If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

You don't understand why people would root for an undefeated 26-0 beast that wrestles bears, smeshes fighters, has this ice cold demeanor and says shit like "send me location" and "number 1 boolshit"?

Wouldn't say I am hoping Khabib wins, I like both fighters.

But I believe Khabib will win.

Khabib has an overall finish rate of ~60% and a finish rate of ~40% within the UFC. If that's not "finishing people", then I'd say you expect too much out of fighters. Shit, that's basically a finish in every other fight...while being extremely dominant in every damn fight. That's impressive without a doubt.

Although we haven't seen Khabib fight top fighters on a normal routine (or much at all), his dominance is what makes him so "eye-catching" to viewers, of course along with his perfect record.

I WANT Khabib to win because I personally believe the era of MMA led by guys like Conor is really harmful for MMA in the long run. Sure you can say "but look at all the fans he brings!" or "who can match his PPV numbers?!", but where were those same fans and/or PPV sales when the trash-talking Leprechaun wasn't around? Or those same fans when that trash-talking hypocrite or white gorilla weren't around? NOWHERE (maybe watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians, WWE, TNA, Real Housewives, Spanish Soap Opera/Drama, etc), cuz they only bring attention to themselves and those that would stir the same blah blah BS trash-talking drama. They don't really do anything for MMA as a WHOLE.

Who do I THINK will win? I give a 60-75% chance for Conor to win. All he needs is to land a good punch or two to put the brakes on Khabib's forward march and put him out. Khabib needs to not only get close enough to take him down, but also take him down, KEEP him down, do damage on the ground and go for a T/KO or submission. I also don't think Conor hasn't been training this whole time he has been away, so he probably has worked a ton on not only his TDD and grappling, but also his cardio. Just having a good enough TDD and Cardio is enough for Conor to pull off this minor upset.

Casual SPOTTED.
I'm an MMA fan first and foremost
Casual status CONFIRMED.
Then quit watching UFC and go watch Road FC or something.
images

Why dont people root for the brash, arrogant, cocky McGregor??

The guy who was gifted a LW title shot against one of the weakest LW champs in recent memory.

The guy who refused to defend his FW and LW strap and was stripped of both belts.

The guy who threw a dolly at a bus filled with fighters about to cut weight.

Acts like a god damn hooligan.

No idea why people would cheer against Conor.

RDA didn't seem like a weak champ. Why do you think he was so weak when Conor got a shot against him? RDA was steam rolling people.

Bored of Conors antics and his nut hugger fan base. I also feel Khabib would be a bit more promising as champion, Conor would probably demand more money and be stripped of another title due to inactivity.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
Because of people like ke you.

Edit.
Well ...really its because i like Khabobs and I don’t like Connie.

BUT...

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
You need to go outside, mate. Maybe some sun would cheer you up.

tenor.gif

But if it makes you happier... yes, you're absolutely cool now.
Another jackass.

Without these casuals, you jackasses wouldn’t be enjoying the ufc the way it is now with all the top talents in 1 promotion.

conor doesn't pull out of fights but hasn't fought in two years for the sole reason that he doesn't want to
conor ties up divisions and never defends belts, which has devalued two divisions
conor is probably more one-dimensional than khabib
conor is responsible for fighters like artem lobov taking up spots in UFC

conor is a racist asshole
conor attacks innocent people with energy drink cans and dollies

it is allah's will for khabib to smash conor
kb-mecca.png

Only a noob wouldn't understand why people are fans of a fighter that is on his way to becoming GOAT. Fucking 26-0 and these morons cant see beyond Conor's nuts.

Not rooting for either guy. Just want to see the fight.

However, I do prefer it when Conor's obnoxious fanbase has nothing to crow about.

Both fighters are my favorite to watch in the light weight division, both have exciting styles to watch. Not phased by who wins just hoping it lives up to the hype

Another jackass.

Without these casuals, you jackasses wouldn’t be enjoying the ufc the way it is now with all the top talents in 1 promotion.

Another casual spotted. This time a self-important one.

<YeahOKJen>

Man... your allowed opinions but seriously people need to look at both sides. Your post shows your obviously so gay for Connor you cannot see the bad he has done and only the bad Khabib has

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
Kalabeeb abusing homeless people is the lowest kind of scum and all I hate about the world and his fat keyboard warrior "fans" that have never been inside a gym in their life never mind actually ever training in one.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
To be honest, Khabib's white skin and Caucasian features almost make me forget that he's a Muslim. As the grandson of an Irish immigrant, I really should root for Conor, but he's a bit of a C U Next Tuesday, and his fans even more so, so...

Slight sarcasm on my part. Just ever so slightly. :D

I prefer a champ who will defend the belt. If he KO's Khabib, holy fuck'n shit!!! I doubt it though.

Back