Im GLAD Aldo retired. Good riddance.

Is Aldo the first fighter Conor retires? I'm sure he's not gonna be the last.
How exactly did Conor retire him when he fought and won since then?
(Edited for spelling typo)

Last edited:
He's retiring the same way Conor retired when he didn't get his way at UFV 200. It's just a glorified sulk, he's not going to throw in the towel while he's still relatively young, uninjured and holding an interim belt.

He should just fight Holloway to keep active. If Conor beats Alvarez, Conor will have to drop the 145 belt and Aldo will become champ by default. Then he could move up and fight McGregor for the 155 strap.

If Conor loses to Alvarez, he'll be forced to defend his 145 belt against Also. Either way, he can fight Conor after their next fight so long as he gets past Holloway or Pettis.

I get why he's upset, but if getting the belt and fighting Conor again are the only things that mean anything to him, he'll take another fight.

We've all seen how having a tanty and threatening to retire has worked in the past for fighters....if Conor doesn't what he wants with that angle, there's no way Jose does.

Aldo made sure no one cared about the 145 division.

Fought boring decisions.
Barely defended the belt once a year.
Pulled out of 5 title fights
causing one PPV to be canceled.

Thank you Conor and Dana for finally ridding the 145 division of him. Now things can move along smoothly.

we're also waiting for your retirement

He's pound for pound one of the greatest of all time. Undisputed champion with ten successful defences if you include WEC as you should. He deserves his rematch.

aldo is just salty he's going back to prelims and making 50k for fight. Mcgregor change his life.

Beating Edgar like that is the equivalent of a middleweight beating a Luke Rockhold with iron chin and better boxing...

Twice

honestly i think most mma fans agree

people are tired of his salty entitled schitck

Conor really has the worse fan base in MMA and all of them just like OP have been watching mma for about 2 years

remember how nice it was on this forum when the conor fans went running in shame from the diaz loss

good times i say

He's retiring the same way Conor retired when he didn't get his way at UFV 200. It's just a glorified sulk, he's not going to throw in the towel while he's still relatively young, uninjured and holding an interim belt.

I love how everyone suddenly forgot Conor did the same thing just a few months ago.

Is Aldo the first fighter Conor retires? I'm sure he's not gonna be the last.

How'd Conor retire him?

He dominated Frankie after the loss and is retiring because his boss lied to him continuously.

Aldo made sure no one cared about the 145 division.

Fought boring decisions.
Barely defended the belt once a year.
Pulled out of 5 title fights
causing one PPV to be canceled.

Thank you Conor and Dana for finally ridding the 145 division of him. Now things can move along smoothly.
<{jackyeah}>{<redford}

if you don't enjoy watching Aldo fight you're a worthless MMA fan anyways. you probably came over from WWE and value drama over high level mixed martial arts competition. if that's the case, fuck off back to pro wrestling.

honestly i think most mma fans agree

people are tired of his salty entitled schitck
Actually I think most agree that Conor needed to get his ass back to FW and defend that belt ONCE before getting gifted another LW shot.

At least everyone that's not riding Conor's sack would agree

I don't think this is the end of it. As Arnold says; Aldo be back.

You're a fucking moron. And if you're glad one of the most exciting fighters of all time retired you're clearly not a fan of MMA.

4367710-troll-internet.jpg

Back