If you live in Broward County, Fl don't wait for the police to save you

Because you perpetuate the creation of victims of this event. In this instance, the families of these officers who had nothing to do with what occurred but will end up sharing in the harassment and potential threats of violence.

Unless you believe in an eye for eye and think these officers families deserve to be subjected to what is likely to occur?

Something else to remember, while their actions may have been a betrayal of the authority invested in them and the perception of what their duty was, they weren't the one that shot those kids. They were just another link in a series of failures that allowed that kid to do what he did.

I don't agree with their choice, in fact I'm fairly disgusted with it, but I don't think their families need to suffer for it with them and that's exactly what will happen as focus is taken away from the actual culprit in an understandable desire for retribution and understanding of how and why it occurred.

Prediction: If their names are released not only will they likely see a veritable campaign of threats and recriminations against them, but the stress and likely regrets of their choice will eventually lead to at least one of them becoming an alcoholic, likely lead to a divorce of at least one of them due to the fall out and potentially one of them eating their pistol depending on how they deal with the aftermath.

Very insightful

Too often our police are brave and tough when there is no actual threat and cowards when there is.

Because you perpetuate the creation of victims of this event. In this instance, the families of these officers who had nothing to do with what occurred but will end up sharing in the harassment and potential threats of violence.

Unless you believe in an eye for eye and think these officers families deserve to be subjected to what is likely to occur?

Something else to remember, while their actions may have been a betrayal of the authority invested in them and the perception of what their duty was, they weren't the one that shot those kids. They were just another link in a series of failures that allowed that kid to do what he did.

I don't agree with their choice, in fact I'm fairly disgusted with it, but I don't think their families need to suffer for it with them and that's exactly what will happen as focus is taken away from the actual culprit in an understandable desire for retribution and understanding of how and why it occurred.

Prediction: If their names are released not only will they likely see a veritable campaign of threats and recriminations against them, but the stress and likely regrets of their choice will eventually lead to at least one of them becoming an alcoholic, likely lead to a divorce of at least one of them due to the fall out and potentially one of them eating their pistol depending on how they deal with the aftermath.

that is not an eye for an eye but any logical definition they did not commit crime. eye for eye would be killing scum who raped your daughter or killing them for breaking into home.

some do if they have plate in it. military guys wear them

level 3 armor stop many rifle rounds.

https://welikeshooting.com/blog/can-bullet-proof-vests-stop/

what is ABB?

ABB plant shootings
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2010 ABB plant shootings)
Jump to: navigation, search
ABB plant shootings
Date January 7, 2010 (2010-01-07)
c. 6:30 a.m. – c. 7:00 a.m. CST (UTC-6)
Attack type
Assassination, spree shooting, mass murder, massacre, murder–suicide
Weapons
Deaths 4 (including the perpetrator)
Non-fatal injuries
Perpetrator Timothy Hendron
A shooting spree occurred at an ABB power plant in St. Louis, Missouri, on January 7, 2010. An ABB Power employee, armed with multiple firearms, killed three and injured five others, two critically, and killed himself before police arrived.[1][2]

Contents
[hide]

that is not an eye for an eye but any logical definition they did not commit crime. eye for eye would be killing scum who raped your daughter or killing them for breaking into home.
By eye for an eye I mean that the families of those killed are suffering so the families of those officers that didn't go in and potentially could have saved lives should suffer the social consequences of those officers actions as well should their names be revealed.

Not that it matters because those names will get out. Even if not nationally then at the very least within their communities. Those kinds of details simply don't remain confidential regardless of potential consequences.

The point of this has gone over your head.

Imaginative history you constructed, but semantic arguments are meaningless when you alter semantics (replacing modifiers with unmodified terms). Your language betrayed you.

Ironic is that even if one played dumb and ignored your wriggling you seem oblivious to the fact that the liberal party which is far richer with minorities tends to be the poorer party. Your own logic would suggest that the Republican party has less potential for exploitation, and yet you are hounding liberal mantras of identity politics.

That's what's even more ironic. You also said, "Your reaction is why the rich and powerful stay rich and powerful," and yet it was you who introduced identity politics to this thread originally with your, "It's been an interesting year to see white people realize shit that every minority in America has been trying to explain for a while now." See that? You introduced identity politics to the thread, then you tried to pawn them off on me as if my reaction is what created the conversation, and you even blindly assigned me a role. We white people need things brown-splained. Your obliviousness to your own subconsciousness thought processes is mind-boggling.

Maybe that's my special racial power. Is that how it works? After all, we American whites have been working for 150+ years culturally to develop this acute sense of racist self-awareness. Perhaps this can be a teachable moment for you, and all blacks. You just have to be quiet and listen. As a white person, my skin color gives me special insight and wisdom of personal experience.

See? Do you like being talked to like that-- this language in the paragraph above? Do you care for the underlying racist mindset it belies? I sure don't. You're drinking the Kool-Aid, here.

Your entire post is predicated on implications and inferences rather than the actual words of my posts. You're engaging in pseudo-intellectual mind reading. I don't know what else you want me to say. You're saying that what I said isn't actually what I mean. I'm saying that it is. Now you're trying to prove to me that not only is the re a hidden meaning behind my words, but that the hidden meaning is the truer interpretation, regardless of whether or not it was my intention.

If you're getting a different meaning from my post, cool. Keep doing textual analysis and maybe we'll both get book deals out of it.

By eye for an eye I mean that the families of those killed are suffering so the families of those officers that didn't go in and potentially could have saved lives should suffer the social consequences of those officers actions as well should their names be revealed.

Not that it matters because those names will get out. Even if not nationally then at the very least within their communities. Those kinds of details simply don't remain confidential regardless of potential consequences.

oh but to my knoweldge of the term it never meant that. it be different if they ordered some peoples familes to die for no reason. this just seem like honesty them being scared and cowardly and fail to do job they pledge to do. i feel bad for them be honest but it sucks because i bet if they ran in and said 'police' the guy may kill himself.

How did the shooter stop why did he? did police enter

oh but to my knoweldge of the term it never meant that. it be different if they ordered some peoples familes to die for no reason. this just seem like honesty them being scared and cowardly and fail to do job they pledge to do. i feel bad for them be honest but it sucks because i bet if they ran in and said 'police' the guy may kill himself.

How did the shooter stop why did he? did police enter
Don't believe they explained why but they do know he removed his gas mask, ditched his weapons and simply walked out with everyone else then went on his way.

Easiest answer...he had not intention of dying and once he realized officers were in the building decided it was time to take off.

The fact there was 37 or 39 calls to this kids home to the cops and the FBI had been warned multiple times is bad enough (How many red flags do you need?!). You have him posting weapons online, him making threats to shoot people, animal killing posted online, and he had brought weapons to school prior. However this takes it to another level. You had unarmed coaches, teachers, and ROTC members risking and giving their lives to stop that evil bastard while these cowardly pieces of shit piss themselves and hide. This is the Broward County PD:

CmoBixrXYAEQgYw.jpg

Epic failure on every level by law enforcement. Heads should roll and those 4 garbage humans should be locked the fuck up.

zcOuA8x.gif

The fact there was 37 or 39 calls to this kids home to the cops and the FBI had been warned multiple times is bad enough (How many red flags do you need?!). You have him posting weapons online, him making threats to shoot people, animal killing posted online, and he had brought weapons to school prior. However this takes it to another level. You had unarmed coaches, teachers, and ROTC members risking and giving their lives to stop that evil bastard while these cowardly pieces of shit piss themselves and hide. This is the Broward County PD:

CmoBixrXYAEQgYw.jpg

Epic failure on every level by law enforcement. Heads should roll and those 4 garbage humans should be locked the fuck up.

zcOuA8x.gif

Your emotionally overwrought masturbation aside... It was a failure. Hopefully it gets fixed asap.

Not sure what, if any, laws he actually broke via his online stuff. I'd be curious to see though.

Massive red flags ignored by many people.

I would be interested to know the percentage of people in this topic that have ever been in a contact situation. Alot of heroes here. It took us hundreds of years to 'forgive' soldiers for what was called shell shock, now cops not engaging a threat are under question. I am not advocating for them, but I'd warrant most people here like to think theyd react a certain way but in reality wouldnt.

Or, your point is horse hockey.
Oh rly? What's good for the goose...
Your entire post is predicated on implications and inferences rather than the actual words of my posts. You're engaging in pseudo-intellectual mind reading. I don't know what else you want me to say. You're saying that what I said isn't actually what I mean. I'm saying that it is. Now you're trying to prove to me that not only is the re a hidden meaning behind my words, but that the hidden meaning is the truer interpretation, regardless of whether or not it was my intention.

If you're getting a different meaning from my post, cool. Keep doing textual analysis and maybe we'll both get book deals out of it.
"Bas-ket-ball! Bas-ket-ball! Bas-ket-ball!"

If there were really 4 men on scene, and they didn't go in, that's unconscionable. I want charges pressed against them. Fuck that.
Yeah, when it was just one lone dude with a gun, I could find it in me to understand that going in to an unknown situation definitely outgunned, and potentially outmanned was not necessarily the right thing to do. If it's true that there were 4 there and they stood by, that is unconscionable.

Oh rly? What's good for the goose...

"Bas-ket-ball! Bas-ket-ball! Bas-ket-ball!"

So your takeaway from that thread wasn't that 'words have meaning that can be shaped by the context in which they are used', it was 'words have no meaning and I can impart any interpretation on them that I wish'?

So your takeaway from that thread wasn't that 'words have meaning that can be shaped by the context in which they are used', it was 'words have no meaning and I can impart any interpretation on them that I wish'?
"Impose", not "impart", and no. You guys are really struggling with this.

I would be interested to know the percentage of people in this topic that have ever been in a contact situation. Alot of heroes here. It took us hundreds of years to 'forgive' soldiers for what was called shell shock, now cops not engaging a threat are under question. I am not advocating for them, but I'd warrant most people here like to think theyd react a certain way but in reality wouldnt.
been in combat. got the medals to prove it. when i first heard criticism of the guy the first thing going through my mind was that if he DID engage, he must have massive cojones to bring a pistol into a fight with a guy packing an AR-15. that is a ludicrous mismatch in firepower.

On the flip side, its basically his job to do that though and id have expected a locker with a rifle or at the least a shotgun to be nearby. until i get the info on what options were actually available to this deputy or whatever i will reserve judgment.

been in combat. got the medals to prove it. when i first heard criticism of the guy the first thing going through my mind was that if he DID engage, he must have massive cojones to bring a pistol into a fight with a guy packing an AR-15. that is a ludicrous mismatch in firepower.

On the flip side, its basically his job to do that though and id have expected a locker with a rifle or at the least a shotgun to be nearby. until i get the info on what options were actually available to this deputy or whatever i will reserve judgment.

I agree, I'm hesitant to judge until the full details come out if they ever do

Back