Impressive Wing Chun standup

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did belt colors on Sherdog equate to anything in reality?

Content of one guy training at brunos dojo in wc. Wc do not have dojos. There is without a doubt a increase in qualty from plat members here. I cannot say the same for the rest usually.

You are the only person even using the term "dojo" jackass. And "Bruno" for that matter. No one even knows wtf you're talking about with that.

Bottom line: Back up your false claims and experience with specific details on your training or about WC applcation, or shut the fuck up. You havent contributed anything to this thread or to the entire forums in general, and when asked specific questions about WC application and your actual experience you avoid it.

Quit pretending to know what you're talking about. Prove it.

Just close this goddamn thread and then ban him. Then we can go back to argue about whether or not hands up = good technical boxing.

Why argue? Hands up is better than hands down. ; )

Hands up for defense is best. That way, you have better defense because your hands are up.

Duh

Why argue? Hands up is better than hands down. ; )
I have adapted a very boxing like guard with hands up, because when I spar it tends to be with boxing gloves, but I question wether this habit is more beneficial in terms of self defence than the wing-chun positioned guard.

Before gloves were implemented in boxing, the dominant stance guard and body positioning was one more similar to that of wing-chun.
tumblr_mb29ikxSS51r5w2lto1_400.jpg

Notice how he also leans back a bit to protect his upper body, interesting stuff.

I read somewhere long ago that a lot of bare knuckle fighters, these days, have gone away from the typical "sports-boxing" high guard.

I have adapted a very boxing like guard with hands up, because when I spar it tends to be with boxing gloves, but I question wether this habit is more beneficial in terms of self defence than the wing-chun positioned guard.

Before gloves were implemented in boxing, the dominant stance guard and body positioning was one more similar to that of wing-chun.

Notice how he also leans back a bit to protect his upper body, interesting stuff.

I read somewhere long ago that a lot of bare knuckle fighters, these days, have gone away from the typical "sports-boxing" high guard.

You have stumbled upon a truth, my friend.

This is why MMA guys should really learn their boxing from old-school trainers, or even old-school karate guys, who understand that positioning beats high hands any day of the week. The only time that high hands work consistently for defense is when you're wearing great big boxing gloves, and even then, you limit your vision, your offensive opportunities, and your defensive awareness by gluing your gloves to your eyebrows.

I wish bareknuckle would make a comeback!

lol, from a running joke to undiscovered truth. Goddamn this is why i hate/love the intehnet.
BTW Discipulus, are you having a hands up melt down like me the other day? ;)

You have stumbled upon a truth, my friend.

This is why MMA guys should really learn their boxing from old-school trainers, or even old-school karate guys, who understand that positioning beats high hands any day of the week. The only time that high hands work consistently for defense is when you're wearing great big boxing gloves, and even then, you limit your vision, your offensive opportunities, and your defensive awareness by gluing your gloves to your eyebrows.

I wish bareknuckle would make a comeback!

That's probably why fighters like Lyoto Machida makes the chances of him getting hit very hard.

This discussion was already had...I was joking in my statement. Hence the ; )

This discussion was already had...I was joking in my statement. Hence the ; )

i wished the internet have a built in sarcasm detector so that people who aren't used to sarcasm can use it.....like our cup of water here ;)

Funny, looks kinda similar to wing chun no?

inb4+rustled+jimmies+_1260bf6a5caadd22fd122729e2b2ee80.png

Yipman is puttin in some of the best trolling I've seen in recent times. Good job and to everyone feeding him. Just lol.

The mustache also appears to be a key element. No one's gonna dare touch that monster bareknuckled for fear of shattering their hand.

The mustache also appears to be a key element. No one's gonna dare touch that monster bareknuckled for fear of shattering their hand.

Worked for don fry.

Though bas ruten is a hands up mma guy.

True, but Bas has never had the greatest striking. His technical ability is second to the facts that he hits real hard, throws only power shots, and fought substandard strikers. Bas was the prototypical sprawl and brawl guy, and his style worked because his opponents were wrestlers. Hell, he was brought into Pancrase in order to mix things up by having a hard hitter among the usual stable of submission grapplers.

"True, but Bas has never had the greatest striking. His technical ability is second to the facts that he hits real hard, throws only power shots,"

Explain this man...

Maybe not the more technical boxer, but top striker for sure. The difference IMO is that people today is far beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back