"I'm strong but I can't lift heavy weights"

I live in the bay area where people "Thizz" (take ecstasy or get high) and all of the black people are softened and like to act hard, and when they talk shit to me or people I know, they get head kicked.

(not because my crews badass, but because they're so damn docile)

I have one guy in my class who works out at the gym everyday and can bench 150 pounds( mind you were only in gr.8 -__-) anyways when it comes to football he can barely even take me down and he weighs 10 pounds more then me. Also i can i throw him like nothing ... yeah basically comes from genetics or that vein :icon_chee

You have to actually know how to hit a guy. I remember reading a piece about Dick Butkiss who was a nasty hitter and he stated that his gym lifts were brutal, he mentioned a 180 lb. bench press etc. Speed and mass are more important in football for hitting. A guy I worked with played football in college and his gym lifts were pitiful but he used his mass effectively.

Sonny, I miss the Brando av, man. You gotta bring it back.

C Beeby, Elbows work good too. :)

I'll bring it back soon, but for now City Wok guy is in.

I'm guessing that is from southpark... I hate that show. The only decent comedy central show is Reno 911, but thats just because I want to eventually become a cop.

I'm guessing that is from southpark... I hate that show. The only decent comedy central show is Reno 911, but thats just because I want to eventually become a cop.

I don't like South Park all that much either but that character is fucking funny. Reminds me of my Grandpa.

Yeah, and EXTREMELY dangerous. Approach with caution.

Hahahaha

Anyways, Matt Hughes has that famous quote about how he can take a 200 pound guy (or something around that weight) and "make him feel weak" on the mat. Not sure if he meant superior wrestling technique or brute strength, maybe both.

Matt Hughes has both, the dude is a big 170.

Matt Hughes has both, the dude is a big 170.

On his webstie, he says he walks around at 190, gets down to 175 or around that for his fighting weight, and cuts the water weight to make 170.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/askmatt.html

Here's some other stuff:

How important is hand/grip strength for submission fighting? -BJ

I definitely think grip strength is important. There are numerous excercises to improve your grip strength. I get mine from years of putting up hay on the farm. -Matt

I get a lot of my power from my back, and body position. I can take a 240 pound guy, who would beat me in every lift badly, and grapple him and make him feel weak. I call that usable power and that has to do with body position and leverage. -Matt

Yeah he's talking about being a superior grappler. I like to hear it when people actually strive to make a weight they can be a force in, unlike some other fighters.

Back