Is Conor teasing the rematch ?

Tony should get step aside money like in boxing if they make this rematch, Personally i would like to see both fights and don't mind which is first providing tony gets a guaranteed shot at the winner, Would like khabib to put a final nail in the coffin and shut up all the idiots saying conor was just "off" that night,

Look at his chest - clear staph signs....... hes hinting he was sick during the fight

Khabib head clean off rematch

Lol, what the hell is this? Conor clearly looks Khabib right in the eyes both at the start of the gif and then in the middle (when he ducks his head). Conor then looks around to take in the biggest MMA event in history, which he helped to create.

It was a good win for Khabib but by no means a destruction and almost certainly his toughest fight. He lost round 3 and looked flat. Round 2 he tried his best to finish Conor and couldn't. Conor saw them coming and Khabib was mostly hitting arms while flailing madly for the finish. After he caught Conor with the overhand, he charged forward with the flying knee and missed entirely, finding himself against the cage getting barraged.

Again, it was a good win for Khabib, managed to tire Conor and secure the choke. But by no means a destruction. The Barboza fight was a destruction. This was not the Barboza fight as much as you want it to be.
No he doesn't look Khabib in the eyes, this fight is so big bc only of him (conir), so much is true.

He lost Round 3, his toughest win??? are you serious, he gave conor round 3 and his fight with Iaquinta was way more though

Well I'll give Conor one thing he has balls, I think the second fight would be closer again as they have extra stuff to work on now, I still think he'd lose but id never say he doesn't stand a chance, a couple of adjustments and a hard shot could land.

Look at his chest - clear staph signs....... hes hinting he was sick during the fight

sorry but he has already used that excuse for the first diaz fight

i dont see anything in the video

Lol, what the hell is this? Conor clearly looks Khabib right in the eyes both at the start of the gif and then in the middle (when he ducks his head). Conor then looks around to take in the biggest MMA event in history, which he helped to create.

This was not the Barboza fight as much as you want it to be.

He didnt have the balls to keep staring.

Not a destruction but your boy got smeshed and humbled.

Right after the fight, I had a long chat with a friend about it and what adjustments Conor could make. My friend suggested that Conor's best bet is to actually get in Khabib's face and tee off. He's eventually going to get taken down, so instead of fearing it, the best thing to do is push forward, get Khabib out of his comfort zone, pressure, and trade shots. I agreed with his analysis. If Conor can do this, Khabib will eventually get caught.

What's interesting is that a few days later Kavanaugh appeared on Rogan's podcast and basically (paraphrased) said "I feel I drilled defense too much with Conor. We were too concerned with not losing and should have been more offensive." So I think Kavanaugh came to the same conclusion my friend came to. We saw a bit of this when Conor came at Khabib right out the gate. You could see a clear "wtf" demeanor on Khabib. He was bewildered and out of his element. As the fight progressed, Conor became more and more fearful of the takedown, backing up, ceding space, and getting pushed to the cage. That is when Khabib is in his element. So it's a matter of not allowing that to happen again. Sure, drill TDD, drill BJJ to recover on the bottom -- BUT that should be the plan B. Plan A should be "put the pressure on Khabib and force him to trade". I think Plan A in the first fight was "Play safe, throw when there are openings, but do not get taken down." The focus was on NOT getting taken down as opposed to pressuring Khabib and making Khabib think about how to react about fire coming his way. I think if there is a rematch, the emphasis will be on the latter.

Put in terms of war, Khabib had to charge over open ground. Conor was sniping and retreating to get space and keep sniping. In a rematch, Conor's best bet would be to unload suppressive fire (machine guns and artillery) to make every step Khabib takes forward dangerous, to make him worry about many angles and options at all times.
If conir listen to your friend or kavanaugh, he will lose even worse. If he pressures, he will be taken down, way easier than it was. I can see him winning being patient, moving backwards and boxing, countering.
He shouldn't in any way give khabib the chance to get a hold of him.

Zero defenses at 145 because he said fuck that weight cut..unlike Khabib. He moved up and smoked the champ then the 100mil fight came. Anybody would take that fight.

Then he came back and fought Khabib. I dont see him ducking anybody
He did the best to earn money and im ok with that, indeed happy for him.
But i can not see him as a fighter like Diego, Guida, fuck not even like chuck or werdum.

Conir is doing the right thing to get money but he is far away from being a fearless fighter.

Lol. It’s a big ugly tattoo on his chest, not a staph infection.

As a Conor fan I have to admit I dont believe he wants the rematch. If he wanted to fight he should have fought the hands

Not necessarily, the fight was had become unwinnable at that point, even if he somehow survives the 4th, he had nothing left in the tank to get a finish so the best case scenario is you'd survive to a decision whilst taking a lot more damage. The prudent decision when a fight becomes unwinnable is to call it a day and focus on the next fight and avoid any further unnecessary damage that might delay your return.

Conor is 2 and 3 in his last 5 fights if you include the Floyd fight. If the Khabib fight was close, or at some time during the fight it looked like Khabib might loose I would say there might be a case for a rematch but it was one sided. There is no needed for a immediate rematch.

No reason for a rematch.. it should be Tony vs Khabib..

But this talk of a HUGE beating Conor got is a pretty big exaggeration.. he got beat up in the 2nd a bit.. then gave up and tapped out in the 4th

Took far less dmg then Ferguson or Pettis in the co main..

It was domination for sure but hardly a bad beating by MMA standards

What the hell are posts like this? You are suggesting Conor to do something COWARDLY and easy and saying he is too arrogant not to. He wants to avenge his loss, PERIOD. Even if it's a bad matchup. You have to admire that, as long as you are not a coward yourself.

He wants money!

Conor is 2 and 3 in his last 5 fights if you include the Floyd fight. If the Khabib fight was close, or at some time during the fight it looked like Khabib might loose I would say there might be a case for a rematch but it was one sided. There is no needed for a immediate rematch.

Who the fuck counts the Floyd fight? It's totally irrelevant to MMA

He should fight Diaz again.. winner can fight Tony or Khabib

Unless Lee looks amazing vs AL

Back