Is eating fruits and vegetables ethical?

I'm a vegan because it is clearly unethical to eat meat. Nobody really denies that. It's just so some people can't resist the taste.

However I have been thinking lately that eating fruits and vegetables maybe wrong as well. After all plants and vegetables are alive too.

Does anybody know if there are efforts underway to make non-organic Foods that are both tasty and healthy? I would love to be able to eat only things that never lived.

I think eating fruits is evil because it is cannibalism.
f1fdbfe74739d569025b387805f8cff8.jpg

I've met people whose ethical and/or religious beliefs (particularly Rastafarians) who adhere to this. They see vegetables as having a right to live same as animals. As a result, their diets exist almost entirely of fruit (and sometimes nuts/seeds) as fruit's purpose is to deliver seeds by being eaten. Similar to lacto-ovo-vegetarians but without the exploitation of bees, chickens and dairy animals.

So do they shit in a field or a toilet?

ndt-shaking-head_zpsi7d2hxh9.gif

In order for us to live, other things have to die. It's been like this for billions of years. Just accept it and move on.

So do they shit in a field or a toilet?

Everyone should be pooping their seeds in their yard instead of toilet. People ought to know that we are all connected here on earth and pooping in your yard keeps this circle of life going. Shame on people who poop in toilets.

Everyone should be pooping their seeds in their yard instead of toilet. People ought to know that we are all connected here on earth and pooping in your yard keeps this circle of life going. Shame on people who poop in toilets.

Hmmm So now I know my neigbors are naturalists

I'm a vegan because it is clearly unethical to eat meat. Nobody really denies that. It's just so some people can't resist the taste.

However I have been thinking lately that eating fruits and vegetables maybe wrong as well. After all plants and vegetables are alive too.

Does anybody know if there are efforts underway to make non-organic Foods that are both tasty and healthy? I would love to be able to eat only things that never lived.

I find it unethical to not eat meat.

It's perfectly ethical to eat fruit.

1. Fruit drop off plants and are not independent, complete organisms on their own.

2. Fruit is meant to be eaten. It's how plants reproduce - mammals and birds eat fruit in the wild then poop out the seeds. Everybody wins.

So only eating meat from things that died of natural cause would be OK?

So only eating meat from things that died of natural cause would be OK?

What? I don't know, I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian. I'm literally eating some beef jerky at this very moment. I was just responding to the TS to say there is nothing conceivably unethical about eating fruit.

Why are you putting the onus on me to argue when or if eating meat can be ethical?

I do occasionally.
Only women, though.
Somehow, manmeat does not appeal to me.

the meat of a man
I now have mine in my hand
do you understand?

#haikubattlestyle

Neither, but I wasn't sure what your point was, just wanted to clarify.

Obligatory: thisescalatedquickly.jpg

LOL. I was too lazy to say something smart or good.
So that pic had to do it.

Back