If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

digitalman45

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?

Picking kabob because Sambo and mostly I hate Conor’s fanbase.

Only a nuthugger can't understand
1) Why somebody would root against Conor.
2) Why somebody would root for Khabib.

Conor’s gimmick has gotten old. It’s turning people away.

How many belts has Conor won in the UFC?

Of those, how many belts were stripped?

If any were stripped, why?

Yadda yadda yadda. Khabib looks like Cal Ripken by comparison.

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im sure these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conmen all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.

Last edited:
Holding up 2 divisions was pretty frustrating and also costing 3 fights from that April card was aggrivating. I think it's natural some would want to see him lose.

It baffles me that his fanboys still think so highly of him after that. Plus with his fanboys being so annoying, I don't want Conor to lose, I just them to lose tbh.

Also Khabib is a pressure grappler with relentless gnp, a lot of people like him. Those who don't should stick to boxing or kickboxing

Edit: also if you think it's sad people want him to lose because of his fans then you're most likely part of the issue

Khabib... I can't support him. I support Conor. I do think it's funny that everyone who's upset at Conor for "not fighting" isn't also upset at Khabib for the same reason. I also dislike that whole cult thing, but I digress.

I'm rooting for Khabib over Conor simply because of Conor. At this point that should be more than enough for a reason.

I like grapplers more than strikers, and khabib is probably the best example of MMA grappling today.

I like fighters who push the pace and don't gas.

I like watching khabib grow as an mma fighter as he tries to keep his unbeaten record intact.

I like watching khabib smash people.

Also, khabib's personality suits me more, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Mcgregor rarely fights though.

I like both guys but my mind tells me that its very likely to see Khabib mauling him.

im not rooting for anyone. i just want to see the fight happen. and i have a feeling it wont. they should get tony ready as well.

Khabib wins = fight with ferg , dustin
Conor loses = fight with diaz

Conor wins = takes the belt hostage and goes and fights manny paqquio or paulie

Not really "rooting" for him. Just think he is going to win.

Also, isn't it hypocritical to bitch about Khabib pulling out of fights, when McGregor hasn't fought in 2 years and will most likely have a similar "layoff" after this fight.

Why dont people root for the brash, arrogant, cocky McGregor??

The guy who was gifted a LW title shot against one of the weakest LW champs in recent memory.

The guy who refused to defend his FW and LW strap and was stripped of both belts.

The guy who threw a dolly at a bus filled with fighters about to cut weight.

Acts like a god damn hooligan.

No idea why people would cheer against Conor.

Conor’s gimmick has gotten old. It’s turning people away.

This. Only it never was any good anyway. Acting like he does is an utter waste of his humanity and lowers the people who are impressed by it.

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
Shhh you're not allowed to use logic and be real with Colin fans on Sherdog .

And when you stiffen Colin on the canvas I'm betting the farm on you.

Back