Is eating fruits and vegetables ethical?

El anciano

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a vegan because it is clearly unethical to eat meat. Nobody really denies that. It's just so some people can't resist the taste.

However I have been thinking lately that eating fruits and vegetables maybe wrong as well. After all plants and vegetables are alive too.

Does anybody know if there are efforts underway to make non-organic Foods that are both tasty and healthy? I would love to be able to eat only things that never lived.

might as well eat humans.

Try eating dirt... Then again dirt has lots of living microbes, fungus and bacteria in it. You'd be better off grubbing on some rocks. With any luck you may choke on it.

The question is...can we eat artificial intelligence. I say just wait for that shit to develop emotions and then get out the fork and knife.

It's perfectly ethical to eat fruit.

1. Fruit drop off plants and are not independent, complete organisms on their own.

2. Fruit is meant to be eaten. It's how plants reproduce - mammals and birds eat fruit in the wild then poop out the seeds. Everybody wins.

TS, what if a girl you really liked wanted to swallow. do you find that ethical?

Holy fux i hope you're trolling

Vegan is about as practical as it's going to get. Even that I couldn't sustain since I'm very reliant on other people's cooking.

I remember reading that Gandhi tried a fruitarian diet (fruits + nuts), but suffered some serious health effects. The compromise has to be in the middle for an ethical eater, and it's probably vegetarianism at this point.

I'm a vegan because it is clearly unethical to eat meat. Nobody really denies that. It's just so some people can't resist the taste.

However I have been thinking lately that eating fruits and vegetables maybe wrong as well. After all plants and vegetables are alive too.

Does anybody know if there are efforts underway to make non-organic Foods that are both tasty and healthy? I would love to be able to eat only things that never lived.

Settle down, Beavis. You're going to extremes there.

Don't feed the troll anything living.

Vegan is about as practical as it's going to get. Even that I couldn't sustain since I'm very reliant on other people's cooking.

I remember reading that Gandhi tried a fruitarian diet (fruits + nuts), but suffered some serious health effects. The compromise has to be in the middle for an ethical eater, and it's probably vegetarianism at this point.
Thats what am afraid of at this point. I just hope it changes in my lifetime

I've met people whose ethical and/or religious beliefs (particularly Rastafarians) who adhere to this. They see vegetables as having a right to live same as animals. As a result, their diets exist almost entirely of fruit (and sometimes nuts/seeds) as fruit's purpose is to deliver seeds by being eaten. Similar to lacto-ovo-vegetarians but without the exploitation of bees, chickens and dairy animals.

Randy+orton+pyro+guy+randy+does+not+know+how+to_86c1fd_4312880.gif

Stopped reading after the first sentence.

My steak last night was amazing!

Back