The problem with Chito still remains

Hope I don't piss anyone off but Chito strikes me as more of a Masvidal. Not really top 5 but was involved in a spectacular fight that just happened to occur with him in it. It's not likely that lightning will strike twice

Slow start

Low output.

The slow start means he often gives away R1 and sometimes even R2.

Low output is bad if it goes to scorecards. OMalley happens to have the highest striking output at bantamweight.

i’m not betting against o’malley for one reason only: ufc really wants him to win. and from what we’ve learned in the past, when ufc wants their guy to win, more often than not, it somehow happens.

Actually, when it comes to him being a champion, I have my doubts and have always had them for two main reasons:

1. He doesn't have anything truly lethal or devastating in his game that can end a fight or drastically change it in a second. Yes, he has fantastic powerful kicks, and good striking with some power, and the guy has very good grappling n bjj but there's never been an aspect of his game that someone has to truly think about in a way like, for instance no one wants to be against the cage vs Khabib or no one wants to get clipped by Pereira. You get my point. Chito has great defense, a very very good chin and overall is a good fighter because of his fundamentals and durability but doesn't separate himself in the way I mentioned above for me to truly believe in him in a fight where he needs it IMO.

2. He doesn't put out enough volume and loses rounds often because of it. Vera is a notoriously slow starter, for whatever reason, and more times than not he will lose the first round and sometimes even the second because he simply wasn't busy enough.

When I consider the above things, I then think about how Sean has true masterful counter punching ability, and his precision make him a guy who, unlike Chito has that one thing Chito will have to think about and be wary of.
Also,
if Marlon loses the first couple rounds because of not throwing enough strikes, he could become hasty in rounds 3-5 to try and force something and put himself in a precarious position for Sean to clip him.

Lastly, I don't think much of the leg thing as some of you do. I actually have no worries for Sean regarding that. That was a freak accident where his peroneal nerve got damaged suddenly and we've seen O'malley eat plenty of leg kicks since then by Yan and Aljo with zero issues. It's a non-issue for me fam.

For these reasons, my logical pick is O'Malley by KO, 2nd Round.

Good breakdown, my thoughts align pretty well with this. I've gone for a R4 KO.

Vera is tough, but almost always starts kinda sluggish. I think compared to O'Malley's boxing, Vera is a very average striker aside from his ability to 'snowball' and get better later on. However I believe if O'Malley has busted up Vera's face after a slow start, I think it will wear on Vera more than people expect.

I think he's gonna get his ears boxed off, to be perfectly honest, and I'm 100 % in agreement about leg kicks not being this mega issue. I think calf kicks can be an issue for anyone and Vera is bound to look for them, but it's not this fight ending brutal move that will break O'Malley in half, which has been the narrative ever since the first fight.

With the trash talk between them at the hotel and social media I hope we see a good fight not a boring decision. I got Sean winning but anything can happen as we've all seen.

He can be devastating with his striking, and you don't want to get clipped by him. His power doesn't seem super crazy like Alex's, but no one's really does. That doesn't mean he's not super dangerous in that area.. I don't think you're giving him enough credit, and you have to look more at his opponents.

Font was beating him easily pretty much every round but lost like all of them because Chito would land something massive that almost finished him.

Same against Cruz. Chito was getting styled on and then landed something and dropped Cruz. He landed a bit later and finished him.

Was losing against Frankie too and then Bam! Took him out.

Chito hasn't really pushed to grapple much in the UFC, despite having like 4 subs here. But look at the guys he couldn't finish with strikes and went to decisions with in the UFC. They're all guys who either have never been finished with strikes or have only been finished once or twice, and even those finishes have asterisks beside them. The only exception is Pickett, who had been KOd twice, but even that isn't much and he was pretty old by then, and Aldo, who was also pretty washed by then.

Look at these stats for those guys that Chito couldn't TKO:

Font gets a lot of shit about being chinny, but has never been TKOd in almost 30 fights.

Grant has never been KOd in 20+ fights.

Lineker has been TKOd only once in 48 fights and it was a corner stoppage.

Silva De Andrade has been TKOd only once in 34 fights, and it was also a corner stoppage.

Yadong has been TKOd twice, but once was by a guy who has 19 KOs and the other was again, a corner stoppage.

Cory, 20+ fights and never been TKOd.

Pedro, 28 fights. Never been TKOd

Aldo has been KOd 4 times, but he's been pretty washed for a while.

So, yeh, outside of Aldo, and Yadong once getting KOd by some Russian KO artist with 19 KOs, no one else has finished any of the guys that Chito couldn't by anything other than a corner stoppage.

He's pretty clearly very dangerous on the feet. It's more just that his opponents that have been crazy durable.
Good info and read sir

Chito has never been finished in his career. I know OMalley is top of food chain finisher, but besides Aldo who is known to be Chinny. The guys who finished are not even in UFC anymore. To say Chito does not have anything special is a lie. He has 1 strike KO power which is evident by his finishes. His biggest flaw is his TDD.

Even if all those points against Chito are valid, O'Malley is pretty beatable. In fact, Chito did it already.

Hope I don't piss anyone off but Chito strikes me as more of a Masvidal. Not really top 5 but was involved in a spectacular fight that just happened to occur with him in it. It's not likely that lightning will strike twice
Ah don’t worry about pissing people off my friend, you’re not saying anything crazy and clearly aren’t trying to be turd. At most there can just be disagreement

Well he wins the majority of his fights by ko or submission. Has a high finishing rate.

He’s just not busy enough which plays well against omalley.

All of those guys have volume to win s decision though. Vera does not. That makes a ton of difference.

Also, Aljo fights like that against everybody, but not everybody can capitalize like that. I never implied that Sean is a world beater, but he's the best counter puncher in the division. He's also the most accurate striker with a reach advantage to boot vs most guys. Those things also matter. I see a clearer path to victory for Sean than I do for Chito realistically. How does Vera win this fight? TD? Leg kicks ? He's gonna get slept for the first time in his career. I'll settle with a "told ya so" too lol
I’ll be waiting for it. I deserve it.

he hasn't addressed any of the problems in his game

extremely slow starter.

and what makes it frustrating is that he has good skills and KO power. just can't put it together.

Chito losing as he just simply can't do any offense. And when he does attack, it's effective.. he should just retire

Back