If you live in Broward County, Fl don't wait for the police to save you

Yeah, when it was just one lone dude with a gun, I could find it in me to understand that going in to an unknown situation definitely outgunned, and potentially outmanned was not necessarily the right thing to do. If it's true that there were 4 there and they stood by, that is unconscionable.

There are plenty of incidents where military units have thought themselves surrounded by 50+ men when in reality it was 4 or 5. It CAN take experience (not 20 years of LE without engagement in firefights) to know the difference

You know, for the life of me, I haven't the foggiest fucking clue what usage of that graphic is supposed signify around here.
Rustled. IE: He is rustled by this issue.

<KingstonFrown>

Who the hell puts themselves over like that, outside of that orange goofball in the White House? Imo this photo-op sheriff was hoping to use this tragedy as a springboard for his political career and it looks like it's backfiring.

There are plenty of incidents where military units have thought themselves surrounded by 50+ men when in reality it was 4 or 5. It CAN take experience (not 20 years of LE without engagement in firefights) to know the difference

Sorry, when i said 'one lone dude' i meant the cop that initially took all the blame, not the shooter.

Last edited:
Wouldnt the only advantage be the ability to slice the pie and mag capacity?

Odds of a perp knowing how to do that are slim.

So really any advantage perceived is an excuse used on their part for their inaction.
When we raise that right hand we are telling our country and our god that we will run towards danger no matter the cost.

Seems like selfless service comes with terms and conditions these days...
any teenager with FPS experience knows how to take a corner. Saw that all the time in training. The advantages an AR-15 has over a hand gun is barrier defeating capability, effective range, and shock value.

A guy with a long arm is always going to better able to land shots at ranges over 30 feet, combine that with a 5.56 cracking as it passes you and you got a lot of shit you got to deal with. i would NEVER want to have to face down some guy with a semi auto rifle with nothing more than a hand gun even at contact range. at ranges over 20 or 30 yards? fuck that noise. want to see how a handgun vs rifle fight TENDS to go? read up on the 1986 FBI Miami shootout. cliffs notes: 2 guys took multiple handgun bullet hits from various cartridges and still managed to kill 2 agents, and wound another 5. the take away was that one of the suspects weapons, a mini-14, was absolutely devastating in the fight. Each agent hit by it was either killed, or so severely wounded as to not be a factor in the fight. meanwhile, the agents and the perps were able to fight on, and in the perps case, fight on EFFECTIVELY despite being hit by either shotgun pellets or handgun bullets. often multiple times.

Honest question. Do you think an average cop can identify what weapon is being fired inside a school when he is outside? I’ll bet he hasn’t heard an AR being fired very often.
yes, absolutely. there is absolutely no way a person will mistake a Rifle for ANY kind of handgun. ever. especially a cop who has probably qualified with both series of weapons.

i called the police once due to a home invasion
on a random thursday night, in a city w/ 25k people
they could hear him breaking the door down and threatening to kill us (dude on drugs)

it took them 2.5 hours to get there, good times
edit: i should say the 911 operator told me to grab a weapon for self defense, i just wasn't in my house so all i had was a kitchen knife

Last edited:
i called the police once due to a home invasion
on a random thursday night, in a city w/ 25k people
they could hear him breaking the door down and threatening to kill us (dude on drugs)

it took them 2.5 hours to get there, good times

Where do you live ??

yes, absolutely. there is absolutely no way a person will mistake a Rifle for ANY kind of handgun. ever. especially a cop who has probably qualified with both series of weapons.

We only qualified with the 9mm and shotgun. Sad.

The problem is everyone has a tough sense of self until they see blood ,bodies , screaming and gun fire.

I know a guy who is a Crack shot. We heard gunshots outside an office and he was.shaking so bad he couldn't even pull his gun out

Going to be some interesting and hard questions asked of the Broward County Sheriff's Dept. in the coming days and weeks I bet. Wonder if those other three will resign like Peterson did?

I doubt it unless they are retirement age. Peterson has a full retirement to look forward to.

I personally did not have a big problem with Peterson not going in. Even Navy SEALs don't go in alone. However 4 cops? That truly is cowardly

29 Palms, high Mojave Desert in Cali

i assume they were out catching DUIs

Ah...did some CAX there. Haaaaaaaated it. No offense.

but the dinosaurs in Cabazon (sp) were neato and the same pie rack I saw in Pee Wee's Big Adventure is still in that cafe

<KingstonFrown>

Who the hell puts themselves over like that, outside of that orange goofball in the White House? Imo this photo-op sheriff was hoping to use this tragedy as a springboard for his political career and it looks like it's backfiring.

th

Self aggrandizing asshole

I doubt it unless they are retirement age. Peterson has a full retirement to look forward to.

I personally did not have a big problem with Peterson not going in. Even Navy SEALs don't go in alone. However 4 cops? That truly is cowardly

The incident report for the ABB shooting I was at was 150 pages long. These things are extremely complicated, chaotic, dynamic, fluid, etc... my point being let's let this thing air out to see exactly what happened. It looks bad, but I wasn't there.

As an aside...our dept has had very little in the way of active school shooter training despite nearly every officer having been on a non school shooting. Luckily we have a ton of combat vets that can step up and get shit done.

any teenager with FPS experience knows how to take a corner. Saw that all the time in training. The advantages an AR-15 has over a hand gun is barrier defeating capability, effective range, and shock value.

A guy with a long arm is always going to better able to land shots at ranges over 30 feet, combine that with a 5.56 cracking as it passes you and you got a lot of shit you got to deal with. i would NEVER want to have to face down some guy with a semi auto rifle with nothing more than a hand gun even at contact range. at ranges over 20 or 30 yards? fuck that noise. want to see how a handgun vs rifle fight TENDS to go? read up on the 1986 FBI Miami shootout. cliffs notes: 2 guys took multiple handgun bullet hits from various cartridges and still managed to kill 2 agents, and wound another 5. the take away was that one of the suspects weapons, a mini-14, was absolutely devastating in the fight. Each agent hit by it was either killed, or so severely wounded as to not be a factor in the fight. meanwhile, the agents and the perps were able to fight on, and in the perps case, fight on EFFECTIVELY despite being hit by either shotgun pellets or handgun bullets. often multiple times.

Thanks for the reply, im at work and will respond shortly.

Aint ignoring ya

Back