"I'm strong but I can't lift heavy weights"

some kid on another forum was asking for weight lifting advice. he had a fairly weak upper body routine planned, with 10 sets of 10 curls in it. i suggested to him to calm down on the curls, but he wanted to be able to do more pushups. thats why he's doing all the curls. i suggested doing pushups. but he decided to stick with the curls.

some kid on another forum was asking for weight lifting advice. he had a fairly weak upper body routine planned, with 10 sets of 10 curls in it. i suggested to him to calm down on the curls, but he wanted to be able to do more pushups. thats why he's doing all the curls. i suggested doing pushups. but he decided to stick with the curls.

That makes sense.

Curls = cock diesel push up skills.

That makes sense.

Curls = cock diesel push up skills.

the kid was also a vegetarian, wouldn't even eat eggs or protein shakes. so i guess it really doesn't matter what his workout is, he'll never gain any muscle = might as well get ready to whack it in the corner crying

i once tried to grab a retarded kid cause i thought he was gonna run off in the park while his parents weren't paying attention. seriously i never thought that little fat bastard was going to be that strong. he

He's right, you gotta get that vein going.

Not training related but I once overheard a guy telling some chick that low fat ice cream is sugar free and that they replace the sugar with sucrose because sucrose is lower in fat than sugar.

sugar has fat?!!

I do MMA with guys who are weaker than me with weights, but they are unbelievably strong when grappling/wrestling.

lmfao there's also the workout where you jerk off and do pushups and cartwheels in your basement wearing tap out shorts and watching TUF

I do MMA with guys who are weaker than me with weights, but they are unbelievably strong when grappling/wrestling.

"Strength" strength and "grappling strength" are as different as actual weight and "grappling weight." One of my instructors fights at 155, so his walking around weight hovers between 165 and 170. When he's on top of you in any position, it feels like he weighs 200 easy. He knows how to place his weight.

i once tried to grab a retarded kid cause i thought he was gonna run off in the park while his parents weren't paying attention. seriously i never thought that little fat bastard was going to be that strong. he

hahaha

My rule of thumb is never to listen to anyone's advice at the gym unless they have the build I'm shooting for. It always shocks me when a horribly overweight person comes up to me and is like "You know you're doing that all wrong right?"

My rule of thumb is never to listen to anyone's advice at the gym unless they have the build I'm shooting for. It always shocks me when a horribly overweight person comes up to me and is like "You know you're doing that all wrong right?"

"build" can be a bit misleading. Ill listen to the guys lifting more than me, or who obviously knows what they are doing

I can barely deadlift my own weight, but I grapple with guys who are 140-180 (I'm 130), and toss them like rags.

I can barely deadlift my own weight, but I grapple with guys who are 140-180 (I'm 130), and toss them like rags.

no you don't. you may be a far superior grappler, but you're not throwing anyone around.

Back