Is it must to use weight lifting belt while exercise ?

really weird answers your getting huh TS? it even looks like you getting trolled.

well...belts are great, but you dont really need them.
You dont need belt to do curls.

use them in your heavy lifts and heavier sets. you can lift more weight using a belt.
But you need a good one. search for powerlifting belt...inzer is a good brand.

and do your research.

Sorry Guy's for posting my question in the wrong forum
still thank you guy's for helping me with your experience opinion
Though i m looking to have a weight lifting belt from
http://rdxsports.com/fitness/lifting-belts
its looks very nice and price are reasonable and its a famous brand what you guy's say about this ?

I say read the thread I posted, and choose a belt from one of the trusted brands listed in that thread.

Last edited:
I'm really weak but I don't use one. obviously i imagine you lfit a little bit more with a belt (as long as the core/lower back is the weakness) but why would you generally use one? Doesn't it limit the developement of core strength it's like becnhing xy lbs but one with a "spotter" who's basically lifting the weight for you.

I can see how someone who's really strong might use one at an advanced stage where the weight is really a lot and possibly dangerous but if someone like me whose deadlift max is maybe 270lbs uses one then you obviously aren't going to become really strong.

I'm pretty sure its been proven that the belt does not impinge on the strength development of your core as much as people say it does. There is definitely a benefit to using the belt in that it helps to ensure proper intra-abdominal pressure when performing the lifts.

The increase of internal pressure caused by the belt could also cause Varicoceles, mostly occurring in the left testicle. It's essentially spider veins but in the veins directly connected to testicular tissue. They prevent the testicle from cooling down because of the warm blood build up, and this can cause atrophy, pain, and infertility if left unchecked. Luckily, fixing this issue isn't difficult. It involves an out-patient procedure called a Varicocelectomy, performed by a Urologist. It's has a recovery time of a few weeks, but there's a solid 15% chance of a Hydrocele developing from the surgery, which is a fluid build up in the testicular lining where the surgery was performed, caused by improper re-absorption of the tied off veins. Keep this in mind.

No, not at all. But they will help you lift more
IMO.

I squat and diddly over 500# and don't use a belt or sleeves.

People talk like wearing a belt is an all-or-nothing proposition. I don't wear one during most lifts but do during heavy triples or doubles or testing a 1RM.

belt not required (wearing an inzer shirt, ironically)

IMG_0109.jpg

there are reasons to not use a belt...i wont go into that....most people should use a belt AT ALL TIMES for squats and presses...deadlifts are a little tricky because you have to have the right belt to get anything out of it but if you do you will actually get stronger (on all three lifts)when you do use one(intra abdominal pressure)and lift more

there are reasons to not use a belt...i wont go into that....most people should use a belt AT ALL TIMES for squats and presses...deadlifts are a little tricky because you have to have the right belt to get anything out of it but if you do you will actually get stronger (on all three lifts)when you do use one(intra abdominal pressure)and lift more
Wat?

Back