Is Bill Burr one of the great social commentators today?

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
Yeah no, his standup is dogshit. Maybe it's ok if you like the "maybe if I scream my act it will be funny".
I don't think much of Rogan's standup, compared to the top guys anyway. He definitely has his screaming crutch and he's a low rent Bill Hicks a lot of the time. What he's probably the best in the world at is the casual long interview. But even then he's overbearing sometimes.

I find myself agreeing with Bill Burr more often than not. But there have been times on his podcast in which he was dead wrong about stuff. But it's funny anyway and he is definitely one of, if not the best comedian out there today.

I find myself agreeing with Bill Burr more often than not. But there have been times on his podcast in which he was dead wrong about stuff. But it's funny anyway and he is definitely one of, if not the best comedian out there today.

The problem have with Bill Burr is that he retreads a lot of topics that have been done to death by a thousand other comics. What makes Standhope and Louis CK special is that their bits are really things of themselves? Bill Burr executes well but when pick topics like gold diggers or bad drivers, you are treading on ground that has been gone over a billion times already.

The problem have with Bill Burr is that he retreads a lot of topics that have been done to death by a thousand other comics. What makes Standhope and Louis CK special is that their bits are really things of themselves? Bill Burr executes well but when pick topics like gold diggers or bad drivers, you are treading on ground that has been gone over a billion times already.
What hasn't been done before though? I love Standhope and Louis CK too. But I really like Burr's take on everything. He thinks a lot like I do. Plus, he has enough material about topics I have never heard before, like bulldogs dying nine times a night, wanting to hit women, and when he talks about how retailers only want your info so they can figure out what products you can't live without and jack up the price. They are basically trying to figure out the price elasticity of demand of all their products, which is more or less what he is saying.

Burr's a pussy. He plays safe. Like Conor's trashtalk.

Louis CK says because he has a bald head & red hair, he is an everyman; so you must support open borders & Hillary Clinton. Even though it all makes sense when Louis CK is a Washington insider born there.

I'm bumping this up because I feel stronger, more than ever, that Bill Burr's commentary really represents most Americans. We value simple, independent thought, and not being part of the mindless hordes, and that's what politics is slowly becoming. So if you're apolitical, or sick of the politics on the left or the right, have a listen.

Bill Burr is probably my favorite comedian right now, but why is this thread in the War Room?

Because he represents America more than the Right or Left.

That's a fair I guess. It just seems like this would be a better thread for Mayberry as he's not a political comedian, but I can see where you are coming from.

Last edited:
I'm bumping this up because I feel stronger, more than ever, that Bill Burr's commentary really represents most Americans. We value simple, independent thought, and not being part of the mindless hordes, and that's what politics is slowly becoming. So if you're apolitical, or sick of the politics on the left or the right, have a listen.

The internet has a lot to do with this and I'm glad we are heading in this direction. With information being so readily accessible the public will be a lot harder to manipulate.

That's a fair I guess. It just seems like this would be a better thread for Mayberry as he's not a political comedian, but I can see where you are coming from.
He does comedy on every subject. You should listen to his podcast more.

The internet has a lot to do with this and I'm glad we are heading in this direction. With information being so readily accessible the public will be a lot harder to manipulate.
Information is just one component. How you process information is the other half, and people routinely ignore or shape information for the sake of their interest group. That is something that only changes if you break off from your group.

Translation: "I've listened to one podcast"
no, he's a reg download for me, just have to always hit ff /ff /ff
if you take out the 20mins for football, the 5mins for ads, it's really just 10mins of rehashed observation.

no, he's a reg download for me, just have to always hit ff /ff /ff
if you take out the 20mins for football, the 5mins for ads, it's really just 10mins of rehashed observation.
Football season isn't year round, so I still don't get your point.

He does comedy on every subject. You should listen to his podcast more.

I don't catch everyone, but I do listen to his podcast. I've been listening to them occasionally for about the past five or six years. Most of the time I'll just go down the Youtube rabbit hole and look for clips of his recent episodes.

He does cover a lot of bases, but it's not he's far from somebody that is a political comedian like John Stewart or something like that. His opinion is more or less that of some dude that half ass keeps up with the news and current events.

He does cover a lot of bases, but it's not he's far from somebody that is a political comedian like John Stewart or something like that. His opinion is more or less that of some dude that half ass keeps up with the news and current events.
That's because your definition of political comedian is strictly someone that advocates. I want someone that advocates nothing, besides how ridiculous the collectivist mentality is on both sides, and no one seems to do that better right now than Bill Burr, imo. The mindless hordes are taking over everything, and the average politically unaffiliated person is pushed aside.

Back