Is Colby Covington the next big superstar?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
With a win over Woodley I feel like he could become mainstream

He has the right polarizing personality and social media presence to take that next step

FrayedRemarkableIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

No.

He is one-dimensional, boring, and obnoxious.

And a snitch.

Is this the best you could come up with today

Kevin Lee went around doing his McGregor routine and was supposed to be the next star, and then him and Tony did about 200k ppv buys. And Colby is even less entertaining than him.

I vote no.

He thinks he's the big cheese.

You know, because his name is Colby.

Biggest problem with Conor is the amount of imitators.
Conor does trash talk but he also has a flashy style and well as good fundamentals. He also had the perfect folly in Jose Aldo and the whole division. Aldo was dominating and Conor was unique. He also comes across more natural with his talk and being Irish he has pretty much a whole country and anyone part Irish jump on him.

We are seeing fighters now trash talk to sell fights and coming up with some cringe worthy stuff. (Johnson in lead up to Gajthe) or fighters that aren’t natural talkers (Rockhold vs Weidman at the presser was embarrassing. And everything Colby says)

There’s also a lot more instances of flashy style fighters coming in. They come in with a bit of hype because they land a few spinning heel capoeira kicks on the regional circuits but that stuff doesn’t work in higher competition if you only have that.

Fighters should just be themselves. Works for GSP, Diaz bros, Bisping and most other bigger names, hell I don’t like him much but does anyone think Perry is saying things just to get famous? No that’s just his personality.

Colby will never be a superstar. The only reason he has fans on here is because he irks the SJW crowd and Anti SJWs bring him up to get a reaction (or generally an overreaction) from them. Once he loses he’ll disappear.

He lost his chance to be a "superstar" when he got confronted by Werdum and backed down like a little bitch.

Maybe if the video evidence didn't exist, he'd have a chance. Once you are exposed as a beta and coward, it's really difficult to breach that ceiling into stardom.

He should have at least tried to swing on Werdum and let himself get knocked the fuck out. Then at least he could still continue his act as a heel.

No, his skill set is unexciting, he himself has shown to be a nasty little prick with no self awareness and no shortage of entitlement.
None of this is going to endear him with the fanbase at large.

With a win over Woodley I feel like he could become mainstream

He has the right polarizing personality and social media presence to take that next step

I don't think so. He's not really engaging. I mean, I dislike him but not enough to go out of my way to watch his fights to see him lose or listen to his interviews or anything. He's more like a step-brother with down syndrome you just try to ignore as best you can.

Back