If you live in Broward County, Fl don't wait for the police to save you

been in combat. got the medals to prove it. when i first heard criticism of the guy the first thing going through my mind was that if he DID engage, he must have massive cojones to bring a pistol into a fight with a guy packing an AR-15. that is a ludicrous mismatch in firepower.

On the flip side, its basically his job to do that though and id have expected a locker with a rifle or at the least a shotgun to be nearby. until i get the info on what options were actually available to this deputy or whatever i will reserve judgment.

Honest question. Do you think an average cop can identify what weapon is being fired inside a school when he is outside? I’ll bet he hasn’t heard an AR being fired very often.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. I'm using you to win two arguments at once: adding exhibition to reason.

And now you've doubled down on your racism with the classic, hackneyed (albeit not terribly constructed) argument that the rich exert control by dividing the poor; yet an astute observer will notice that your arguments above are clearly predicated on acceptance of the narrative that the truth is one only comprehended until now by minorities, collectively, who we know are statistically more likely to be liberal, and also to favor the implications of a liberal agenda that forward sentiments which are anti-cop and sympathetic to the accused.

"But if you want me to criticize poor whites, I can....the rich use identity politics to get their poor soldiers in line to defend them."

See that? Poor, uneducated minorities: they're smart, they get it. They see through it all. They're "woke" thanks to that magical racial wisdom power. But poor, uneducated whites? They're just a bunch of dumb tools of the elites. Puppets. Your post indicates your true belief; that manipulation along the color line is something only effective against whites. The consideration that this goes both ways isn't even entertained. One doesn't require wealth to dispense political rhetoric, after all, and one doesn't require wealth to wield politically motivated greed.

revealed-your-opinion-is.jpg

Insert “therockstandsandclaps”.Gif

How could I criticize poor whites without criticizing all races? Is there anything unique about poor whites to criticize that doesn't apply to poor Americans of all races?

It’s in the way you wrote it...your first post started off by you implying all whites when you used the term “white people”. You then reinforced it with using the term poor white people in the paragraph where you spoke about rich people and their minions...by doing so logical people will read it as specific to all white people and then to only poor white people...it’s in the way you wrote it... a logical person would read that you have an agenda....To be fair, logically speaking of course....it’s the Same style that people with a slightly different agenda use when they use the term “black community”....logically speaking the terms white people and black community mean the same thing to logical people...I hope that helps and there is a way you can prevent logical people from misunderstanding you, is by not using those types of terms or by ensuring somehow that you really mean everyone when you do...or you could admit at the beginning of your post that you have a bias against people of a race or ethnicity.

Nothing racist about his post...I am White and I can attest to what he posted.. white people have had a cloud of nationalism and self righteousness that caused them to looked the other way for along time in this country...the police in America are getting a worse and worse rep, time to wake up and address the faults and stop the “muh thin blue line shit” .
Time for accountability.

I’m the first person to bitch slap a identity politics troll but stating a racially specific fact and playing identity politics is a slippery sport if you can’t distinguish the two..

Help me understand...what racially specfic fact was stated by @Leagon

Honest question. Do you think an average cop can identify what weapon is being fired inside a school when he is outside? I’ll bet he hasn’t heard an AR being fired very often.

The report is very distinct.

been in combat. got the medals to prove it. when i first heard criticism of the guy the first thing going through my mind was that if he DID engage, he must have massive cojones to bring a pistol into a fight with a guy packing an AR-15. that is a ludicrous mismatch in firepower.

On the flip side, its basically his job to do that though and id have expected a locker with a rifle or at the least a shotgun to be nearby. until i get the info on what options were actually available to this deputy or whatever i will reserve judgment.

Wouldnt the only advantage be the ability to slice the pie and mag capacity?

Odds of a perp knowing how to do that are slim.

So really any advantage perceived is an excuse used on their part for their inaction.
When we raise that right hand we are telling our country and our god that we will run towards danger no matter the cost.

Seems like selfless service comes with terms and conditions these days...

Your definition of Accountability is wrong(I know your being sarcastic)

Accountability..when they fuck up,they take responsibility.

Getting a worse rep... by America. Maybe southern Cali is different then where you live but police aren’t really looked up to here anymore..they are civil servants ..we don’t cop worship to be more specific.

I am a general foreman/Superintedant of commercial construction...my last project was a criminal justice center and scenario lab,I work with police dept a lot. ...I’m not a cop,I don’t pretend to know the specifics of there job but I am smart enough to know that , over militarized police have become a problem in this country for along time..it isn’t a white /black issue for me .

it’s a authoritarian one.

Civil rights violations
Bad shoots/tax payer paid settlements
Civil forfeiture
Prison for profit
Over bloated Police unions

coward cops.

All that shit stinks, that doesn’t make me anti cop on a individual level though..I look at police the same way I do military..I respect the player most the time but hate the game.

Also..to clarify.

I have some serious respect for good Leo’s (which I’m smart enough to know make up the majority) . My best friend is San Bernardino detective. I know what they go through.

Accountability for bad police/dept/etc. should be something all good police officers champion .

In fact there voice should be the loudest.

I pretty much have the same opinion as you.

Unfortunately, the number of people who have a similar opinion on cops but have ZERO respect for ANY of them is growing.

Wouldnt the only advantage be the ability to slice the pie and mag capacity?

Odds of a perp knowing how to do that are slim.

So really any advantage perceived is an excuse used on their part for their inaction.
When we raise that right hand we are telling our country and our god that we will run towards danger no matter the cost.

Seems like selfless service comes with terms and conditions these days...

You can "slice the pie" with a pistol, too. Or do you not know what the term means ?

Mag capacity and accuracy at distance are both big advantages.

Care to regale us all with your first hand experience ? Or...should we wait until all the facts are known before passing sanctimonious judgments ?

Not excusing anything, but I don't know all the details. Neither do you.

While I agree with most you posted... white suburban America didn’t give a rats ass if some brother from fairfax district got his head split by a dirty cop...

To be fair....and consistent with your generalization...black inner city brothers didn’t give a rats ass either....

The rest of your post made sense, especillay around cameras and social media bringing it more to light.

I pretty much have the same opinion as you.

Unfortunately, the number of people who have a similar opinion on cops but have ZERO respect for ANY of them is growing.

Because it seems the numbers of impulsive low information types so eager to shit on someone else; without knowing the facts, circumstances or totality of a given situation, is growing rapidly.

We don't let non medical professionals second guess doctors -

Deaths from medical mistakes
In all, preventable medical mistakes may account for one-sixth of all deaths that occur in the US annually. According to the latest estimates, between 210,000 and 440,000 Americans die from preventable hospital errors each year.

But we certainly all know what a policeman should've done in every situation.

I'm all for accountability provided it's on a case by case basis and determined by people that actually know wtf they're looking at or talking about. Nowadays accountability seems to be "the results I want or think are warranted" as determined by people with little or no knowledge on the subject.

As a former policeman...believe me we want the turds rooted out.

It’s in the way you wrote it...your first post started off by you implying all whites when you used the term “white people”. You then reinforced it with using the term poor white people in the paragraph where you spoke about rich people and their minions...by doing so logical people will read it as specific to all white people and then to only poor white people...it’s in the way you wrote it... a logical person would read that you have an agenda....To be fair, logically speaking of course....it’s the Same style that people with a slightly different agenda use when they use the term “black community”....logically speaking the terms white people and black community mean the same thing to logical people...I hope that helps and there is a way you can prevent logical people from misunderstanding you, is by not using those types of terms or by ensuring somehow that you really mean everyone when you do...or you could admit at the beginning of your post that you have a bias against people of a race or ethnicity.

Okay, my fault. I won't use those "types of terms."

You can "slice the pie" with a pistol, too. Or do you not know what the term means ?

Mag capacity and accuracy at distance are both big advantages.

Care to regale us all with your first hand experience ? Or...should we wait until all the facts are known before passing sanctimonious judgments ?

Not excusing anything, but I don't know all the details. Neither do you.

Arent you the cop that also doesnt know what "operational discretion" means?

So why do you even have an opinion?

Why are you even attempting to quiet mine?

Unwad your drawers

Arent you the cop that also doesnt know what "operational discretion" means?

So why do you even have an opinion?

Why are you even attempting to quiet mine?

Unwad your drawers

Huh ? Wrong guy, fella. I left the dept. after ten years to join a contracting company making way more money.

You don't know what "slice the pie" is but you certainly have an opinion on tactics. That's rich.

I guess educating someone now = "quieting" ? Check your fragile ego.

Oh...and can we hear all your tales of taking out gunmen in schools ?

It's racist to imply that we somehow hold some special oblivion to these matters. The implication here is that we're just a bunch of dumb, entitled, oblivious hicks who apparently have no clue how the world works despite that we are constantly harangued for being the ones who run it. You're talking about these matters like it was Apartheid.

Newsflash to bigots: most of us were aware that cops are sometimes cowards (and are even sometimes corrupt). Most of us were aware that people make false accusations. Finally, the notion that "elections won't go our way" is the worst of all because not only does it cast our interests as monolithic, but also casts us as an other, and yet worse that we are somehow aligned against all other races.

You have nothing to "teach" us by virtue of your racial experience except to relate anecdote and personal experience.

It's okay. It's not explicit. So I wouldn't kick you out of a hockey game for it. I don't flake.

Have you been living under a rock since 2014? Whenever some asshole says “check your privilege” what they mean is what he said. I’m not saying they’re right, or that he’s right, but that his statement is pretty much the ordinary discourse over the last 4 years. Unless you’re suggesting that anyone brings up “privilege” they’re being racist. Which you very well may be suggesting. In which case I don’t really disagree.

Huh ? Wrong guy, fella. I left the dept. after ten years to join a contracting company making way more money.

You don't know what "slice the pie" is but you certainly have an opinion on tactics. That's rich.

I guess educating someone now = "quieting" ? Check your fragile ego.

Oh...and can we hear all your tales of taking out gunmen in schools ?

Says the guy triggered by my use of "selfless service."

Sorry guy... Some of dont do this for the hero worship.

Because it seems the numbers of impulsive low information types so eager to shit on someone else; without knowing the facts, circumstances or totality of a given situation, is growing rapidly.

We don't let non medical professionals second guess doctors -

Deaths from medical mistakes
In all, preventable medical mistakes may account for one-sixth of all deaths that occur in the US annually. According to the latest estimates, between 210,000 and 440,000 Americans die from preventable hospital errors each year.

But we certainly all know what a policeman should've done in every situation.

I'm all for accountability provided it's on a case by case basis and determined by people that actually know wtf they're looking at or talking about. Nowadays accountability seems to be "the results I want or think are warranted" as determined by people with little or no knowledge on the subject.

As a former policeman...believe me we want the turds rooted out.

Word and would add...as long as the “ones that know what they are talking about” are NOT driving an agenda that’s counter to what is needed.

Word and would add...as long as the “ones that know what they are talking” are driving an agenda that’s counter to what is needed.
At the end of the day what we know about this event is multiple points of failure allowed this disturbed young man to kill many of his former classmates. Our standards failed when his aggression wasn't satisfactorily dealt with prior to his expulsion. It failed at the point of his expulsion when appropriate psychiatric counselling apparently wasn't provided to deal with the emotional issues he so obviously had. It failed again on numerous points when he again wasn't provided appropriate counselling at any point after the family that took him felt compelled to call law enforcement because of his actions, threats or combinations of both.

It all culminated in him walking into that school with a weapon he had no business possessing given his issues and killing multiple youths. During that period the security provided for the school failed its function. Whether from cowardice or an over developed sense of self-preservation the officer on site failed. Then when reinforcements arrived in the persons of three more officers again security measures failed as they refused to go into the school and engage the kid in an effort to save lives.

It took the arrival of at least four, possibly five more officers before any sort of action was undertaken to stop the slaughter and even then, the original four officers didn't go into the school to assist.

Those are such catastrophic failures at so many points in the chain of events that led to the shootings that the arguments around him having an AR are almost pointless. Every adult, with the acception of the officers that actually went in to the school, that had a direct impact on or responsibility for that kid failed him and failed the students and adults he was able to kill.

Well said and hopefully those that can, will effect the correct change needed at each failure point.

Nowadays social media and the tabloids decide the fate of emergency services and military it seems

Back