Is Conor still in his physical prime?

He would be but the ass whoopings in both nate fights and 9 rounds eating punches from Floyd + all the cocaine and alcohol and whippets apparently, really took it's toll on the guy. It's visibly noticeable, kinda a shame too like em or not he's a good fighter and always puts on a show. Hope he doesn't whittle away whats left of his prime.

He does look a bit haggard recently.

It's probably booze and sun damage.

Trash talk performances aside, one thing that really struck me when watching last night's presser was how aged Conor looked. This wasn't drained, on-the-scales Conor. And no, it isn't the beard or the hairline. I'm talking about his face and eyes in particular, which are sagging, and tired-looking.

Screen-Shot-2018-09-20-at-22.46.27.png

He's just 30, but sitting next to Khabib, who is the same age, he looked decidedly worn out and faded. Obvious explanation: One does coke(?), drinks and is known for partying hard with his buddies, the other doesn't even drink alcohol. That shit catches up to you.

220px-Zabit_magomedsharipov.jpg

Zabit is just 27, doesn't smoke or drink and he looks even older than Conor.

Is Zabit past his prime too?

Conor has never pulled out of a fight or missed weight. Khabib has pulled out of several. Recently during a weight cut because of lack of blood flow to his liver. Just worry about your boy making weight. Because Conor will be there on Oct 6.
Habib.0.jpg

Remember when conor got himself pulled from ufc 200 cos he was scared of nate? And tried to get banned by attacking the bus cos he's scared of khabib? And reportedly got pulled from fighting tony, by attacking a bellator official?

Super solid guy

If he really did spend a large part of the last two years with drugs and alcohol then it probably took a toll on his body.

Would be a shame because he would have indeed wasted a good chunk of his prime years.

He is still in better shape than most humans though. Whether or not that will be enough for top level MMA remains to be seen.

He wasted from 28-30. Those are definitely some of your prime years in MMA. Especially for a fighter that ages fast.
It could even out a bit because he also has not taken that much trauma or got injured in those years though. It's still a waste. We will have to wait and see how it turns out for him.

220px-Zabit_magomedsharipov.jpg

Zabit is just 27, doesn't smoke or drink and he looks even older than Conor.

Is Zabit past his prime too?

I believe that's the "I been milk goat 3 AM every day since 4 year old I been for make family eating" look.

Are you sure? )) Are you a genetist or what? :D

One guy from Austria disagrees with you, for sure.

Conor clearly has viking genes, like many Irish people (I'm Norwegian myself, so I know a fair bit about what the vikings got up to over there). Viking genes are of course magnificently awesome for fighters (and everyone else, I should add).

Hard to say if Conor's viking genes are past their prime or not, though. Vikings lived to an average age of, ahem, 27.

Irish skin tends to age terribly. Probably mostly due to sun damage and drug use.

You leave your physical prime around your mid 20s but as an overall competitor a lot of athletes are in their primes in their late 20s early 30s because they have more experience before their bodies really start to break down. We shall see, he's always looked old for his age, pasty people usually age bad and the beard makes him look old too

If you are talking about your physical prime and not just MMA prime as in skill and experience, plenty of track and field athletes have set world records and personal bests in their 30’s.

Conor clearly has viking genes, like many Irish people (I'm Norwegian myself, so I know a fair bit about what the vikings got up to over there). Viking genes are of course magnificently awesome for fighters (and everyone else, I should add).

Hard to say if Conor's viking genes are past their prime or not, though. Vikings lived to an average age of, ahem, 27.

They lived up to 27 because they were fighting against their enemies. And were not sitting at home and mixing with other people like today.
I bet they were living a much better life than them todays leftist clowns (which honestly are still carring their genes, but with MUCH MUCH foocked up mentality than their ancestors').

His lifestyle and beatings have taken their toll

Screen_shot_2018_09_20_at_11_10_48_PM.png

Screen_shot_2018_09_20_at_10_48_32_PM.png

Hard to believe this is Conor just a couple years ago... he looked like a kid!

B6f_BGpa_IAAE5_Ew_H.jpg
Conor looks fine in those first few pictures, bro. Definitely more healthy than in that last one. Not sure what you're getting at here.... but you missed the mark

Back