Is Bill Burr one of the great social commentators today?

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
He's funny. That's all.

I've tried listening to him and he's not very well learned.
It's kind of weird to make statements like that, imo. As if you're the authority on the subject...

you get angry in literally every war room thread ive seen you in, and end up just insulting people

one of the biggest crybaby bitches on this site

He's the worst poster on Sherdog.

Burr is not a great social commentator, he's just a great standup comedian.

It's just that he's so great, he makes other comedians looks like hacks.

His "i'm blind", pure crowd work/pure stand up, no one can even compare

Bill Burr is such a great stand up comedian, he can be in a room full of disgusting liberals and un-funny comedians, and you would just watch it, just for bill burr

This is the EDITED version, the 3hour version is UNWATCHABLE, b/c Rogan brings on the worst comedians, they're not even funny.

you know what they do? they make observant talking points, and because of their following, they skate on by as passable.

It's even worse when the cunts come on stage, don't get me wrong, maybe a roseann barr or some funny bitch have some good merits, but this bitches, just aren't funny, they just sound like fucking nags.

Oh, it's not like the guys are gems btw, they'll have a quip or two, but holy shit do they suck.

Again, Rogan on stage is unbearable, b/c Rogan on stage get's into his "comedy act", and he's not funny, he just makes good observations, sorta like a seinfield idiot savant.

Then you have bert, who just takes his shirt off, laughs like a retard and drinks for shits and giggles? really?

It's not like hinchcliff or stanhope add any value either, that whole 3 hour trainwreck was all just about

"what is bill gonna say next?"

I swear to God insulting Stanhope and Bert is fucking sacrilege. Burr took the show because he was drunk, rehearsing the bits from his new special, and his classic " you're all fucked" style.

If you sent this post to MMPC Burr would call you a retard for saying that.
Pretty sure Bill was the only Bernie or Bust supporter. Its easier to laugh at the shit show when you gave up on the election after the primaries. (Trust me).

like other social comedians before him, he's good at the delivery of his opinions.

makes it easy to appreciate and laugh along with him even if you dont agree with him on something.

Bill is a great comedian and has opinions I enjoy listening to, but like most comedians, he should not be taken too seriously.

I swear to God insulting Stanhope and Bert is fucking sacrilege. Burr took the show because he was drunk, rehearsing the bits from his new special, and his classic " you're all fucked" style.

If you sent this post to MMPC Burr would call you a retard for saying that.
Pretty sure Bill was the only Bernie or Bust supporter. Its easier to laugh at the shit show when you gave up on the election after the primaries. (Trust me).

Stanhope is a legendary comedian, but let's be honest here. He is a barely functioning alcoholic and substance abusing degenerate with psychological issues who contributes nothing of value to society outside of entertainment. If there is something western society does not need more of it is entertainment.

My fav comedian. Was lucky enough to see him live last year. Was on top form.

I really liked him for a while but that kinda wore off. He's still funny at times. He bores me a little when Rogan has him on

Do you listen to his bi-weekly podcast? That's always money. On youtube, i'd search "Bill Burr" + whatever issue is of interest to you. He probably has something on it. Or just search the ones with the highest views to get started.

Oh, the Election Podcast with Rogan is good too.
No, haven't heard much of his material at all. Thanks for the suggestions.

It's kind of weird to make statements like that, imo. As if you're the authority on the subject...
I don't pretend to be an authority on anything except perhaps my own profession.

But you don't need to be an expert to know the difference between someone who has formed his opinion based on facts and research versus someone who forms opinions based on little more than intuition. It's a stark and apparent difference, like the difference between science and bro-science.

Bill Burr makes me laugh, for sure, I like his stand up stuff. But listening to him speak on social or political issues is a bit mind numbing compared to listening to real intellectuals. No disrespect intended, it's just not his thing.

To be fair, I've only listened to snippets of his podcast that I found on Youtube. Maybe an hour or two's worth. But I found nothing that made me think, just a lot of stuff you might hear at the local bar.

He just plays the everyone's stupid card.

Bill Maher is top notch.

He just plays the everyone's stupid card.

Bill Maher is top notch.
Bill Maher is pretty decent, though I disagree with him politically on mostly everything.

I'm more of a Ben Shapiro guy.

I don't pretend to be an authority on anything except perhaps my own profession.

But you don't need to be an expert to know the difference between someone who has formed his opinion based on facts and research versus someone who forms opinions based on little more than intuition. It's a stark and apparent difference, like the difference between science and bro-science.

Bill Burr makes me laugh, for sure, I like his stand up stuff. But listening to him speak on social or political issues is a bit mind numbing compared to listening to real intellectuals. No disrespect intended, it's just not his thing.

To be fair, I've only listened to snippets of his podcast that I found on Youtube. Maybe an hour or two's worth. But I found nothing that made me think, just a lot of stuff you might hear at the local bar.
I challenge you to bring up any specific topic that he has a strong opinion on, because I think you're just pulling shit out of your ass and making general, uninformed assumptions (similar to what you're accusing him of).

Bill Maher is pretty decent, though I disagree with him politically on mostly everything.

I'm more of a Ben Shapiro guy.

Maher is the best. He is so unattached to the politics game. He just acts like an asshole. He's pretty smart, too.

I find Shapiro to be unfair and annoying, but the little I've seen of him was pretty straight forward stuff. He stood up to the alt right and Steve Bannon.

I challenge you to bring up any specific topic that he has an opinion on, because I think you're just pulling shit out of your ass and making general, uninformed assumptions (similar to what you're accusing him of).

I thought you were going to say similar to what I do.

I challenge you to bring up any specific topic that he has an opinion on, because I think you're just pulling shit out of your ass and making general, uninformed assumptions (similar to what you're accusing him of).
You seem really defensive.

I don't really care enough about this to argue about it. It was just my opinion.

You seem really defensive.

I don't really care enough about this to argue about it. It was just my opinion.
That's the nature of accusations. If you're going to assert a position (like, such and such person is "not well learned") then you shouldn't cower when challenged on it.

Back