If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

Weird...i keep seeing comments saying Khabib loses in the 1st round
Predictions =\= saying there’s no way Conor loses. I think Khabib with get TKO’d 1st or second round but I’m not denying he has tools to win.

Most give Conor no shot. You being one of them trying to saying 26-0 is actually relevant and has weight in this fight. It’s doesnt

You don't know that, unless you have a time machine that can go to the future and come back, its possible Khabib is the greatest to ever lived and retires undefeated!
The chances of him retiring undefeated are FAR FAR FAR less likely than him getting a loss.

Khabib's father talks Conor, Nate Diaz, Alvarez, Ferguson, Lee, Pettis (eng cc)

00:46 Why does Conor need to fight Habib? Abdulmanap's opinion
01:28 «Nate Diaz is a fake»
02:18 How Khabib will beat Conor
02:57 Why Conor is dangerous?
03:38 Abdulmanap talks about his new submission: armbar with a double lock
04:28 About Conor’s wrestling coach
05:56 Conor’s waist is good for the women’s figure skating
06:09 Abdulmanap compares Khabib and Fedor
06:48 Abdulmanap is ready to wrestle with Conor’s wrestling coach
07:51 If Khabib will fight against MMA fighter who had a strong NCAA wrestling background
09:17 «Give us a freestyle wrestling match against the Olympic champion».
10:27 Why did Khabib promise to break Conor’s face?
11:22 Khabib’s father - about Poirier, Ferguson, Alvarez, Lee, Pettis
12:29 Khabib’s salary for the fight against Conor
13:13 Why Khabib and Conor didn’t meet in New York?
13:48 About bus incident
14:46 About Abdulmanap’s visa and Khabib’s shape

His 26-0 doesn’t mean anything in this fight. It doesn’t give him any extra advantage. From a practical perspective Khabib and Conor are 0-0 against eachother.

Spoiler alert: Khabib won’t stay undefeated his whole career.

Its not his 0-0 that gives him an advantage, it's his ridiculously good wrestling and great cardio that gives him an advantage.

And your spoiler could very well be wrong. If it was a 10-0 fighter I'd agree with you. From what it seems like, Khabib will retire soon as his father's been saying. If he retires at say 30 or 32 fights, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he in fact retires undefeated. From here on out, it is all tough fights but the real danger is Fergusson. The WW's could be an issue but it doesn't seem like he has any plans for that. I could see him going up to fight GSP in a one off though. If there is a single fighter that seems like he can go undefeated it is Khabib bar none. Jones also but of course he has that DQ and PED's issue so I am excluding him.

Predictions =\= saying there’s no way Conor loses. I think Khabib with get TKO’d 1st or second round but I’m not denying he has tools to win.

Most give Conor no shot. You being one of them trying to saying 26-0 is actually relevant and has weight in this fight. It’s doesnt
Lol i didn't say that. It's a 50/50 to me

They're rooting against him because they are hateful slugs that are jealous of other peoples success but won't take action to become successful or the are :eek::eek::eek:s and think Khabib is cuter. Either way fuck em all.

Conor has a great shot. I'm a khabib fan and I'm very worried about this fight. Don't let the Conor hater's skew your perception.

Conor never faced anyone this good and likely Khabib never faced anyone this good.
I'd go for the underdog... Conor does have a pretty solid record.
The fight we really needed to see was Ferguson vs Khabib.
Or Lee vs Khabib. Now its a bit of an unknown.

Conor:
Defeated - Aldo (One of the best Featherweight to have lived)
Defeated - Holloway (Current Featherweight Champ)
Defeated - Poirer (Who is on a tear in lightweight and current no#3)
Defeated - Alvarez (In first round)
Went 9 Rounds with the champ

Khabib:
Defeated - Up and comer Al Iquanta
Defeated - Barboza (top 5-10 fighter)
Defeated - Dos Anjos (Past champion and top 3 in welterweight)
Defeated - Michael Johnson (Now outside top 15 but at the time was top 10)

Now you are just being mean.
I thought we talked about this.
1QuITop.gif

Because Shertards hate having their fantasy world destroyed, like every time mom comes down the stairs to do the laundry.

I usually feel sorry for McGregor's opponents by the time they step into the cage. Most of them seem defeated before the fight begins from all the mental warfare and constant bullying from McGregor.

Conor fans know how badly he's about to get humiliated so they're trying to get everyone else on his bandwagon so the fallout is not as bad.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
Why?
Well, let me see.. (It goes with bad english same...)
  • The most disrespectful guy
  • King of shortcuts
  • Fixed fights
  • Never defend the belt
  • Never fought someone he won
  • Pick his fights
  • Blocked weight classes
  • In a clean fight, never would win Royce Gracie
Only accept Khabib fight because Khabib is undefeated and a bad style for him, then he got a lot of money (morons will pay)and not will damage his image too much.

I'm a fan because he's humble, has an interesting upbringing, and has dominated every opponent he has faced.

Could take or leave either of them. If Tony gets healthy he's coming for the belt.

Khabib all the way I'm a mma fan Khabib is a real mma fighter in fight and attitude. McGregor likes fighting only as a means to make large money (no hating on that) now that he has money I don't expect to see any real desire or fire he showed no desire or fire to keep or defend ANY belt he won the challenge was met no need to defend, only true fighters defend.

I don't think Conor wants the LW belt he already owned with or without a belt he's still rich and that was always his ultimate goal. Being champ for him his more burden than blessing for him at this stage. He's learned from Lorenzo, Dana, & Floyd that the real money is made from collecting from fighters having their blood spilled while not spilling your own. He's not looking to be GOAT that's a desire for real fighters, he's looking to be wealthy which is greater than GOAT, some GOATs go broke promoters keep earning...

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im sure these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conmen all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.

BEST POST EVER IN SHERDOG HISTORY!!! <45>

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
He's not good on the mic? He is hilarious, and he has the advantage of having broken English that is close enough to understand and also be funny as shit.

Conor doesn't fight for YEARS at a time. Not sure why you'd want a guy who doesn't fight to win.

Back