Impressive Wing Chun standup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...that's what I was saying as well...it doesn't matter what "they" could do, only what YOU can do.

Seems that the guys that fight understand this well.

Ha, I know you were saying it, but Payak said it in a far more awesome way

I know you know, I was more agreeing and noting that fighters tend to agree more than those that don't fight.

Theory is theory. Reality is reality. Those that work in reality tend to have similar experiences.

Last edited:
I know you know, I was more agreeing and noting that fighters tend to agree more than those that don't fight.

Theory is theory. Reality is reality. Those that work in reality tend to have similar experiences.

I haven't sparred or anything, but it's become easy to establish what is crap and what's not.

I think TMA needs a lot of demystifying as a whole. Some people, like yip, seem to envelop themselves in this westernized karate movie ideology.

But when I see a humble guy who is passionate about his own martial art, no matter what it is, that is the best thing ever. Those are the only people I really listen to.

Payak, I always enjoy your posts but I especially like this one. What a fantastic phrase. I will use this in the future.

Ditto.

Payak, we've disagreed before, and some on this forum don't like some of the things you say. But I think you're a wise dude, and I appreciate your posts.

my direct lineage in thailand means nothing, not when the bell sounds.
cant take my masters into the ring my ignorant friend.
+1

You never hear nakmuay talking about lineages. What's important is results.

If you're going to use your list as the response for everything, you should try being familiar with the individuals on the list. Without realizing it, you just shot down the opinions of several people in the lineages you keep saying are "legitimate".

If you cant figure out yet that "the nature of wing chun" is in fact different from one sifu to the next, there's no point in continuing. But what is the nature of stupid? You've got that down pat.

Still haven't answered any details there bud, no specifics on the technical questions, no proof of your sash claims, no evidence that you've actually trained at all outside of watching videos.

You haven't trained from the lineage. Another guy trolls the thread and name drops. The nature is the same across the boardd under the yip man lineage. You say its different due to off shoots. The same logic led to the discrredit of karate until machida. The martial arts aren't bad. Karate or bjj are not bad. Its just common and there are too many off shoots and clubs with no history.

Had you trained under the authentic lineage you would know the nature of wc. I recommend contacting one of those sifus to learn the real thing.

You keep repeating the "opinions are like assholes" line, which is ironic considering you're the only one making an ass out of yourself from your opinions. You sure do like to talk, but that's really all you seem to do. You need to get over this lineage mystique and yourself before any of us will take you seriously.

Caring about what some white belt thinks is a joke. You never trained under wc yip man lineage so, you cannot offer anything.

+1

You never hear nakmuay talking about lineages. What's important is results.

So why not train from anyone? Any random stranger that deems themselves a martial artist? The same reason karate is discedited before machida is the same reason bjj is being discredited. People training others when they have no place doing so.
Its your money . Waste it how you see fit.

I pay for authentic wc yip man lineage.

Caring about what some white belt thinks is a joke. You never trained under wc yip man lineage so, you cannot offer anything.

Caring about what someone with a double and a self imposed "prodigy" thinks is a joke. You've tried offering SOMETHING but nobody wants it.

LOL. This is indeed an excellent troll job. He's got me coming back again and again because I can't tell if he's stupid or if I'm stupid for replying to his nonsense.

Yip doesn't realize that lineage is very highly regarded in BJJ.

Yip doesn't realize that lineage is very highly regarded in BJJ.

Your mistaken. Bjj is a great martial art. Lineages like gracie are brilliant. Today, people go to master brunos dojo paying some guy who just learned how to arm bar.

I am suggesting doinng research and find a club like grace bjj or machida karate or yip man wc. Anything with history, authenticity, and a true lineage.

LOL. This is indeed an excellent troll job. He's got me coming back again and again because I can't tell if he's stupid or if I'm stupid for replying to his nonsense.

The bottom line is that you have not trained under the authentic yip man lineage. For all we know, it could have been anyone from their basement. You then want to project fighting once upon a time to me when not fighter name dropping (none of whom are from the lineage). Instead of owning up to not going to a yip man lineage you want project your negative opinion on the great art of wc.

is it wrong for me to want to punch yipman in the face for keep resurrecting this pointless thread?
Also, i laugh at his website's subtitle about WC is the world's most advanced martial arts. There are still people claiming that shit?

It is clearly the most advanced because it's highest ranked students, like Yip here, are able to avoid any form of combat whatsoever--even sparring! No surer way to win than to never, ever, ever fight.

The logic is the same as dip-man's logic. If a WC school says they're the deadliest, than it must be true regardless of proof. Through his advanced training he has now learned that if he says it, it must be true.

Like Yip Man using sashes...oops wait that's not true.
Bruce Lee having a red sash...oops that's not true either.
WC being the same across all YM lineage...yea...false.
Me not knowing and training with the individuals I know...because yes...if you dont think WC is the bestest you dont know the real wc.
And finally--me not being Chinese bc I don't agree that WC is the deadliest...also...false.

I talked to my WC colleagues about this moron...even they are laughing at him. And if you have WC guys laughing at you...you've really fucking up bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back