If you support the Confederate flag....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In America, we have the right to be racist.
Sure, I think anyone saying they don't have a prejudice or two is lying. I just think the Confederate flag can be seen as a sort of glorification of a time when prejudice was the law of the land, but I understand it means many things to many people.

Sure, I think anyone saying they don't have a prejudice or two is lying. I just think the Confederate flag can be seen as a sort of glorification of a time when prejudice was the law of the land, but I understand it means many things to many people.
There is nothing wrong with wanting an ethnostate. I think we are all more comfortable around our own people.

There is nothing wrong with wanting an ethnostate. I think we are all more comfortable around our own people.
There's nothing wrong with wanting it, but it's one of those things that isn't as great as you think it is. My life is better because of many (not all, but that applies to white people too) of the immigrants I've known. There's obviously a healthy middle ground between homogeneity and Cuckistan, but I think when used properly immigration helps people out of their comfort zone, introduces them to new ideas, and increases their ability to empathize. An ethnostate grows stagnant quickly, as well as being easier to control and predict.

If by courage you mean incompetence. Sure, let's go with that.
Wanna talk about incompetence, let's discuss every major federal general besides Grant, Thomas and Sherman.

Pickett's charge was mainly a mistake due to circumstances and faulty intelligence.

The men who died under that flag weren't fighting for slavery, they were defending their homeland.

The politicians and planters fought over slavery and neither fired a single shot.

It represents a terrible time in our country's past. It represents all those things when you raise it high, in the wind. Historical and social contexts are paramount to this discussion.

Is anyone in here interested in an official civil war debate? Captain Davis had his opponent for the debate league get banned right as we are about to kick it off, and i'm looking for someone to take his place. Scanning through here, it seems like maybe @Rational Poster or possibly @IngaVovchanchyn might be interested? You'd be arguing that the south was not justified in seceding from the union (cap is arguing they were). It's a bit more nuanced than that so, if you're interested at all, check out the debate league sign up thread. This debate will be document based, as in I will link to a core document to be argued around. We could also change the question some or entirely if that isn't an angle you would like to approach the topic from.

It represents a terrible time in our country's past. It represents all those things when you raise it high, in the wind. Historical and social contexts are paramount to this discussion.
How about you, Steven? Interested in joining the debate league at all?

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created white men. o_O I must have missed that!

@Quipling any interest?
I was literally going to send the intro PM out to both contestants today so literally anyone that wants in can do so.

Is anyone in here interested in an official civil war debate? Captain Davis had his opponent for the debate league get banned right as we are about to kick it off, and i'm looking for someone to take his place. Scanning through here, it seems like maybe @Rational Poster or possibly @IngaVovchanchyn might be interested? You'd be arguing that the south was not justified in seceding from the union (cap is arguing they were). It's a bit more nuanced than that so, if you're interested at all, check out the debate league sign up thread. This debate will be document based, as in I will link to a core document to be argued around. We could also change the question some or entirely if that isn't an angle you would like to approach the topic from.

I'm not sure that's an argument I'd take up. Justification is pretty personal.

I'd argue that the south seceding was incompetent, however.

I'm not sure that's an argument I'd take up. Justification is pretty personal.

I'd argue that the south seceding was incompetent, however.
hahaha fair enough

Tell ya what, i'll shoot you what I had in mind and see if it interests you

Do you wear cotton? If there is anything that is a sign of southern slavery, it is cotton. I hope you are into 70s fashion.
Cotton is a resource, not a self-created symbol of ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back