Impressive Wing Chun standup

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I mean. He was undeniably one of the best strikers of his time in MMA. I don't think would have fared very well against his contemporaries in the kickboxing world. Prime Bas might still be able to hang with modern MMA fighters in the heavyweight division though, based on his power and tenacity alone.

Bas was a fan of the 50-50 set ups, i.e. "am I going to hit you high or low?" And he controlled the ring pretty damn well. But I don't think he had the finesse, especially in terms of defense, needed to call him a great technician. His defense was all in using his hands to defend himself, something it's clear he derived from Kyokushin (you can see this in the way he advocates using the forearms, elbows, and ridges of the hands to defend against punches and kicks, as well as the way he parries kicks with his hands). I'd say that this was certainly better than simply sticking your hands against your head and hoping that your opponent is too stupid or too unskilled to find the obvious openings, ala Stefan Struve. But it's hardly as effective as the kind of defense that Machida and Anderson use. Bas' method forces him to defend, then counter. Machida and Anderson are all about the anticipation and the simultaneous counter. All about the sen, baby.

So, what looks like a Taekwondo guy fights a Wing Chun guy. And, there is no Rick Roll anywhere in this thread?

Ip Man vs. 10 Karate Black Belts.

Most impressive Wing Chun standup.

Loooooooooooool.

C'mon Barnowl... read the thread....
puppet_facepalm.gif

Read it was just double checking for failure of reading comprehension. His unwillingness to actual answer that question is like a BJJ student not able to tell you their training pedigree.

Read it was just double checking for failure of reading comprehension. His unwillingness to actual answer that question is like a BJJ student not able to tell you their training pedigree.

He's trolling. That's why he was writing "the nature of wc is:" then posted a troll face image. That's why he has dubs.

everyone let's just not reply to this thread and let it die down. C'mon, we can do this!

He's trolling. That's why he was writing "the nature of wc is:" then posted a troll face image. That's why he has dubs.

Ugh, true, I just hate how bad he makes the rest of us kung-fu guys look.

Its comical that only 2 people in this thread know the nature of wc and yet this thread is how many pages? People atr just terrible at life. Its no wonder the economy is in such bad shape. People try to be know it alls without knowing the nature of the subject.

Its similar with the nyse or ufc ppvs. Complain about events but pay for the event. Talk about wc yet, train 1) not in wc or 2) train in a off shoot without being taught the nature of wc.

You guys are doing it all wrong. Click the link. Train under sifus who were in the yip man lineage.

Its comical that only 2 people in this thread know the nature of wc and yet this thread is how many pages? People atr just terrible at life. Its no wonder the economy is in such bad shape. People try to be know it alls without knowing the nature of the subject.

Its similar with the nyse or ufc ppvs. Complain about events but pay for the event. Talk about wc yet, train 1) not in wc or 2) train in a off shoot without being taught the nature of wc.

You guys are doing it all wrong. Click the link. Train under sifus who were in the yip man lineage.

dave beneteau >>>>> wing chun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLRX1P0bEg

http://www.wcarchive.com/html/sifus/wing-chun-sifus-by-lineage.htm

You were training with off shots. The true lineage is listed above. Save your money and contact someone on the list next time.

I was training with off shots, there is nothing worse when you talk and talk and then you put your foot in your mouth.
the off shot was teaching in yip mans building, yip mans old school, its been in films you may have seen it.
he was a student of yip man, is that linage direct enough, you look stupid now.

I was training with off shots, there is nothing worse when you talk and talk and then you put your foot in your mouth.
the off shot was teaching in yip mans building, yip mans old school, its been in films you may have seen it.
he was a student of yip man, is that linage direct enough, you look stupid now.

Picc or it didnt happen.

Do you even train?

Curious what made the second guy so impressive...was it something he did technically..strategically, was it his physical ability (power speed timing strength toughness); I am just curious what made him so effective and/or impressive. I don't see you hand out endorsements like that often, which is why I ask.

every art has teachers, few can really apply all the techniques with absolute perfection in almost all situation without thinking.
he was fast, very powerful, very reactive, he truly new how to use the tools in wing chun and make them work.
others have the tools but dont know how to use them.

every art has teachers, few can really apply all the techniques with absolute perfection in almost all situation without thinking.
he was fast, very powerful, very reactive, he truly new how to use the tools in wing chun and make them work.
others have the tools but dont know how to use them.

It comes down to the nature of wc. Those that know it and those that dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back