt.

Back