Is anyone picking Chito anymore?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Ever since the beautiful KO of Aljo that O'Malley had last year, the general consensus here has become that he will smoke Chito. At least that's what I'm seeing from the Sherexperts when I'm on here.

I'm no huge Marlon fan by any stretch but he is as live a fucking dog as you can have guys. This is a super tricky fight for Sean. Chito has arguably the best striking defense at BW with also some fantastic kicks and great durability. His skill set and physical attributes make him a very tough matchup for O'Malley.

What do y'all think? Discuss..

Push comes to shove, O'Malley could even win by grappling. Now, I know he doesn't want to do that because it doesn't sell tickets, and he might lose as a result of that complacency. But end of the day, Chito pretty much has to rely on the leg nerve thing happening again. And it might, but it might not

O'Malley likely wins a striking battle, and even if he doesn't, he can get the win by grappling

I got O’Malley for the win. I thought Chito lost to Munhoz anyway and he hasn’t been as impressive as usual in his last couple of fights.
O’Malley has obviously improved leaps and bounds

Ever since the beautiful KO of Aljo that O'Malley had last year, the general consensus here has become that he will smoke Chito. At least that's what I'm seeing from the Sherexperts when I'm on here.

I'm no huge Marlon fan by any stretch but he is as live a fucking dog as you can have guys. This is a super tricky fight for Sean. Chito has arguably the best striking defense at BW with also some fantastic kicks and great durability. His skill set and physical attributes make him a very tough matchup for O'Malley.

What do y'all think? Discuss..
I know what you mean but his striking defense isn’t the best. It’s actually not that good lol. Just insane cardio and durability. Bad style match up against Sean. He has to tire him out and pressure him so hard, make it a war, so that he can finish him in the later rounds. Because we all know he’s probably not gonna take the first two rounds. And I don’t think it’s likely he wins a decision either. Has to go out there and finish him

O'malley is a star and might be full of himself. Got money and can get to comfortable. I would still pick Chito, angry and hungry, war chito

Chito has a calv kick, lucky punch and OMalley injury chance, that's about it.
He has 5 rounds to do it and has never been knocked out.
You decide how high that chance is.
Sean has a chin and Chito average power.

Everywhere else O Malley is better, younger, taller, faster improving.

80 - 20 sounds about fair

Marlon having the best striking defense at BW my ass.
He is at 51%, which is about the lowest in the top 15. He just can take a punch.

I'm picking Chito. He's never been stopped in his career and I don't see Sean doing it. In the first fight Sean won the first round with the kicks but Chito was starting to get through with some shots before Sean's leg went to sleep. I believe Sean actually had a better chance in the first fight since it was 3 rounds. Since Chito can't be stopped its a 5 round fight where Sean's heavy marijuana use and general laziness will likely play a factor in his cardio and durability. Chito takes it to a decision and beats up Sean in the last 2 rounds.

This sherexpert tells you this: ko unlikely but dec win very very very likely for the leader of the suga show

Sean was winning the first round, until the calf kick. Chito is a slow starter, but hard to finish. Chito has power and that could be the difference maker. UFC thinks Sean should win, as they booked this fight before and gave it to Sean as his first title defense. Hope Chito wins just because and my heart says Chito but head says Sean wins this fight and easily at that as well.

Not picking him per se, but since he knows the way to make the guy cry it would be just stupid to dismiss that advantage.
The thing is that Sean is in his prime now, and was still a little green in their first fight. But we all know there's a difference in their kicking game.

Vera throws kicks with brutal force and Sean has not faced anyone like him since the loss. Overall Sean may have better skills, but this one is 50/50 imo.

Chito is always a live dog there’s no doubt about that.

O’Malley gets shit on(rightfully so) for his lacklustre resume before the Aljo and Yan fights(many believe he lost to Yan) but the fact he didn’t get steamrolled by Yan like most expected and hung in there with him shows he is in fact an elite striker.

Vera is a slow starter and takes his time downloading data as seen in the Cruz fight where he was losing up until he figured out Cruz’s style and BAM a huge KO.

I think O’Malley will stay on the outside and throw a lot of kicks and long straight punches for most of the rematch while Vera will try chopping Sean’s legs and closing the distance to enter boxing range.

It’s a tough fight to call imo despite Vera already having a TKO victory over O’Malley.

Better grappling
Really? I’m not doubting you I guess I just never really saw his grappling much.

Is there a particular fight that demonstrates him on the ground?

I always had Sean ahead on the grappling side just because I’ve seen him compete in grappling matches.

Well the guys acting like he is lock to win was kinda crazy dude has eight loses.

Back