If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

Hahaha come on, everybody knows Nate is mediocre. He lost every big fight he ever had except Conor. And Conor barely winning the rematch is even more shameful. Diaz will always be a black stain on Conor. And yeah come back when Khabib loses, right now he looks unstoppable and after he mops the floor with Conor, people are going to see he is just on another fucking level. The rise of the true GOAT begins very soon and the real danger that stands in his way is Fergusson.
Everyone looks unstoppable until they lose. And EVERYONE eventually loses.

I bet you said the same thing about Aldo before his fight with Conor to. It’s called a gamblers fallacy.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
The only one who has held the belt hostage so far is Conor. Not only in one but 2 divisions.

Khabib won his belt and was already willing to defend against whoever.

Conor's title defenses = 0

He just paraded around with the belt as long as he could until the UFC finally found the balls to strip him.

Get off Conor's dick.

I bet you said the same thing about Aldo before his fight with Conor to. It’s called a gamblers fallacy.

"Everybody looks unstoppable before they lose". Tell me one other fighter right now that has a clean 26-0 record or even in mma history, how many people achieved that? There is Jones with one DQ loss and he is on steroids but nobody else even comes close. Khabib is special and he will prove it yet again. And no I did not say the same thing before Aldo fight. Aldo is a standup fighter and Conor can knock out anybody in standup. As far as I remember I picked Aldo but gave it 60-40. Khabib is a completely different animal with GOAT wrestling and supreme cardio which is what Conor's weaknesses are. He will destroy Conor. Now if it was Feegusson, I would be a lot more worried and if Khabib's zero goes away it will be because of Fergusson. I would still pick Khabib though, just not this confidently.

If anyone is sticking around it's Khabib.

Conor has made way too much money at this point and he's just too unpredictable. 1 or 2 more circus fights and he's done.

Dumb thread.

I prefer khabib's fighting style; I like his mettle; he's a cooler guy (doesn't need to pay people to tell him how to dress/what to wear; has pants that actually fit); has not been holding the division hostage; fights people who are his size; wears an awesome hat.

That's what I'm saying, also to everyone saying I'm a nuthugger I'm not

Conor already has a case for GOAT, Khabib beating (not finishing) Raging Al on short notice, coming off a two year lay off isn't a "on your way to becoming GOAT" performance.

Taking short notices fights for the fans makes you GOAT and then adjusting and winning the rematch is also impressive. If Khabib loses he won't be able to make adjustments because he lives and dies by securing trips against the cage. What's he going to do once someone stops his takedowns? Joe Duffy is not a can, especially on a regional circuit.

<YeahOKJen>

Because Conor hasnt fought for two years and shows no interest in defending any titles. Khabib will.

Hard to be a fan of the guy when he barely fights. And you just know for a fact if he wins he wont fight Tony.

Conor will probably go on another vacation

Well for one, Conor's probably not gonna be around for much longer anyway so a loss wouldn't really matter too much. And second, because it'd be cool to see the first UFC fighter reach 30-0. So gotta root for him on the way to 30-0.

Because it's going to be extremely enjoyable to watch an arrogant loudmouth get ripped apart and humiliated by a bear wrestler.

Yeah after disregarding 90% of people saying they're rooting for Khabib because they don't like Conor or his fans, the people that actually like Khabib genuinely all seem to have a common interest in the matchups he presents and the stability he brings to the division. I can respect that, but I guess just prefer the mayhem and excitement Conor makes happen, it's got more entertainment value to it for me.

Nothing wrong with that. I actually find Khabib's fights more entertaining than conor's, to be honest. Conor's fights are mostly just striking, and if conor is winning the fight, then he's just dictating range and outstriking his opponents, and there's also very, very little grappling in his fights. Also, a lot of times Conor's fights have so much build up only to end in a round or two, which is amazing but sometimes very anti climatic (cough 13 seconds cough cough), which leave the fans wondering how rematches would play out.

With Khabib, you get the full spectrum of MMA— He'll have like 8 minutes of grappling, and 7 minutes of striking and trying to close the distance per 15 minute fight. Not only that, but his fights go on a little longer than Conor's typically do, thus more MMA, and more suspense to see if his opponent can make a come back. After the end of a khabib fight, he has so thoroughly dominated the fight that there is no question whether his opponent would do better in a rematch or not, there is no question if any of Khabib's wins were a fluke, where as with Conor, one gets the impression that a lot of opponents he beat would likely do much better in rematches (Max, Mendes, Nate, Aldo) there's doubt with conor's wins because he doesn't thoroughly dominate them the way Khabib does.

Last edited:
Conor is a douche. Many of his fans are douches too. Conor holds up divisions for years at a time and sits on belts. He's the essence of spectacle and circus, which isn't why I watch mma.

If he wins again who knows how long he stagnates lw, one of the best divisions, with his bullshit.

I'm rooting for Khabib everyone knows I know that he will annihilate McGregor,

Not a fan of either of these two but the fact remains that Khabib has McGregor's number.

Khabib possessed everything that can make McGregor fall into his knees,

Ring rust, ground game problem, limited gas tank, if this goes to grappling McGregor is surely dead.

and add to fact the McGregor trained in the the "yes" gym with Irish Edmond.

Funny, you guys keep saying the same about Conor like he has no chance of losing

Im rooting because Khabib actually fights. If Conor wins it will be by round 1 tko or just possibly round 2 but then he will do some crazy shit for the next two years calling himself the best ever and don't actually defend shit.

"Everybody looks unstoppable before they lose". Tell me one other fighter right now that has a clean 26-0 record or even in mma history, how many people achieved that? There is Jones with one DQ loss and he is on steroids but nobody else even comes close. Khabib is special and he will prove it yet again. And no I did not say the same thing before Aldo fight. Aldo is a standup fighter and Conor can knock out anybody in standup. As far as I remember I picked Aldo but gave it 60-40. Khabib is a completely different animal with GOAT wrestling and supreme cardio which is what Conor's weaknesses are. He will destroy Conor. Now if it was Feegusson, I would be a lot more worried and if Khabib's zero goes away it will be because of Fergusson. I would still pick Khabib though, just not this confidently.
His 26-0 doesn’t mean anything in this fight. It doesn’t give him any extra advantage. From a practical perspective Khabib and Conor are 0-0 against eachother.

Spoiler alert: Khabib won’t stay undefeated his whole career.

Funny, you guys keep saying the same about Conor like he has no chance of losing
What are you talking about? Conor has a very real and clear chance of losing. Saying Khabib takes him down and gnp’s For 5 rounds is very likely.

On the other hand it’s Khabib Stan’s/Conor haters that don’t seem to realize Khabib is equally in danger of losing by getting pieced up by a vastly superior striker before he can even get him down.

Khabib being 26-0 means nothing in this fight

Spoiler alert: Khabib won’t stay undefeated his whole career.

You don't know that, unless you have a time machine that can go to the future and come back, its possible Khabib is the greatest to ever lived and retires undefeated!

What are you talking about? Conor has a very real and clear chance of losing. Saying Khabib takes him down and gnp’s For 5 rounds is very likely.

On the other hand it’s Khabib Stan’s/Conor haters that don’t seem to realize Khabib is equally in danger of losing by getting pieced up by a vastly superior striker before he can even get him down.

Khabib being 26-0 means nothing in this fight
Weird...i keep seeing comments saying Khabib loses in the 1st round

I have a feeling Khabib will defend his belt successfully and dominantly.

Back